Dana white - epic fail

Yukabodos

Dana sounded like a fool the other night at the press conference when he said Edgar was #2 P4P. I actually felt bad for Edgar having to answer to that when the press asked him questions.

Edgar is a great fighter and I like to watch him fight. He is entertaining and has tons of heart, but even Frankie knows that Dana was puffing on some vintage Northern Lights #2 that Joe Rogan pulled out of the back of his sock drawer at his moms house.

Frankie is top 5 but not #2. I mean he has only fought a few different quality opponents.

I think Dana has a plan though, so his fail may have been a deliberate fail and have plenty of careful thought behind it:

i.e.

-motivate GSP to actually kick the crap out of someone for a change

-make more money from having more top dogs to promote.

Silva

Jones

GSP

Sonnen

Edgar

The heavy weight division is like a revolving door of Champions and no one really stands out from the pack.

Edgar needs to beat some more quality opponents to move up the list, but who knows Machida could pull out a W and this list would change pretty quickly.

Putting Sonnen above Frankie is idiotic.

Also in terms of P4P, Frankie is fighting much larger opponents while GSP, Silva, and Jones are all very large for their weightclass.

GSP really only has one more quality win than Frankie in Hughes. And as I mention frequently when P4P GSP is brought up, GSP cheated in all of his big fights.

That still doesn't change the fact that Dana was wrong. Frankie beat Gray Maynard, a guy who threw a couple of lucky punches and the did the "safety dance" until he got KTFO. I mean Gray looked like he was directing traffic after the first round.

ALDO would destroy Frankie. Aldo's leg kicks would stop Frankie's ability to move and then he would get caught and KO'ed.

DON'T, DON'T, DON'T DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE (FLAVA FLAVE)

That still doesn't change the fact that Dana was wrong. Frankie beat Gray Maynard' date=' a guy who threw a couple of lucky punches and the did the "safety dance" until he got KTFO. I mean Gray looked like he was directing traffic after the first round.

ALDO would destroy Frankie. Aldo's leg kicks would stop Frankie's ability to move and then he would get caught and KO'ed.

DON'T, DON'T, DON'T DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE (FLAVA FLAVE)[/quote']

If that's the case then how come you have Edgar n.5 and don't even have aldo on the list???????

If that's the case then how come you have Edgar n.5 and don't even have aldo on the list???????

Great observation. Perhaps Aldo should be on the list above Frankie, but given that the list was added to put perspective on where Edgar stacked up in terms of the fighters that Dana discussed at the press conference maybe I should revise it. Oops.

What would I do without you man?

Revised list thanks to uddaside's thoughts:

Silva

Jones

GSP

Sonnen

Aldo

Edgar

Uddaside

Peace

Dana sounded like a fool the other night at the press conference when he said Edgar was #2 P4P. I actually felt bad for Edgar having to answer to that when the press asked him questions.

Edgar is a great fighter and I like to watch him fight. He is entertaining and has tons of heart' date=' but even Frankie knows that[b'] Dana was puffing on some vintage Northern Lights #2 that Joe Rogan pulled out of the back of his sock drawer at his moms house[/b].

Frankie is top 5 but not #2. I mean he has only fought a few different quality opponents.

I think Dana has a plan though, so his fail may have been a deliberate fail and have plenty of careful thought behind it:

i.e.

-motivate GSP to actually kick the crap out of someone for a change

-make more money from having more top dogs to promote.

Silva

Jones

GSP

Sonnen

Edgar

The heavy weight division is like a revolving door of Champions and no one really stands out from the pack.

Edgar needs to beat some more quality opponents to move up the list, but who knows Machida could pull out a W and this list would change pretty quickly.

you just gave me a good idea :P

You have sonnen at n.4? P4p and you think danas a fail? Do you have any idea how dumb you look?

THIS

I thought the ts had a good point.. but WTF sonnen at 4?! P4P for getting sub'ed. This dude aint even a champ, and he roided. Good lord. I'd have every single champ in the UFC in the P4P ahead of him, then others as well who are up there. This is idiotic.

Only a real Sonnen fanboy in denial believes he is p4p...

Maybe he top 100... BUT thats it.:) :)

Sonnen will wipe the smirk off Silva's face for the second time and then his position will be justified. It will just take a few more months of waiting.

You love the guy or love to hate the guy,but you have to say he has the answer that a lot of us have been waiting for.

Silva is the best, but everyone gets a realtity check from time to time.

Carlos is going to give GSP a reality check in a few weeks.

Sonnen will wipe the smirk off Silva's face for the second time and then his position will be justified. It will just take a few more months of waiting.

You love the guy or love to hate the guy' date='but you have to say he has the answer that a lot of us have been waiting for.

Silva is the best, but everyone gets a realtity check from time to time.

Carlos is going to give GSP a reality check in a few weeks.[/quote']

I actually have no real feelings on him. He's not funny, but he's not offensive. He's just there... :confused:

I always thought that P4P meant "if weight was not a factor.." i.e. all things being equal except skills and styles. Like Mayweather/Pacquiao in boxing are much higher ranked than, say, Chris Arreola who would absolutely slaughter the pair of them in a fight (if he could hit them) :)

In that case, Frankie does deserve to be pretty high up on the list. I think Frankie would give most guys absolute fits. His style seems to work against all types of fighter whether they are predominantly stand up guys, ground fighters or a mix of both. Penn and Maynard are substantial names on any list who have both embarrassed many a decent fighter.

Listening to Dana's interpretation of P4P, surely GSP and JBJ must pay the penalty and fall out of the list altogether for having great physical advantages over 'their weightclass'???

Archived