Dana White says Frankie Edgar is #2 P4P and best boxer in the UFC

AndersonsFoot

Didn't steal it just got beat to it. I apologize for that. Heard him say it and then noticed others posted before i did.

Lol I don't care, you can steal any thread you want. It wasn't stolen, I just have nothing more to say about all these repeat threads.

He is a really good fighter that recovers well... But if he was the best boxer in the UFC he would not have been caught by a haymaker in this fight or the one before. Dos Santos is the best boxer in the UFC.

You have to consider footwork. No doubt that Frankie has the most insane footwork and crispness in his boxing. I said this after his first fight with BJ and nobody even acknowledged it. Freddie Roach said BJ was the best boxer in MMA and Edgar completely outclassed him.

You have to consider footwork. No doubt that Frankie has the most insane footwork and crispness in his boxing. I said this after his first fight with BJ and nobody even acknowledged it. Freddie Roach said BJ was the best boxer in MMA and Edgar completely outclassed him.

He is very fast and has excellent footwork and movement. He is able to move in and out very fast so I can see where people would think this.

When Maynard pressured Edgar, he hurt him, in both fights. The best things about Edgar are heart and speed. JDS is the best boxer.

No Dana is smart at saying this and I agree with him. About the boxing part, not P4P, not yet, in standup maybe. Dana was a boxer from the old days, he knows skill and talent when he sees it, Ive been thinking Frankie is a beast with his hands since he took on Penn in the first fight. Before the world was talking about how Penn was great in the standup and the best out there, but Edgar picked him apart twice. And watching his last two fights against Gray you can see the foot work, head movement, hand speed etc. Its all there, he IS a brilliant boxer and I do think he is the best in the biz along with Junior.

When Maynard pressured Edgar' date=' he hurt him, in both fights. The best things about Edgar are heart and speed. JDS is the best boxer.[/quote']

Once again, FOOTWORK, execution, technique... Just cuz he got caught, it doesn't deny the skill that is apparent there. He got tagged by a much stronger guy, that's it. He outstruck Maynard and avoided his power shots for the next 4 rounds. Gray didn't phone it in, he just coldn't catch the guy again.

No Dana is smart at saying this and I agree with him. About the boxing part' date=' not P4P, not yet, in standup maybe. Dana was a boxer from the old days, he knows skill and talent when he sees it, Ive been thinking Frankie is a beast with his hands since he took on Penn in the first fight. Before the world was talking about how Penn was great in the standup and the best out there, but Edgar picked him apart twice. And watching his last two fights against Gray you can see the foot work, head movement, hand speed etc. Its all there, he IS a brilliant boxer and I do think he is the best in the biz along with Junior.[/quote']

Dana was a piece of sh** as a boxer. If Maynard had a gas tank he would now have 2 knockouts of Edgar. I respect Edgar's heart, but MMA is full of hard punching wrestlers who can't really box, like Maynard.

Sometimes Dana White says some really dumb ****' date=' this is another example. Edgar still isn't close to GSP or Aldo who are both clearly above him on the P4P rankings, but he did really well tonight so I will forgive Dana for getting caught up in the moment.[/quote']

You're an idiot if you consider Aldo above Edgar in P4P rankings. I'm not even sure how you justify it. Edgar has fought and beaten better competition while being one of the smallest guys in his weight class.

You're an idiot if you consider Aldo above Edgar in P4P rankings. I'm not even sure how you justify it. Edgar has fought and beaten better competition while being one of the smallest guys in his weight class.

Try to picture a fight between Aldo and Edgar. I see Aldo stopping Edgar's best skill, which is his footwork, with leg kicks. P4P doesn't have anything to do with records, it's about comparing skills, strengths and weaknesses.

Try to picture a fight between Aldo and Edgar. I see Aldo stopping Edgar's best skill' date=' which is his footwork, with leg kicks. P4P doesn't have anything to do with records, it's about comparing skills, strengths and weaknesses.[/quote']

Agreed...high level thai boxing normaly beats high level boxing...normaly

LOL Maybe now GSP fans can turn their hate towards Edgar instead of being so fixated on Silva all the time.

LMAO they can't say the LW division is weak though, and they can't say that Edgar cuts to much either.

Maybe they will say Edgar cheats by not cutting any weight, he is too fast.

Archived