Frankie gained a TON of respect from me but......

alliedwarior

Alright guys think about this, Gray Maynard has 1 finish to his name against a bum.

Gray never showd any impressive striking or power until his fight with Frankie. Gray "only wins decisions" Maynard ROCKED Frankie big time.

If Gray Maynard can come that close to a finish twice, Frankie is gunna be in big trouble against some fighters who can actually strike.

I understand why people are considering him to be one of the p4p best but IMO he wont defend his title more than 3 more fights. (IM not gunna say hell lose his next fight cause obviusly he is a legit champion) .

IMO Nate Diaz would mess Frankie up, Gulliard would KTFO of hiim (even thought he just lost so he wont), and J Lo would prob beat him to.

Dont take this wrong Frankie is amazing and for now the best lightweight in the world, but there are TONs of guys who cant beat him, its like people forgot that all Grays wins were close decisions that he really lost alot of the time.

ALSO I have to say WTF is up with this amazing chin talk, who has Gray ever KOd never mind even rocked ! IMO that is a sign of a bad chin not a good chin.

Alright guys think about this' date=' Gray Maynard has 1 finish to his name against a bum.

Gray never showd any impressive striking or power until his fight with Frankie. Gray "only wins decisions" Maynard ROCKED Frankie big time.

If Gray Maynard can come that close to a finish twice, Frankie is gunna be in big trouble against some fighters who can actually strike.

I understand why people are considering him to be one of the p4p best but IMO he wont defend his title more than 3 more fights.

IMO Nate Diaz would mess Frankie up, Gulliard would KTFO of hiim (even thought he just lost so he wont), and J Lo would prob beat him to.

Dont take this wrong Frankie is amazing and for now the best lightweight in the world, but there are TONs of guys who cant beat him, its like people forgot that all Grays wins were close decisions that he really lost alot of the time.

ALSO I have to say WTF is up with this amazing chin talk, who has Gray ever KOd never mind even rocked ! IMO that is a sign of a bad chin not a good chin.[/quote']

WAIT -- BJ Penn was being touted as a rival P4P king, until Frankie dismantled him twice! Now Penn and Maynard both suck?????? I must be missing somethign here.

Alright guys think about this' date=' Gray Maynard has 1 finish to his name against a bum.

I understand why people are considering him to be one of the p4p best but IMO he wont defend his title more than 3 more fights.

ALSO I have to say WTF is up with this amazing chin talk, who has Gray ever KOd never mind even rocked ! IMO that is a sign of a bad chin not a good chin.[/quote']

Hm and penn sucks too. Nope u r wrong im sry:(

Don't discredit Maynard. It was a good win for Edgar.

Im not discrediting Maynard as a fighter, just as a power striker.

AMAZING WIN not just good for Edgar and I honestly wasnt a fan of Frankie until that fight now I love him.

But im just being honest Gray isnt a power puncher and he doesnt KO peoplle.

I think people are crazy to say Frankie has `the best chin ever` ect.

WAIT -- BJ Penn was being touted as a rival P4P king' date=' until Frankie dismantled him twice! Now Penn and Maynard both suck?????? I must be missing somethign here.[/quote']

WTF!

I never said that read again I said Maynard is a great fighter, Edgar is the best lightweight for now.

but he will be beaten and Maynard doesnt KO people, those are my two main points.

Maynard and Edgar are both top 10 Lightweight without a doubt.

Hm and penn sucks too. Nope u r wrong im sry:(

When did i say anyone sucks

this forum is what sucks, everyone comes here and makes it seem like im saying frakie sucks.

NOT THE CASE HE IS AMAZING ! But im saying someone who has less than a 20% finish rate came EXTREMELY close to finishign him twice.

Frankie is awesome. Lil man. Huge heart. I hope he fights Aldo sooner than later. That being said, out of the top three contenders at the moment I think he has problems with two of them. I think he dominates Guida and has troubles with Henderson or Melendez. Not saying either beats him but only that they cause problems.

Frankie is awesome. Lil man. Huge heart. I hope he fights Aldo sooner than later. That being said' date=' out of the top three contenders at the moment I think he has problems with two of them. I think he dominates Guida and has troubles with Henderson or Melendez. Not saying either beats him but only that they cause problems.[/quote']

good commment i agree, but epic name epic movie.

I understand why people are considering him to be one of the p4p best but IMO he wont defend his title more than 3 more fights. (IM not gunna say hell lose his next fight cause obviusly he is a legit champion) .

I'd agree if he never beat BJ Penn.

The reason Frankie doesn't get the respect he deserves is because he's a point fighter.

He's got good well rounded striking, good enough bjj, great wrestling, movement, cardio

a good chin and a ton of heart.

There is really nothing outstanding about him other than he uses his style well, is very complete, can wheather a storm and has a true champions heart.

He's not a fighter that can just go out and destroy and because of that he doesn't get as much respect as he deserves.

Archived