Your pound for pound list

King_Can

I am aware this thread was created a week ago, but so much as changed from that last 2 events.

1. Anderson Sivla

2. GSP

3. Edgar

4. Aldo

5. Cruz

6. Jones

7. Cain

8. Penn (yes, he lost 2ce to the 3rd best p4p fighter...)

9. Fitch

10. Rashad

icon2.gif if you want to do top 5 thats fine also.

Anderson

GSP

Jones

Aldo

Cruz

Edgar

Cain

JDS

Shogun

Rashad

Cruz, aldo, and jones do not deserve to be over Edgar after last night...

Jones hasn't impressed me enough to be top 5... he beat shogun who was on a long lay off (who griffin once beat) and he beat rampage who just got beat by rashad...

1) Anderson Silva

2) Frankie Edgar

3) GSP

4) Jose Aldo

5) Cain Velasquez

6) Dominick Cruz

7) Jon Jones

8) BJ Penn

9) Shogun Rua

10) Lyoto Machida

I know I'll get flamed for putting Edgar above GSP, but GSP mostly fights guys smaller than himself. Edgar fights and beats guys much larger than he is. His only loss is to Maynard who outweighs him by 20+ lbs. The fact that he then fought Maynard to a draw, defeated him at 136, and also defeated BJ twice puts him ahead of GSP IMO. I have Jones at 7 for the same reason. He's much larger than the guys he has defeated. P4P to me is about being able to defeat larger guys than yourself.

1. The Incredible Hulk

2. Superman

3. The Atom

4. Thor

5. Spider-Man

6. Wolverine

7. Silver Surfer

8. Sentry

9. Green lantern

10. Black Bolt

And there you have it. Now I know the Superman fanboys are going to get all up in arms that I have the Hulk ahead of him, but after all, these P4P lists are just our opinions anyways :)

Cruz' date=' aldo, and jones do not deserve to be over Edgar after last night...

Jones hasn't impressed me enough to be top 5... he beat shogun who was on a long lay off (who griffin once beat) and he beat rampage who just got beat by rashad...[/quote']

Im iffy on puttin jones in my top 5... but im high on rampage and jones dominated him so I had to do it. Would you say jones is top 5 if he beats machida? Or does he have to beat rashad too?

1. The Incredible Hulk

2. Superman

3. The Atom

4. Thor

5. Spider-Man

6. Wolverine

7. Silver Surfer

8. Sentry

9. Green lantern

10. Black Bolt

And there you have it. Now I know the Superman fanboys are going to get all up in arms that I have the Hulk ahead of him' date=' but after all, these P4P lists are just our opinions anyways :)[/quote']

Batman p4p king

1. The Incredible Hulk

2. Superman

3. The Atom

4. Thor

5. Spider-Man

6. Wolverine

7. Silver Surfer

8. Sentry

9. Green lantern

10. Black Bolt

And there you have it. Now I know the Superman fanboys are going to get all up in arms that I have the Hulk ahead of him' date=' but after all, these P4P lists are just our opinions anyways :)[/quote']

Thor is EASILY the #1, this is just another Pride hugger blowing up the Hulk

1. Anderson Silva

2A. George St. Pierre

2B. Frankie Edgar

4. Jon Jones

5. Jose Aldo

Honerable Mention: Cain Velasquez and JDS

I have GSP and Frankie tied because George hasn't impressed enough to lock down the #2 spot, but Frankie needs at least one more impressive performance to take the #2 spot outright. Jose Aldo is at 5 because he's looked average in his last two fights.

1. Anderson Silva

2. Georges St. Pierre

3. Frankie Edgar

4. Jon Fitch

5. Dominick Cruz

6. Jose Aldo

7. Cain Velasquez

8. Jon Jones

9. BJ Penn

10. Junior Dos Santos

Anderson Silva is number one, and there's no contesting that. Same with GSP being number two, I think Dana overstepped his bounds by saying Edgar was number two... BUT, that being said, I consider Frankie Edgar number three... He improves every time we see him, and he does just a little bit more than you expect every time he fights.

Jon Fitch is at four because he has been equally dominant over the Welterweight Division minus the fact that Fitch has lost to Georges St. Pierre. I put Cruz at number 5 because he is more dominant than Jose Aldo, and has quite a lot more pure skill, but Aldo is just barely behind him.

Velasquez gets number seven. He put together quite a win streak including his wins over Big Nog and Brock Lesnar... With ease, I might add. Eight is Jon Jones. He doesn't deserve to be as high as people are putting him since his only reputable victories are wins over Shogun and Rampage. A win over Machida would plummit him up though, IMO.

Nine is BJ Penn... I have a feeling people are gonna hate me for that one, but to be honest, his only losses as of late are to P4P fighters number 2 and 3, and he tied with the number 4. He has embarrassed most of his opponents otherwise, and is one of the most feared people in the cage.

Junior Dos Santos is number 10... My bias wanted to put him above Velasquez but you gotta beat him first to become P4P higher. I think he will win, then we will talk about where he stands. He has dominated everyone at everything, in my opinion, moreso than Velasquez... But I won't put him higher yet. He deserves P4P recognition.

Honorable mentions: Mauricio Rua, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans

1. Anderson Silva

2. Georges St. Pierre

3. Frankie Edgar

4. Jon Fitch

5. Dominick Cruz

6. Jose Aldo

7. Cain Velasquez

8. Jon Jones

9. BJ Penn

10. Junior Dos Santos

Anderson Silva is number one' date=' and there's no contesting that. Same with GSP being number two, I think Dana overstepped his bounds by saying Edgar was number two... BUT, that being said, I consider Frankie Edgar number three... He improves every time we see him, and he does just a little bit more than you expect every time he fights.

Jon Fitch is at four because he has been equally dominant over the Welterweight Division minus the fact that Fitch has lost to Georges St. Pierre.[b'] I put Cruz at number 5 because he is more dominant than Jose Aldo, and has quite a lot more pure skill, but Aldo is just barely behind him.[/b]

Velasquez gets number seven. He put together quite a win streak including his wins over Big Nog and Brock Lesnar... With ease, I might add. Eight is Jon Jones. He doesn't deserve to be as high as people are putting him since his only reputable victories are wins over Shogun and Rampage. A win over Machida would plummit him up though, IMO.

Nine is BJ Penn... I have a feeling people are gonna hate me for that one, but to be honest, his only losses as of late are to P4P fighters number 2 and 3, and he tied with the number 4. He has embarrassed most of his opponents otherwise, and is one of the most feared people in the cage.

Junior Dos Santos is number 10... My bias wanted to put him above Velasquez but you gotta beat him first to become P4P higher. I think he will win, then we will talk about where he stands. He has dominated everyone at everything, in my opinion, moreso than Velasquez... But I won't put him higher yet. He deserves P4P recognition.

Honorable mentions: Mauricio Rua, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans

i completely disagree with having Cruz above Aldo and here is why Aldo destroyed Faber all 5 rounds and Cruz has a loss to Faber and barely beat him in there rematch, and Jose has been fighting better competition than Cruz.

1. Anderson Silva

2. Georges St. Pierre

3. Frankie Edgar

4. Jon Fitch

5. Dominick Cruz

6. Jose Aldo

7. Cain Velasquez

8. Jon Jones

9. BJ Penn

10. Junior Dos Santos

Anderson Silva is number one' date=' and there's no contesting that. Same with GSP being number two, I think Dana overstepped his bounds by saying Edgar was number two... BUT, that being said, I consider Frankie Edgar number three... He improves every time we see him, and he does just a little bit more than you expect every time he fights.

Jon Fitch is at four because he has been equally dominant over the Welterweight Division minus the fact that Fitch has lost to Georges St. Pierre. I put Cruz at number 5 because he is more dominant than Jose Aldo, and has quite a lot more pure skill, but Aldo is just barely behind him.

Honorable mentions: Mauricio Rua, Chael Sonnen, Rashad Evans[/quote']

fitch just drawed penn, a good fighter but never the less.... a natural lightweight

imo penn deserves to be in their over fitch... just not number 4...

My P4P Rankings

1. Anderson Silva

2. Georges St-Pierre

3. Frankie Edgar

4. Dominick Cruz

5. Jon Fitch

6. Rashad Evans

7. Cain Velasquez

8. Eddie Alvarez

9. Jon Jones

10. BJ Penn

so you have Alvarez on there who lost to Aoki but yet Melendez beat Aoki and doesnt make your list? And BJ and Fitch had a draw so no way Fitch should be so far ahead, and Aldo crushed Faber 5 rounds and Cruz won a very close decision and was dropped nearly every round and yet Jose isn't on there, very bad list in my opinion bro.

1. Anderson - has fought in 2 weight classes while in the UFC. Dominates MW, definate top 6 in LHW.

2. GSP - had a hard time putting him here since he is soo much bigger than anyone in the division. However he does get Ws regardless of how boring they may be now. Needs to test MW IMO to really solidify the ranking.

3. Frankie - fights guys mostly bigger has a good record in probably most stacked division in UFC. also gets better with each fight.

4. Aldo - clearly head and shoulders above everyone @ 145. might be getting too big for his division tho. if he moves up we'll see where he stands.

5. BJ - clearly top 5 in LW if he chooses to drop down and a probable top 5 guy @ WW where he fights much bigger guys.

6. Hendo - ^ same as BJ mostly except harder to gauge where he stands in each division.

7. Cain - average to small HW who is extremely skilled. right now on top of the division.

8. Jones - I am NOT saying Hendo is better than Jones. but being that much bigger than anyone else in the division does take away from being P4P.

9. JDS - same as Cain except he is the top contender right now.

10. Sonnen - like him or not the guy is probably the worst match up for anyone at MW. grinding pace and dominant wrestling.

I think everyone is rating Edgar too high' date=' based mainly on his heart. I would look at how much fighters DOMINATE their opposition.

Silva

GSP

Jones

Aldo

Cain

JDS

Melendez

Cruz

Edgar

Diaz[/quote']

this list blows tbh

I love how you say you think people are rating edgar to high and u put jones #3 lmfao

Edgar got beat up twice in a row' date=' until his opponent was gassed. Jones just dominates his opponents. For some reason, the people on this forum don't like defense.[/quote']

then neither jones or edgar should be number 3.... Cruz/aldo are waayyyy more deserving.

i completely disagree with having Cruz above Aldo and here is why Aldo destroyed Faber all 5 rounds and Cruz has a loss to Faber and barely beat him in there rematch' date=' and Jose has been fighting better competition than Cruz.[/quote']

I did say barely... And apparently my edit didn't save, but I added that they're practically interchangeable.

fitch just drawed penn' date=' a good fighter but never the less.... a natural lightweight

imo penn deserves to be in their over fitch... just not number 4...[/quote']

Haha Um... No...

Archived