Sign in to follow this  
iFUNK

Is Lauzon underrated or untested? Where does he rank?

1. Edgar

2. Maynard

3. Guida

4. Bendo

5. Pettis

6. Miller

7. Siver

8. Tibau

9. Dos Anjos

10. Lauzon

Not very high, but then again, I didn't think Guillard was all that good either.

ive always liked joe lauzon but his only problem is he tries to go out and dominate the guy in the first round, in doing so he gasses after halfway through the second. Its enertaining as hell but not effective towards the top echelon of the divsion.

he was the most down to earth guy on TUF 5, and that was my fav season, just saying.

he gets his cardio down hes a force, or just paced himself alil i think hed do great.

1. Edgar

2. Maynard

3. Guida

4. Bendo

5. Pettis

6. Miller

7. Siver

8. Tibau

9. Dos Anjos

10. Lauzon

Not very high' date=' but then again, I didn't think Guillard was all that good either.[/quote']

Dos Anjos and Tibau dont deserve to be ranked higher than Nate Diaz imo.

I respect Lauzons performance and loved how he didn't rush the choke but took the time to sink in his legs first. That said I do feel the win was opportunistic and not very representative of the balance of power between Lauzon and Guillard imo. Guillard pretty much overpowered Lauzon in the stand up until he got caught.

I respect Lauzons performance and loved how he didn't rush the choke but took the time to sink in his legs first. That said I do feel the win was opportunistic and not very representative of the balance of power between Lauzon and Guillard imo. Guillard pretty much overpowered Lauzon in the stand up until he got caught.

He landed like one punch and a body kick. Joe landed a clean right hand first puch of the fight then hurt him with one of the next punches he threw. I dont see how you could say Melvin overpowered him in the stand up.

He landed like one punch and a body kick. Joe landed a clean right hand first puch of the fight then hurt him with one of the next punches he threw. I dont see how you could say Melvin overpowered him in the stand up.

ya joe looked really crisp and focused. melvin was counting on his speed and power too much. i think melvins ADHD was kickin in!! he was why to hyped and not taking it seriously

ya joe looked really crisp and focused. melvin was counting on his speed and power too much. i think melvins ADHD was kickin in!! he was why to hyped and not taking it seriously

Yea all that jumping around and singing before the fight started you could tell he was looking past Joe. Joe looks like a punk nerdy little white kid but he dont **** around he takes his fights serious and he brings it. Always be a fan of guys like Lauzon. No love lost for Melvin either though both these guys fight like hell.

Melvin clearly underestimated Joe. If he had come in the fight humble and composed 9 out of 10 times I say Melvin wins that fight. Melvin had already drew blood and Joes first shot wasnt nearly as clean as his second which Melvin walked into. That being said this is by far the best win of Joe's career to this point. Hope he keeps it up by continuing to knock off top talent instead of just those he is supposed to beat. I wouldn't put him in top ten just yet. I believe Dunham, Sherk (if he ever returns), Diaz and Florian if he returns should all be ahead of him. Not sure about Dos Anjos being ahead of him....let's not forget George Sot. has a win over Joe also.