Edgar > Aldo P4P

bluesy

Let's face it, putting Jose beside Anderson and GSP is ridiculous. He hasn't been able to finish a fight in the UFC and in both his decision wins, he looked gassed and incapable of being a dominant champion, let alone deserving of being placed amongst the top fighters in the world.

He only reached P4P status because he could afford to be flashy and exciting against a horde of inferior fighters in WEC. He has some wicked highlights, but in the UFC he can't pull off the same kind of stuff.

Even though I dislike the two, Frankie and Jon Jones have so far done enough to prove that they deserve the P4P accolade. Edgar outclassed BJ twice and just knocked out the only blemish on his record, and Jones is going on a tear against the best in his division. What the hell has Aldo done? Cain deserves P4P privilege before Jose.

Let's face it' date=' putting Jose beside Anderson and GSP is ridiculous. He hasn't been able to finish a fight in the UFC and in both his decision wins, he looked gassed and incapable of being a dominant champion, let alone deserving of being placed amongst the top fighters in the world.

He only reached P4P status because he could afford to be flashy and exciting against a horde of inferior fighters in WEC. He has some wicked highlights, but in the UFC he can't pull off the same kind of stuff.

Even though I dislike the two, Frankie and Jon Jones have so far done enough to prove that they deserve the P4P accolade. Edgar outclassed BJ twice and just knocked out the only blemish on his record, and Jones is going on a tear against the best in his division. What the hell has Aldo done? Cain deserves P4P privilege before Jose.[/quote']

^ this dang u guys are finally started to understand :)

Let's face it' date=' putting Jose beside Anderson and GSP is ridiculous. He hasn't been able to finish a fight in the UFC and in both his decision wins, he looked gassed and incapable of being a dominant champion, let alone deserving of being placed amongst the top fighters in the world.

Even though I dislike the two, Frankie and Jon Jones have so far done enough to prove that they deserve the P4P accolade. Edgar outclassed BJ twice and just knocked out the only blemish on his record, and Jones is going on a tear against the best in his division. What the hell has Aldo done? Cain deserves P4P privilege before Jose.[/quote']

+1 about time someone else said it

Because of my cable provider, I never was really able to watch the WEC. But, I did hear a lot about Aldo, about his leg kicks, how young he is, how dominant he is. I think he is a good fighter, but after watching his UFC fights I really haven't seen what is so great about him. But it is just a small sample size so far.

Typical fanboy opinion. Jose has finsehed alot of his fights in amazing fashion. saying Gsp deserves more respect for his fights is a joke, and saing Edgar deserves more repect for dropping a guy that dropped him like 5 times seems ridiculous. Jose. is legit his fights are legit and his finishes are legit I dont see how anyone could argue that.

Typical fanboy opinion. Jose has finsehed alot of his fights in amazing fashion. saying Gsp deserves more respect for his fights is a joke' date=' and saing Edgar deserves more repect for dropping a guy that dropped him like 5 times seems ridiculous. Jose. is legit his fights are legit and his finishes are legit I dont see how anyone could argue that.[/quote']

Finished a lot of fights against complete nobodies like Manvel Gamburyan, a LW reject. So what if he finished fights and got to the top quickly in a weak division. Gamburyan was 2-3 in the LW division, yet was able to drop and easily go 3-0 at FW to get his title shot. How can you honestly compare the names on their resumes and consider Aldo to have a better career? He is also doing this while being one of the biggest guys in his division, while Edgar is one of the smallest. The OP is right, Edgar is clearly higher than Aldo on the p4p list and would beat Aldo if they fought.

Aldo kind of has the Fedor mystique. Whenever you question their P4P status, the fanboys come out and evoke their padded record. Seriously, what had Aldo done in the UFC to be deemed a P4P monster? Defending his belt isn't enough. He's not even dominating his decision victories.

Archived