The questions of the Welterweight division?

Me_Against_The_World

Where does BJ Penn go if he beats Diaz? Lets be honest he's 1-0-1 in the division and he has 2 losses to the champion as it is. He's 1-2-1 in his last 4 fights, a win over Diaz does not earn him a title shot. So let me ask you where does he go?

Where is Jake Ellenberger heading? I think it's understood Ellenberger needs 1 more big win, he's on a 5 fight winstreak with 4 knockouts and a pretty sick record with a lot of experience, very well rounded "juggernaut" of a welterweight. What's next for Ellenberger?

Where is Anthony Johnson to go? Okay guys, I'm going to be flat out honest he isn't the best striker in the division by any means whatsoever, people who act like he is and act like knocking out Brennaman validates all the hype he had lost is riduclous. He's 27 with a record of 10-3 and has faced only one great opponent in Koscheck who outstruck the "Knockout Artist". Though, I am always excited to see Rumble fight, one of my favorite welterweights. Kind of weird, where does he fit in? Where does he deserve to fit in? and who do you see him facing?

Rory MacDonald, he will be fighting Brian Ebersole and I think most have written off Ebersole, I am one of them sadly. Where do you see him going from a win over Ebersole? Where will he be in the division, 3-4 fights away from a title shot? Who do you think he should face? I really am DYING to see him matched up with Anthony Johnson, that fight oddly intrigues me so much.

Jon Fitch, where will he go after a win over Johny Hendricks? Hendricks is 10-1 and his loss to Story was ARGUABLE. Lets say Jon Fitch finishes ( I know, impossible but lets say ) where does he go? I still think he'd need 1 more big win the division, that draw against BJ set him back more than just 1 win in the division and a title shot. But who? Do you see him ever getting a title shot even?

My questions on the division, do you have any and what do you think of what I've said and asked?

Whoever wins the Diaz - BJ fight will get the title shot.

Diaz - Because he should have had it already.

Bj - Because he's a big name, won't matter he's only got 1 win (looks a Florian)

Rumble could maybe get into title contention, but only by taking the Hardy root (beating **** opponents). Mainly because of the size advantage (imagine Penn vs Rumbe lol). But I suspect any of the better WW could survive the 1st round onslaught and take him on in the 2nd or 3rd.

I think the UFC like Ebersole, if he wins his next fight and maybe one more he could get a shot.

no one wants to see bj penn fight edgar or gsp again so I don't know what is in store for him

fitch is not going to get a top contendor spot until he finishes someone and proves he can sell ppv's

anthony johnson and rory mcdonald have a long ladder to climb.

I agree with all of this, though Rory and Anthony are buoyant with hype so they may get shorter ladders because of it.

I'm about competition and deserving before money and excitement. Though like I had said Fitch hasn't performed awfully well let alone against anyone of much note for a while. If he finishes Hendricks and shocks Dana and the gang, I think they will give him an elite at 170 for a number 1 contenders fight and I think he will still complain because he feels he deserves which he should shut up, that only hurts him I'd assume.

I agree with the BJ statement 100%, he has no business fighting GSP or Edgar anytime soon, so then who? For some reason he's ranked extremely high in the division which he shouldn't be after 1-0-1 no matter against who really.

Whoever wins the Diaz - BJ fight will get the title shot.

Diaz - Because he should have had it already.

Bj - Because he's a big name' date=' won't matter he's only got 1 win (looks a Florian)

Rumble could maybe get into title contention, but only by taking the Hardy root (beating **** opponents). Mainly because of the size advantage (imagine Penn vs Rumbe lol). But I suspect any of the better WW could survive the 1st round onslaught and take him on in the 2nd or 3rd.

I think the UFC like Ebersole, if he wins his next fight and maybe one more he could get a shot.[/quote']

BJ Penn won't get a title shot if he beats Nick, because Nick didn't really deserve it in the first place just acting like a clown got him it. BJ Penn needs 2 more wins atleast before I'd agree, one at the very least. I even think GSP would say something to stop it from happening.

Rumble needs 3-4 more wins, to prove he has got it together. In the last 3 years he's only been impressive against terrible opponents they feed him to hype him and he still can't put together a streak. 3-4 big wins too, not spooning wrestling victories.

Ebersole isn't getting a shot if he beats Rory in 1 or 2 more fights ahahah, Ebersole said he wants to finish his contract with the UFC fighting seasoned guys before he is even talked about in the contenders picture. If he somehow beats Rory, he'd need 3 wins I'd say and still don't think it possible for Ebersole to get that far. I'd like to see guys start to earn title shots, I can't stand this.

BJ Penn won't get a title shot if he beats Nick' date=' because Nick didn't really deserve it in the first place just acting like a clown got him it. BJ Penn needs 2 more wins atleast before I'd agree, one at the very least. I even think GSP would say something to stop it from happening.

Rumble needs 3-4 more wins, to prove he has got it together. In the last 3 years he's only been impressive against terrible opponents they feed him to hype him and he still can't put together a streak. 3-4 big wins too, not spooning wrestling victories.

Ebersole isn't getting a shot if he beats Rory in 1 or 2 more fights ahahah, Ebersole said he wants to finish his contract with the UFC fighting seasoned guys before he is even talked about in the contenders picture. If he somehow beats Rory, he'd need 3 wins I'd say and still don't think it possible for Ebersole to get that far. I'd like to see guys start to earn title shots, I can't stand this.[/quote']

You need to take a look at the WW rankings.

If GSP beats Condit he'll have taken out pretty much all of the top ten (except Ellenberger).

If any of those buy's can beat another 1 maybe 2 top ten fights they'll get a shot, mainly because there's nobody else to fight.

You need to take a look at the WW rankings.

If GSP beats Condit he'll have taken out pretty much all of the top ten (except Ellenberger).

If any of those buy's can beat another 1 maybe 2 top ten fights they'll get a shot' date=' mainly because there's nobody else to fight.[/quote']

Well then I hope the right guys fall in line for a title shot.

Nick can beat BJ Penn, he can even finish BJ Penn ( I have BJ Penn winning ).

GSP vs Nick

Ellenberger is facing Diego Sanchez, hopefully the winner faces the winner of Kampmann and Story, I want to see Ellenberger vs Story 2.

GSP vs Ellenberger/Story

Rory MacDonald, I see him finishing Ebersole that'd be 3 dominant performances and I'd say 1-2 fights away from a title shot, I say give him the loser of Nick Diaz and BJ Penn, then someone Like Koscheck/Ellenberger/Story/Rumble.

GSP vs Rory MacDonald

Anthony Johnson, should face someone like Paulo Thiago, Erik Silva, they need to get him in there right away, he seems so inactive and he needs to get a streak going. From there, hopefully he faces John Hathaway or someone like that and then Jon Fitch I'd say.

GSP vs Rumble

This in my opinion is the best possible outcome for the UFC WW division over the next 2 years, likely or not.

Rumble, Ellenberger, Rory, Nick are really the guys GSP needs to face.

Well then I hope the right guys fall in line for a title shot.

Nick can beat BJ Penn' date=' he can even finish BJ Penn ( I have BJ Penn winning ).

GSP vs Nick

Ellenberger is facing Diego Sanchez, hopefully the winner faces the winner of Kampmann and Story, I want to see Ellenberger vs Story 2.

GSP vs Ellenberger/Story

Rory MacDonald, I see him finishing Ebersole that'd be 3 dominant performances and I'd say 1-2 fights away from a title shot, I say give him the loser of Nick Diaz and BJ Penn, then someone Like Koscheck/Ellenberger/Story/Rumble.

GSP vs Rory MacDonald

Anthony Johnson, should face someone like Paulo Thiago, Erik Silva, they need to get him in there right away, he seems so inactive and he needs to get a streak going. From there, hopefully he faces John Hathaway or someone like that and then Jon Fitch I'd say.

GSP vs Rumble

This in my opinion is the best possible outcome for the UFC WW division over the next 2 years, likely or not.

Rumble, Ellenberger, Rory, Nick are really the guys GSP needs to face.[/quote']

Personally, I think Ellenberger/Sanchez should fight the winner of Fitch/ Hendricks for a title shot, and the winner of BJ/Diaz should get the next a title shot. I don't think BJ or Diaz really deserve's the shot, but that's what I think you UFC will do.

Remeber the UFC don't like making title shot rematches if the first fight was a shut out. So the next shot will change depending on who wins between Safe and Condit.

I think Penn should fight Condit whether he wins or loses.. IF condit beats gsp then yeah Penn vs Condit for the title would be awesome.. or even if condit loses I just wanna see Penn vs Condit

Also I really wanna see Diaz vs Sanchez again so i am hopeful..

IF Macdonald gets by Ebersole I would like to see him fight Dong Kim after he destroys Pierson...

I would like to see Rumble get the winner of either the Story/Kampmann or Alves/Abedi fight (Rumble vs Alves is one of my dream fights)

Also I think Koscheck vs Ellenberger would be a barn burner

As for Fitch I really dont know.. he stumps me..

Wat you guys think is next for Paulo Thiago?

I think Penn should fight Condit whether he wins or loses.. IF condit beats gsp then yeah Penn vs Condit for the title would be awesome.. or even if condit loses I just wanna see Penn vs Condit

Also I really wanna see Diaz vs Sanchez again so i am hopeful..

IF Macdonald gets by Ebersole I would like to see him fight Dong Kim after he destroys Pierson...

I would like to see Rumble get the winner of either the Story/Kampmann or Alves/Abedi fight (Rumble vs Alves is one of my dream fights)

Also I think Koscheck vs Ellenberger would be a barn burner

As for Fitch I really dont know.. he stumps me..

Wat you guys think is next for Paulo Thiago?

Paulo Thiago vs Lance Benoist.

Penn - If he wins they I don't want to see him fight GSP or Edgar again. Hopefully they stack him up against Ellenberger. He may be a big name, but I would rather GSP fight someone he hasn't already beaten twice. If Condit wins and Penn wins, then Penn could fight for the title.

Ellenberger - If Penn wins, they should fight. If not, he should fight Fitch if he beats Hendricks. He is finishing fights and I believe if he gets one more win he would deserve the shot.

Johnson - Certainly not the best striker in the divison, but I would probably say the most powerful. His cardio is a question because of his weightcut and his ground game off his back leaves alot to be desired. He needs a few more wins for me, and I would like to see him face someone like the winner of Kampmann/Story.

MacDonald - One for the future for sure, If he gets past the experience of Ebersole then I would like to see him take on a big name fighter, maybe the loser of Diaz/Penn ,a rematch with Condit or Dirty Sanchez.

Fitch - The UFC hate this man. Only one loss in the UFC and that was to GSP, most consider him #2 WW in the world and I think he deserves the title shot already. If Penn wins and so does GSP, then I want to see Fitch get the shot after the fight with Hendricks. If Diaz wins, Diaz should get the shot and Fitch should fight Ellenberger for the shot after that.

Slightly messed up division, but it will all work out eventually.

I like Ebersole, I've seen him live in person twice, but he's nowhere near a title shot or a top contender fight.

GSP if he wins will probably fight Diaz after he wins

GSP when he loses should fight Anthony Johnson

Condit when he wins should fight Diaz after he wins

Condit if he loses should fight Kosheck or Fitch

Diaz when he wins should fight Condit after he beats GSP

Diaz if he loses should fight Koscheck or Fitch

BJ Penn if he wins should fight Condit when he wins

BJ Penn if he loses should fight Koscheck or Rick Story

Rory needs a rematch with Condit.

Call me crazy but I see Rory getting knocked out and Condit dominating until then. I think they need to build Rory, giving him solid competition like Brian Ebersole but letting him build up the experience and giving him good tests before he's tossed into the title picture. I say after Ebersole, John Hathaway would be a great test.

Call me crazy but I see Rory getting knocked out and Condit dominating until then. I think they need to build Rory' date=' giving him solid competition like Brian Ebersole but letting him build up the experience and giving him good tests before he's tossed into the title picture. I say after Ebersole, John Hathaway would be a great test.[/quote']

I never said anything about being tossed into the title picture. I just said he needs a rematch.

I never said anything about being tossed into the title picture. I just said he needs a rematch.

Right, Condit is in the title picture though therefore if they had a rematch it would be in a sense tossing him into the title picture.

I think Condit now vs Rory now, would be very bad for Rory's progression and build up. I think he'd get beatendown and finished. Im aware of how the first fight went too.

Got me?

Right' date=' Condit is in the title picture though therefore if they had a rematch it would be in a sense tossing him into the title picture.

I think Condit now vs Rory now, would be very bad for Rory's progression and build up. I think he'd get beatendown and finished. Im aware of how the first fight went too.

Got me?[/quote']

yeah, I got ya. and appreciate your opinion. but mine is different.

if Condit wins and BJ wins then they fight for title (since that fight was originally supposed to happen it makes sense to me)

if GSP wins and BJ wins I think Fitch gets rematch w/ Penn or Penn gets another top guy.

if BJ were to lose I think the only thing he can do is go down to LW if he really wants to hold gold again before retiring. there are many more possible fights but it all depends on his mental state.

Archived