why do

Gabri1985

Guys get so much hype without beating anyone of real note? for me before your even in the title picture you have to of beaten at least 1 guy in the top ten.

You have guys like Guillard and Sotiropoulos both were getting big hype without imo beating a solid top ten guy Guillards best win was against Dunham a guy i woud have just outside the top ten and G-Sot's was prob against Daddy who was well on his way down.

usually that's how it works, big win streak to get some hype, then a no.1 contender fight against a legit guy in the top 5/10.

I think this time it was just a matter of timing. There wasn't any other clear no.1 contender and Bendo / Guida isn't for a month, not to mention that Guillard vs Edgar would have been interesting to see how Frankie deals with Guillard's power and speed in his strikes.

Unfortunately for Guillard he got owned :D

I don't really like Guillard but this makes me sad because I think him and Edgar would of been and exciting fight. Off subject for a minute but I just realized how Guillard and Vitor are a lot alike. Anyway yeah if Guillard hurt Edgar the way Maynard did I think he'd jump on him and finish.

usually that's how it works' date=' big win streak to get some hype, [b']then a no.1 contender fight against a legit guy in the top 5/10[/b].

I think this time it was just a matter of timing. There wasn't any other clear no.1 contender and Bendo / Guida isn't for a month, not to mention that Guillard vs Edgar would have been interesting to see how Frankie deals with Guillard's power and speed in his strikes.

Unfortunately for Guillard he got owned :D

The funny thing is that Louzon isn't a top ten guy himself (or at least wasn't before this fight). People were saying that if Melvin would have won, he should get a title shot. For what! Beating a bunch of cans and 1 legit guy.

If the hype was justified it wouldnt be hype they would be legit contenders. Hype happens when someone breaks into the spotlight it really has nothing to do with their place in the rankings

What rankings? Do you mean the rankings in Joe Silva's head? This is the biggest problem with the UFC. It's why us fans are left scratching our heads with these match ups more often then not.

The train never stops at the top. The hype train goes in circles in the middle and lower teirs of all the divisions. The UFC makes cards with 1 maybe 2 marquee match ups. The rest of the card is filled with guys the UFC and media(including fans) hype up to be possible future champs. The UFC should give us 5 or 6 block buster PPVs a year' date=' filled with great fights people really want to see and [b']are worth paying to see[/b]. Then put all the up and comers "hype train fights" on free network TV.

The only way to get rid of these stupid hype trains is to have visable rankings. Having visable rakings means you can't maufacture hype. Of course the UFC won't do this because they make millions on these fight cards full of these hype train fights. These tactics are no different then the tactics being used in the WWE. Dana and crew say that they are building a sport that will be viewed and accepted in all countries. This will never happen, and will always be looked at as a spectacle, if they continue to keep us all in the dark with the rankings.

What rankings? Do you mean the rankings in Joe Silva's head? This is the biggest problem with the UFC. It's why us fans are left scratching our heads with these match ups more often then not.

The train never stops at the top. The hype train goes in circles in the middle and lower teirs of all the divisions. The UFC makes cards with 1 maybe 2 marquee match ups. The rest of the card is filled with guys the UFC and media(including fans) hype up to be possible future champs. The UFC should give us 5 or 6 block buster PPVs a year' date=' filled with great fights people really want to see and [b']are worth paying to see[/b]. Then put all the up and comers "hype train fights" on free network TV.

The only way to get rid of these stupid hype trains is to have visable rankings. Having visable rakings means you can't maufacture hype. Of course the UFC won't do this because they make millions on these fight cards full of these hype train fights. These tactics are no different then the tactics being used in the WWE. Dana and crew say that they are building a sport that will be viewed and accepted in all countries. This will never happen, and will always be looked at as a spectacle, if they continue to keep us all in the dark with the rankings.

Is that true? There are no "official" rankings?

Archived