sonnen will destroy silva in their second meeting

Big_Roy_Fan

he looked good as hell against stann saturday and all i can say is that if he shows up to the silva fight like that silva is not making it out of round 3..

sonnen looked much improved with his transitions from back to mount and he had much improved submission defence, it was so much improved that his opponent (stann) was not able to pull off any submission attempts...

if silva and sonnen meet on superbowl weekend i predict sonnen running in with a takedown instantly then going straight into side control where he will dominate silva for the remainder of round 1 with ground and pound.. this will happen in round 2 and most of 3 until sonnen locks up an arm triangle, forcing silva to go to sleep as he refuses to tap..

long story short.. sonnen will be champ this time

he looked good as hell against stann saturday and all i can say is that if he shows up to the silva fight like that silva is not making it out of round 3..

sonnen looked much improved with his transitions from back to mount and he had much improved submission defence' date=' it was so much improved that his opponent (stann) was not able to pull off any submission attempts...

if silva and sonnen meet on superbowl weekend i predict sonnen running in with a takedown instantly then going straight into side control where he will dominate silva for the remainder of round 1 with ground and pound.. this will happen in round 2 and most of 3 until sonnen locks up an arm triangle, forcing silva to go to sleep as he refuses to tap..

long story short.. sonnen will be champ this time[/quote']

So Chael beats Stann who has no ground game whatsoever and all of a sudden he will destroy Silva? wow lol. Sonnen looked good because Stann sucks at the ground game. Its amazing how you fanboys are. Sonnen had Silva in his back I dont know how many times in the first fight, Sonnem hit Silva in the face i dont know how many times and he still wasnt able to submit Silva or TKO him. What makes you think that he will be able to beat him this time?

Sonnen gave Silva everything he had on their first fight and still lost. I dont see anything changing in their second fight.

So Chael beats Stann who has no ground game whatsoever and all of a sudden he will destroy Silva? wow lol. Sonnen looked good because Stann sucks at the ground game. Its amazing how you fanboys are. Sonnen had Silva in his back I dont know how many times in the first fight' date=' Sonnem hit Silva in the face i dont know how many times and he still wasnt able to submit Silva or TKO him. What makes you think that he will be able to beat him this time?

Sonnen gave Silva everything he had on their first fight and still lost. I dont see anything changing in their second fight.[/quote']

stann submitted mike massenzio (a black belt in BJJ) with a triangle and chael doesnt have a belt in JJ yet he still outclassed stann

roy is again incorrect.

Sonnen will get front kicked into unconsciousness if not something worse

you saw what he did against stann, soon as they touched gloves he charged for a takedown,

silva would not have time to execute a front kick this time, as he would be on his back getting elbowed punched and hammerfisted til he quits in the late 3rd or early 4th and gets arm triangle'd

but hey, you can think what you want, you saw their first meeting

Is it just me or is Silva's BJJ not all that hot? I mean it's there but in contrast to his stand up game, his ground game is very standard and not exceptional. He wastes way too much time in guard and doesn't work very much. The only thing I can say about that is maybe he likes to do quick burst transitions/submissions rather than constant (and tiring) work. Again I'm not trying to say he's bad on the ground, just really not up to par with a lot of other fighters in ground work, which is surprising considering his build and frame, he should be able to really outwork and control his opponents like Charles Oliviera and George Sotiropolos do with their similar frames.

Archived