Does Frankie prove this...

War_Guida

that fighting at your real weight give you an advantage if you have real skill...?

please give me reason why you believe yes or no'

thanks

Every fighter is different, some fight better with less size than their opponent, some fight better with the size advantage. I think this thread is dumb.

Mark Twain- It's not the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Every fighter is different' date=' some fight better with less size than their opponent, some fight better with the size advantage. I think this thread is dumb.

Mark Twain- It's not the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog.[/quote']

i appreciate your reply but kinda down you called it dumb ppl have a right to talk about what they believe and i believe in wat i asked but thanks again i like the quote you quoted

that fighting at your real weight give you an advantage if you have real skill...?

thanks

Yes. He doesn't get gassed because the weight cut isn't nearly as much as Gray and other LW's. Frankie has soo much skill too, So mix that with heart and great cardio...What you have is one great fighter.

thanks

No

If gsp fought at his real weight(190-LHW) he would get ****ed up.

Frankie is just soo good, and him not cutting weight is good for his style, but not many people have that style, so not cutting only benifits a couple fighters like Hendo, Frankie, Cain etc.

I think you should weigh in on the day of your fight a few hours before so this BS of walking around 30+ lbs heavier would stop it's like legal cheating. When we wrestled we made weight the day of the fight a few hours before it. That';s the only fair way to handle the weights. And while I am at it the drug tests should always be before the fight this after the fight drug test crap is stupid.

I think you should weigh in on the day of your fight a few hours before so this BS of walking around 30+ lbs heavier would stop it's like legal cheating. When we wrestled we made weight the day of the fight a few hours before it. That';s the only fair way to handle the weights. And while I am at it the drug tests should always be before the fight this after the fight drug test crap is stupid.

It's unsafe to weigh in so close to the fight. The fighters will still try to cut and rehydrate.

There was a thread about this about 1 month ago. They moved the weigh ins back in boxing because when you dehydrate to make weight you lose fluid around your brain, which is too dangerous. After a boxer got killed on national television in the 80's, they changed it, and MMA also decided it was better to weigh in the day before.

There was a thread about this about 1 month ago. They moved the weigh ins back in boxing because when you dehydrate to make weight you lose fluid around your brain' date=' which is too dangerous. After a boxer got killed on national television in the 80's, they changed it, and MMA also decided it was better to weigh in the day before.[/quote']

i didnt know all this. my opinion honestly is that grown men know what they are doing so let them cut weight but then again my other half say you know how much you want to win and that blinds you and you dont think right so its not ok ...but i cant decide wats best to let them cut or not

i didnt know all this. my opinion honestly is that grown men know what they are doing so let them cut weight but then again my other half say you know how much you want to win and that blinds you and you dont think right so its not ok ...but i cant decide wats best to let them cut or not

I agree with you that if everyone fought at their natural weights that it would be better, but it's probably never going to happen.

I agree with you that if everyone fought at their natural weights that it would be better' date=' but it's probably never going to happen.[/quote']

i would like to see it just so we could really see who is the better real fighter like natural skill wise... im 6ft just because i can drop weight shouldnt allow me to fight a 5'6 or 5'8 guy in real life thats not how it works i want to see who the better real fighter is right? do you guys agree?

i would like to see it just so we could really see who is the better real fighter like natural skill wise... im 6ft just because i can drop weight shouldnt allow me to fight a 5'6 or 5'8 guy in real life thats not how it works i want to see who the better real fighter is right? do you guys agree?

I agree. I said in the past that if someone weighs 200 lbs., and the first thing they do is cut weight to fight in a lower division, they are already admitting weakness. They should have the confidence to fight at their normal weight. Then, if they can't cut it, they can drop down to a lower weight.

I agree. I said in the past that if someone weighs 200 lbs.' date=' and the first thing they do is cut weight to fight in a lower division, they are already admitting weakness. They should have the confidence to fight at their normal weight. Then, if they can't cut it, they can drop down to a lower weight.[/quote']

thank you!!! thats why now i respect ppl like cormier fedor hendo cain and jsd they fight at their natural or higher wieght class oh and pat we all know fedor pat cain and jds can probably fight at LHW and wreck like the punk Bones (yes he's good but he should be HW) but they dont they fight at HW right?

Archived