Silva/Sonnen II -- Who you got?

bluesy

Sonnen's double leg is pretty relentless. At first I thought the rib injury may have made it easy for Chael in the first fight, but man, he looked amazing tonight and I could see him really doing the same thing again. But then again, Anderson is crazy and you don't know what he has in store.

LOL at the hype Sonnen is getting after beating Stann.

Stann was successful at MW because of the people who he was fighting against. Leben & Santiago. Both stand up fighters....Styles makes fights!..... Against a wrestler Stann would struggle. Like he did with Davis & now Sonnen. Thats is still Stann weak part in his game.

Sonnen will get submitted or KOed by Silva.

Lets up the stakes anyone wanna account bet?

Not carnage41 cos he is a welch.

lol read man' date=' you dont know, sonnen beat silva with his testosterone 1/10 higher than the normal value the **** .1? LOL study ur math ok?[/quote']

exact value seems to have been buried, when the story first broke i read 4x, now all i can find is "high" "abnormally high" and "elevated"

do you have a link?

im a little biased on this one' date=' like chael and hate silva.

Chael UD, but for him to win, he really has to work on his submission defense, and keep it on the mat.

[b']if he tries to strike with silva, it'll be a short night for him.[/b]

Less we forget the multiple shots landed by Sonnen stunning the #1 P4P fighter.

Less we forget the multiple shots landed by Sonnen stunning the #1 P4P fighter.

true, but as stated on another thread, if you stand with him too long, and silva starts to get comfortable, he's going to start calculating his range, his opponents timing, and all sorts of other things that contribute to him winning so dominantly.

could chael stand with him? probably. he did fire off some good shots at him last time.

is it a good idea? hell no. chael needs to take the fight to the mat, control him, and GnP him.

I hate Silva but I think he would probably win the rematch. Silva has a lot of ways to finish Sonnen but Chael's only hope of winning is to grind out a 5 round decision. Yes Sonnen submitted Stahn but Silva is a whole different story on the ground. That gives Silva too much time and as we have seen before he can finish fights quickly when the opportunity comes. Jon Jones is the only 185 and 205 pound fighter who can defeat Silva.

I think people are forgetting 2 things.

Wrestlers are dominant in mma

And their first fight. Sonnen manhandled him for 20+ minutes before succumbing to his only weakness' date=' if he fills that hole only, you have to think Sonnen.[/quote']

Lets look at the champions.

HW: striker

LHW: all around

MW: striker

WW: all around

LW: striker

FW: striker

BW: all around

I know some of the strikers have wrestling backgrounds but it is their striking that is utilized the most and it is what gets them the W. Wrestling is no more dominant than any other discipline. And this is with the UFC rules and judging favoring wrestlers.

LOL at the hype Sonnen is getting after beating Stann.

Stann was successful at MW because of the people who he was fighting against. Leben & Santiago. Both stand up fighters....Styles makes fights!..... Against a wrestler Stann would struggle. Like he did with Davis & now Sonnen. Thats is still Stann weak part in his game.

Sonnen will get submitted or KOed by Silva.

Lets up the stakes anyone wanna account bet?

Not carnage41 cos he is a welch.

stann has a GREAT ground game, he submitted BJJ black belt mike massenzio,

sonnen is just SO so good on the ground that even stann looks amateurish against the almighty launderer

Sonnen.

Silva looked terrible their first time' date=' and I'd expect more of the same, with Sonnen being much more apprehensive as to what positions he puts himself in on the ground.

I'm looking forward to more ear punches.[/quote']

but it was Sonnen's lack of apprehensiveness that got him as far as he did... if he falls back, he'll lose again...

HW: NCAA Div 1 Wrestler who wins by making fights play out to their opponents weakness

LHW: Wrestler who wins by making fights play out to their opponents weakness

MW: striker (soon to be wrestler)

WW: Wrestler who wins by making fights play out to their opponents weakness

LW: NCAA Div 1 Wrestler who wins by making fights play out to their opponents weakness

BW: Wrestler who wins by making fights play out to their opponents weakness

I know some of the strikers have wrestling backgrounds but it is their striking that is utilized the most and it is what gets them the W. Wrestling is no more dominant than any other discipline. And this is with the UFC rules and judging favoring wrestlers.

Let me fix this

As well as recent former champs and #1 contenders with wrestling base

Lesnar

Okami

Maynard

Shields

Evans

Sonnen

Carwin

HW: striker

LHW: all around

MW: striker

WW: all around

LW: striker

BW: all around

Are you retarded?

Archived