Lightweights that you think could beat Frankie Edgar.

Mr_Know_it_all

who knows, Frankiwe has shown hes an incredibly durable fighter. So who the hell knows, Melvin lost tonight, so hes just been dropped for th etitle picture now. It would be sht if Melvin got a title shot now, he just lost, BAD.

Im a massive Melvin fan BTW.

But its going o take a tough fighter and incredibly skilled one to beat Frankie after what we saw yesterday.

After seeing jo lauzon stagger melvin it should be noted that anyone can connect just right on anyone

Sometimes edgar is to jump with his movement and thats how he keeps getting tagged

My list in order of treats not skill

El nino

Melvin

Bendo

maynard (have to see where his head is at after getting tkoed first)

Eddie

Some ppl think siver....i dont think hes no bigger treat then any other joe cuz siver has power but hes to slow with his striking for frankie...he would have to hope for frankie to make a mistake first

Here's my list:

Gilbert Melendez

Ben Henderson

Eddie Alvarez

Melvin Guillard(Yes I know he lost last night' date=' it was a fluke)

Dennis Siver

People who can make 155 and beat him.

Diego Sanchez @ 155

Nate Diaz @ 155

Jose Aldo @ 155[/quote']

My list:

Gilbert Melendez

Ben Henderson

Nate Diaz @155

Jose Aldo @155

Here's my list:

Gilbert Melendez

Ben Henderson

Eddie Alvarez

Dennis Siver

Diego Sanchez @ 155

Nate Diaz @ 155

Jose Aldo @ 155[/quote']

Gilbert Melendez is sooooooo overated, name someone impressive he beat handedly. He went to a split with Guida and lost to JOSH THOMPSON... he's been fighting terrible fighters, he's good, but not great at all. He struggles with bad fighters but pulls off the win and did you see the Aoki fight, (Aoki may be the most, overrated fighter/ no stand up at all, NONE, just amazing BJJ) GM has the Jack Shields syndrom... he's so good against nobodies he must be one of the best...

Here's my list:

Gilbert Melendez

Ben Henderson

Eddie Alvarez

Dennis Siver

Diego Sanchez @ 155

Nate Diaz @ 155

Jose Aldo @ 155[/quote']

Diaz, Guillard, Siver, & Alvarez wouldn't have a chance in hell, imho.

Sanchez, Melendez, & Henderson would be great fights, but they would fall short too I think.

My list would include Aldo or Florian, and that's about it. That said, I would put my money on Frankie in those fights as well.

BJ if he ever cares to drop down and really trains for a fight I still think could beat Edgar but IDK his style might just be made for BJ...

Bendo I think could be able to beat Frankie if he continues to improve. He looked great against Miller and I think Guida moves about as much as Frankie (not as well but as much) and it is a good fight for a possible title shot.

I would have said Pettis but his last couple of fights are making me question how much he can really improve to hang with the top of the LW division. He is still young and can really grow into a much better fighter it just depends on how he grows.

Frankie has improved more and more with each fight since getting the chance at BJ. Beating the LW GOAT made his confidence soar and I think he feels that he can beat anyone if he keeps training to get better so we'll see.

This may not be too popular, but I'll say Nate Diaz. He would have a nice reach advantage, crisp boxing and is great off his back. Edgar is not even close to the size of the last 2 guys that threw Diaz around therefore Edgar can take him down, but he isn't as big as Kim and Rory

Taylor made FOTN.

Frankie can be beaten just like any other champ..

But he has proven a few interesting things:

1. He is incredible at stopping takedowns and neutralizing wrestlers and BJJ artists...

2. He can take a punch, but is not impossible to hit.. And when a punch lands he gets rocked easilly, even if he recovers extremly fast..

So who will beat him?

A striker...

A striker with good head movement, fast strikes and the power and brain to not punch himself out..

But he also needs to have excelent TDs so that Frankie cannot only focus on the striking (cause then he will just run around doing nothing)..

Who fits this description?

Jose Aldo

Also, BJ Penn before he got lazy would probably do better against Edgar that he did in his last two fights with him..

Here's my list:

Gilbert Melendez

Ben Henderson

Eddie Alvarez

Melvin Guillard(Yes I know he lost last night' date=' it was a fluke)[/b']

Dennis Siver

Diego Sanchez @ 155

Nate Diaz @ 155

Jose Aldo @ 155

it wasnt a fluke. Guillard hits hard, but he cant take a punch. that shot that Lauzon dropped him with was just a paw.

Cerrone would wind up like a deer in headlights.

Dont like Aldo but he definitely has the right attributes (other than stamina??)

BW - Bowles' date=' Pickett[/b']

FW - Ken-Flo, Hominick

LW - Cerrone, Edgar, J-Lau

WW - BJ Penn, Sanchez, Matt Serra

MW - Maia, Anderson Silva, Bisping

LHW - Machida, Rua

HW - Mir, Mitrione, Velasquez

in bold is where you fail. which is often

Florian's semi-successful GSPing of Aldo proves beyond the shadow of a doubt Frankie would ruin him... Nate Diaz? You have to be joking... Sanchez??? Edgar is like a faster stronger version of Sanchez' date=' it'd be like Forrest vs. Franklin.[/quote']

9302011_lolguy.png

you've got to be kidding me. huggers gonna hug :rolleyes:

Archived