Ross Pearson's Cut To Featherweight Going Well

MMAUnltd

"The Real Deal" is doing his test cut to the featherweight division following the (very close) loss to Edson Barboza last time out.

Looks like he is going to be able to do it, and he's en route to making it sometime soon. Would be cool to see him at 145lbs, some great fights there. Well, there is at 155lbs but he'll have a good frame for feather.

"The attempt at 145lbs is going good. I started at 176lbs (80kg) and now I'm standing at 169lbs (76kg). I want to be at 164lbs (74kg) next week."

When asked about whether the weight cut has affected his strength, he replied, "no not at all, I still feel strong," as he continues to train at Salford Muay Thai and with his Rough House team mates in Nottingham.

Source:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/1735/ross-pearsons-cut-to-featherweight-going-well.htm

"The Real Deal" is doing his test cut to the featherweight division following the (very close) loss to Edson Barboza last time out.

Looks like he is going to be able to do it' date=' and he's en route to making it sometime soon. Would be cool to see him at 145lbs, some great fights there. Well, there is at 155lbs but he'll have a good frame for feather.

Source:

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/1735/ross-pearsons-cut-to-featherweight-going-well.htm[/quote']

He is going to be an absolute tank of a 145er

Sounds like a great idea but that is a big weight cut. He will be a beast at 145 if he can keep his strength and condtitioning.

I don't think it's actually out of the ordinary. I know a few featherweights that can be up at 80kg before dieting and cutting. I myself cut from 72kg in 5 days, and diet from about 75kg.

Archived