On Aldo's last two lacklustre performances...

wingzero8717

Against Hominick: The weight cut for 129 was so rough on Aldo and even though he had a dominant performance and won 4 out of 5 rounds we didn't see the same explosion and speed that his fans have grown accustom to.

Against Florian: Aldo had a good weight cut for this fight and his cardio looked better than it did against Hominick, Jose hurt Kenny with leg kicks on quite a few occasions but he didnt want to get taken down and went away from what was his best weapon in the fight, And it was evident that Kenny wanted to hold Aldo against the cage and take him down a strategy that failed him against BJ. i think this fight was boring because Kenny made it that way, and Aldo did enough to win the decision but i think he failed to pull the trigger because he didnt want to gas as he did in the final round of his last fight.

Aldo will return to form against Mendes, because Mendes is virtually a clone of Urijah Faber but Mendes has questionable cardio, i think we will see the Jose Aldo that all his fans enjoy watching for his vicious attacking style return against Chad Mendes, discuss.

I didnt find either of those fights to be lackluster

They were both great fights in my opinion

the way he means lackluster here i think is the fact that aldo could not finish when he hurt his opponent.

he hurt hominick twice didnt finish.

he hurt kenflo with a leg kick and a 1,2 combo but couldnt finish.

I didnt find either of those fights to be lackluster

They were both great fights in my opinion

I agree with the Hominick fight was very exciting, but my main point is the florian fight was boring because kenny made it that way by continuously getting his take downs stuffed and trying to hold Aldo against the cage even though he had little success with these things. Mendes is an aggressive fighter and i think we will see the explosive Aldo that we all were accustomed to seeing.

Stylistically i think Aldo is a terrible matchup for Edgar' date=' Jose would hammer him with leg kicks and stuff his takedowns Edgar's chin is great though dont think Aldo could finish him.[/quote']

Those kicks would meet double legs all day long, Edgars movement on the feet is severely superior he will pick at Aldo, tire him out and take the fight where he wants it.

Thinking Aldo can come to 155lbs and get through the top guys in the division clearly haven't seen him fight his last 3-4 times.

Stylistically i think Aldo is a terrible matchup for Edgar' date=' Jose would hammer him with leg kicks and stuff his takedowns Edgar's chin is great though dont think Aldo could finish him.[/quote']

We will never know unless they fight, but all of a sudden everyone in the forums seems to think that Edgar can NEVER be stopped because he is very tough, and has a good chin, but every fighter with power is different. Leben had a "granite chin" till Silva came in and knocked him out, and that kid can take shots. Edgar has serious heart and he is a good fighter but he is not invincible. Only time will tell.

Those kicks would meet double legs all day long' date=' Edgars movement on the feet is severely superior he will pick at Aldo, tire him out and take the fight where he wants it.

Thinking Aldo can come to 155lbs and get through the top guys in the division clearly haven't seen him fight his last 3-4 times.[/quote']

Aldo would tool Edgar.

Archived