UFC 138 is garbage

Ansem

I truly feel sorry for the U.K. fans, they're great fans deserving of getting to see great fights but instead they keep getting stuck with the worse put-together cards of the year every year.

And UFC 138 is one of the worse cards (on paper, because he could end up being an entertaining card) that the UFC has put together in the last 10+ years since Zuffa took over ownership of the UFC.

They do get the worst cards but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for them since their hasn't been a UFC fight in Florida since a fight night about six years ago. I wish there was a fight near me as often as they have in the UK even if it was a mediocre card.

dude how can you complain free night of fights which 4 of them are gonna be entertaining as hell Leben vs Munoz,Brown vs Hathaway,Njokuani vs Taylor and Alves vs Abedi which will be FOTN.You have to remember dude every card cant be stacked especially how many stacked cards there has been recently.

They do get the worst cards but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for them since their hasn't been a UFC fight in Florida since a fight night about six years ago. I wish there was a fight near me as often as they have in the UK even if it was a mediocre card.

Yeah except you can go on a few hour flight or drive to a different state where as in the UK its 8 odd hour flight and thousands of pounds to watch a decent card in the US

I truly feel sorry for the U.K. fans' date=' they're great fans deserving of getting to see great fights but instead they keep getting stuck with the worse put-together cards of the year every year.

And UFC 138 is one of the worse cards (on paper, because he could end up being an entertaining card) that the UFC has put together in the last 10+ years since Zuffa took over ownership of the UFC.[/quote']

We might not have the big names, but everytime the UFC comes over here we see great fights.

Btw You shouldnt feel sorry for the UK people, if anything we all feel sorry for the yanks..... We dont pay for the ppvs...... Unlucky. :D

We might not have the big names' date=' but everytime the UFC comes over here we see great fights.

Btw You shouldnt feel sorry for the UK people, if anything we all feel sorry for the yanks..... We dont pay for the ppvs...... Unlucky. :D[/quote']

if Yanks are Americans...what do you call us Canadians?:D

i find it funny when most people talk down a card like this it ends up being a great card

nope thats like watching the special Olympics and then saying it was a great competition, only fight thats good i the main and the Thiago alves fight thats it.

You don't need big names to have a good card. It's all about how the guys match up against each other. I agree that the UK should get a "stacked" PPV in the near future as a show of appreciation to the fans there, but this card has the potential to be one of the best in recent memory. There are at least 4 possible FOTN candidates and Munoz/Leben will likely end in a brutal KO. Not to mention the fact that it's on free TV in the U.S. What more could you ask for?

Yay let's ***** about how a card sucks before it happens! That's smart...listen dummy why don't you wait for the card to happen before you whine about it. Fighters make fights, not names. That should sound like a broken record but incompetent TUF-fanboys like yourself don't get it.

lol at the mad brits' date=' its common knowledge UFC gives you badly put together cards with not many big names, maybe you guys should protest and then maybe dana would actually put bigger names on there[/quote']

Again id rather have no name fighters on UK cards, then to pay for every ppv.......... :P

Yay let's ***** about how a card sucks before it happens! That's smart...listen dummy why don't you wait for the card to happen before you whine about it. Fighters make fights' date=' not names. That should sound like a broken record but incompetent TUF-fanboys like yourself don't get it.[/quote']

+1 people need to get this

yeah all this feeling sorry for the uk is garbage. i'm in the virginia beach area and we have never gotten a card. so why do people feel sorry for the uk, when there are plenty of places in the states that don't get fights. let's not forget that the pay-per-views that we have to buy they get for free.

Ok, first and foremost I agree that this is a ropey card.

I don't think it is quite as bad as some have made out, but it certainly is not as good as others have campaigned.

It just seems like a distinctly below-average card.

I hate this idea that events in the UK must be filled with UK fighters, even at the expense of some bigger matches. And before people start climbing back upon their horses... I realise that any fight has the potential to be a good fight, but a lot of the fun in UFC is seeing how the title contendership is playing out. This card is almost totally absent of anybody currently pushing for a title shot. That is what others mean by having big names. Relevant fighters.

I think it would be nice to see some title fights, or at least number one contender fights in the UK.

Also, to clear up some other confusion.... We in the UK get about 2 free events a year. That might go up by one or two this year while the FOX deals are still rolling out, but we certainly do not get each event free.

Though saying that, we don't PPV either. The UFC main events are nearly all shown on a channel which costs ?10-?15 per month. Which is probably around $20+ (at a guess)

Archived