Kenny didn't do enough to take the belt.

jamamaw

aldo is overrated he barely got through kenny ..

yeah, but Kenny is underrated. Barely getting through a guy that has only lost to champions and once to a top contender, while literally dominating EVERYBODY else, is not something to be ashamed of.

i dont know what kenny's camp is thinking sometimes really, aldo has shown excellent TDD and wrestling is clearly florian's lesser aspects as a fighter, yet his camp automatically thinks for his big fights "yea im sure attempting takedowns should win, LIKE IT DIDN'T FOR ANY OF KENNY'S OTHER FIGHTS"

Kenny started training with GSP so now he thinks to be a champ you have to hold guys in one spot to keep them from actually fighting you. Aldo saw the Penn fight im sure he knew what Kennys plan was he looked pretty prepaired for it. The only way you could possibly give Kenny any rounds is by saying he held Aldo against the cage for the majority of the round. Think about this for one second if a guy holds someone up against a cage for part of the round and goes for multiple takedown attempts and fails who is controlling the fight? Aldo wanted the fight on the feet every round and he kept it there. Aldo is the only one that did anything on the ground and he is the only one that landed soild power shots and caused any damage. Kenny will never be champ in any weight class. He was no closer against Aldo then he was against Penn

As someone else recently said, Florian didn't do enough to win and Aldo did just enough not to lose. I was really disappointed in their fight and had hoped for much more. Aldo just doesn't seem like the juggernaught he was in WEC. His wins over Hominick and Florian were lackluster, and I think it will give confidence to future contenders. While there's no doubt that he is one of the absolute best in the lighter divisions, I think a powerhouse wrestler with decent boxing (and avoidance/checking of leg kicks) could grind him out for a win.

Archived