Anyone else fed up of religious threads?

LegoPig

I know they have calmed down over the last few days but people seemed to have cottoned on all they need to do to get a thread to have loads of views and to start a flame war between people is put God in the title. Or make some stupid outlandish statement deliberately trying to rile people up. it works every time. And most of the time the thread starter just sits back and watches as people get more and more heated and in some cases banned.

I would like it is there were a new rule where religious threads were banned from this forum. I knew they were at one point before because I was just reading through kevbos old threads and there is one where G_row stated that there would be no more. but that was over a year ago and it seems like they are back en vogue.

It's sad that a topic as universal and in depth as spirituality is, typically becomes reduced to flames and empty bigotry from all sides. It's perfectly possible to carry out lively and engaging discussions on the topic with those that have starkly differing views, and yet we as a forum community have shown repeatedly that either we are incapable or unwilling to do so. I for one am never for the stifling of any conversation, although given it's tumultuous history here, I wouldn't be shocked or outraged to have a policy enacted banning it here.

I have always tried to remain civil while discussing this, but perhaps I am as much to blame as anyone for my continued involvement in this ongoing debate.

Well I will say out of everyone else's posts on the subject I find the yours to be the most objective and calm. I do not always agree with what you say, but I could never say you add oil to the fire. Regardless of what you may think of me and my threads and posts and my ever changing moods you are probably the only person on this board that I always find fascinating and 9 times out of 10 usually agree with. Even when we have opposing views I never get mad at you. You have a certain knack of getting your point across without upsetting others and I don't think I have ever seen you appear mad at anyone either.

Just a pity there aren't more posters like you on these boards.

Archived