How do you rank Aldo higher p4p than Edgar?

Brent555

Seriously, I don't understand how you can justify doing so. I mean I realize p4p rankings are a little silly and hard to define to begin with...but Edgar has fought better competition, beaten better competition, and has done so while being one of the smallest guys in his weight class. Aldo on the other hand has looked good, but is one of the biggest guys in his weight class and the biggest name on his resume is KenFlo, who he didn't look that great against. I just don't understand what he has done to justify being ranked above Edgar. Can somebody explain it to me?

It's real easy when you look at Aldo's career vs Edgar's career instead of simply looking at their fights tonight. Aldo has been clearly more dominant in his fights than Edgar who only finally finished an opponent tonight.

How can you look at the careers yet completely ignore the names on the careers?

Aldo has a great highlight reel against inferior competition in WEC. That's the only reason why he's on the list. In the UFC, he can't finish a fight, gasses terribly, and can't get away with any of his flashy stuff. The dude was definitely overhyped coming into the company. It happens a lot when a guy is so dominant outside and makes his way in.

He's a great fighter, but nowhere near the absolute best in the sport.

Archived