You Know What Makes Me Laugh?

Rikly

How silly some MMA fans actually are. I know this is MMA and anything can happen but why were people so confident that Stann would beat Sonnen? Stann has had trouble with wrestlers in the past and all 3 of his previous losses came from wrestlers, but then when he goes up against one of, if not the best wrestler in MMA, he's gonna win and knock him out?

Hahahahaha some people are just so far away from reality it aint funny.

I legitimately laughed when Guillard came in believing all his hype bouncing around thinking he was invincible' date=' only to be rocked and submitted in 50 seconds :D[/quote']

Haha yeh even though I was going for Guillard and thought he would KO Lauzon with eaze, I must admit that I definitely under estimated Lauzon and that was a great win for him.

Haha yeh even though I was going for Guillard and thought he would KO Lauzon with eaze' date=' I must admit that I definitely under estimated Lauzon and that was a great win for him.[/quote']

So what's the difference. You thought Guillard would easily KO Joe and some people thought Stann would do it to Chael.

I didn't but i knew there's a decent chance of that happening. Apparently so did Cheal which is why he bum rushed him from the get go.

So what's the difference. You thought Guillard would easily KO Joe and some people thought Stann would do it to Chael.

I didn't but i knew there's a decent chance of that happening. Apparently so did Cheal which is why he bum rushed him from the get go.

The difference is that even though I thought Guillard would easily KO Lauzon, it wasn't like Lauzon had no chance. Neither have great wrestling, Lauzon is better on the ground and Guillard is better at standup, so it was a pretty even match. I just thought that Guillard would win..

However with Stann and Sonnen, how could Stann have won that fight? It was obvious he was not going to be able to defend Sonnen's takedowns and strikers have been molested by grapplers since the beginning of MMA. Stann had a small chance of submitting him but that's about it.. I don't understand why everyone thought Stann was going to T/KO Sonnen.

How silly some MMA fans actually are. I know this is MMA and anything can happen but why were people so confident that Stann would beat Sonnen? Stann has had trouble with wrestlers in the past and all 3 of his previous losses came from wrestlers' date=' but then when he goes up against one of, if not the best wrestler in MMA, he's gonna win and knock him out?

Hahahahaha some people are just so far away from reality it aint funny.[/quote']

I agree man. I didn't really give Stann much of a shot.

The difference is that even though I thought Guillard would easily KO Lauzon' date=' it wasn't like Lauzon had no chance. Neither have great wrestling, Lauzon is better on the ground and Guillard is better at standup, so it was a pretty even match. I just thought that Guillard would win..

However with Stann and Sonnen, how could Stann have won that fight? It was obvious he was not going to be able to defend Sonnen's takedowns and strikers have been molested by grapplers since the beginning of MMA. Stann had a small chance of submitting him but that's about it.. I don't understand why everyone thought Stann was going to T/KO Sonnen.[/quote']

If Chael would have played standup a bit more instead of just rushing in Stann had a punchers chance but Chael didn't **** around and rushed right in and the first attempt nearly failed because he telegraphed the hell out of it. Stann is also a pretty tough guy and some people thought Chael would have to repeat his bumrush every round and they though he would fail at a few for telegraphing them or have to play standup a bit to set them up better.

I think that's reasonable although i gave Chael a very good chance of being able to take him down consistantly and pound out a UD. I didn't see him submitting Stann so easily.

On Joe i knew if it hit the ground and Melvin didn't spring right back up he'd get submitted.

I legitimately laughed when Guillard came in believing all his hype bouncing around thinking he was invincible' date=' only to be rocked and submitted in 50 seconds :D[/quote']

YEah as soon as someone believes their hype, they are finished.

Archived