Who is higher on your P4P list, Frankie Edgar or Jose Aldo?

AndersonsFoot

Anderson. :P

I think p4p is dumb anyway.

So if Chael beats Anderson is he #1? Gray nearly beat Frankie 3x is he #2? What if he won the third fight?....

What about if Condit beats GSP is he bumped up to #2?

It never ends and it's really silly if you ask me. I'd rather just hear people say i think this guy is a better fighter end of story.

Personally i think Aldo is a better fighter than Frankie in skillset but there is only one way to find out.

Frankie took 10 rds to convincingly prove he's the champ then after 12 rounds total of fighting with Gray, he finally beat the next guy in line, getting his face beaten into two 10 - 8 rds and possibly losing more rounds total then he won out of the 3 fights.

Aldo knocked out the champ to take the title and then shut out the clear next best guy in the division. Then knocked out another challenger and won 4/5 rounds with the next 2 challengers, he stuffed 80%+ of takedowns and outstruck everyone.

Anderson. :P

I think p4p is dumb anyway.

So if Chael beats Anderson is he #1? Gray nearly beat Frankie 3x is he #2? What if he won the third fight?....

What about if Condit beats GSP is he bumped up to #2?

It never ends and it's really silly if you ask me. I'd rather just hear people say i think this guy is a better fighter end of story.

Personally i think Aldo is a better fighter than Frankie in skillset but there is only one way to find out.

in the so called p4p, Edgar is higher

but if they fight, I'd put my money on Aldo

Frankie.

Small LW, dethroned the LW GOAT, keeps improving, champ in arguably the best division on MMA.

Aldo is getting to big for FW and has looked average since becoming the UFC champ. I had him above Frankie for a long time but he has looked flat in his last couple of fights. Aldo needs to improve or get motivated.

Also I think Frankie would beat him at this moment if they were to fight.. and this is from a big time Aldo fan.

Aldo!

Edgar doesnt dominate his opponents, other than the second BJ fight. Aldo generally does. Frankie can lose to any LW, only a few FW's are a real threat to Aldo. You can make the case, on the other hand, that this is due to the fact that the LW is more stacked than the FW division (and rightly so). One thing's for sure: If Aldo has Frankie hurt like Gray did, he finishes Frankie, no matter how much lionheart he has shown against Maynard. Also, Frankie relies on his speed most of the time. Him standing with Aldo, who is faster and stronger than him, is a recipe for a KO loss for Edgar.

Aldo.

He has actually won all his Championship fights.

Edgar only won 3/4 of them (one of them people argue he lost). He has only fought 2 guys as champion.

Aldo has won 5 championship fights straight.

4 cutrate fighters, and drained ChokeFlo... Seems legit. :rolleyes:

2 of the last 4 fights edgar had he arguably lost.

He only legitly won 3 of them.

How is that an argument when Edgar can come back, against opponents who are also arguably more ready for him only to get their arses handed to them worse?

Plus, Edgar vs. Penn I was a win for Edgar, no doubt about it. Edgar vs. Maynard II was a DRAW.

Edgar has owned better fighters than Aldo, even if it was just two fights..

Aldo owned... Urijah Faber... That guy who lost to Tyson Griffin, that guy who went on a horrible losing streak in the Lightweight division then won a top fight in the Featherweight division.

Jose Aldo seems legit.

I love how the guys at 145 in the WEC are considered to be 2nd rate by many people around here.

WEC had the best fighters below 155 that's why zuffa merged them. Therefore Faber and Brown were the Sherk and Penn of the 145lb division, and Aldo smashed them. Not to mention anybody else thrown at him before he got to the ufc, and once at the ufc he lost 2 rds 10 - 9 and people think that's grounds to rate Frankie better? when frankie has lost rounds recently as well... two of them being 10 - 8s

I love how the guys at 145 in the WEC are considered to be 2nd rate by many people around here.

WEC had the best fighters below 155 that's why zuffa merged them. Therefore Faber and Brown were the Sherk and Penn of the 145lb division' date=' and Aldo smashed them. Not to mention anybody else thrown at him before he got to the ufc, and once at the ufc he lost 2 rds 10 - 9 and people think that's grounds to rate Frankie better? when frankie has lost rounds recently as well... two of them being 10 - 8s[/quote']

No, that's not the grounds.

Aldo should have epicly kicked Florian's ***, and should have finished him, but no, he squeaked away, barely holding on to his title. A guy who got molested by BJ.

How is that an argument when Edgar can come back' date=' against opponents who are also arguably more ready for him only to get their arses handed to them worse?

Plus, Edgar vs. Penn I was a win for Edgar, no doubt about it. Edgar vs. Maynard II was a DRAW.

Edgar has owned better fighters than Aldo, even if it was just two fights..

Aldo owned... Urijah Faber... That guy who lost to Tyson Griffin, that guy who went on a horrible losing streak in the Lightweight division then won a top fight in the Featherweight division.

Jose Aldo seems legit.[/quote']

Edgar did not decisively beat Penn. (hence the rematch). He didn't beat Maynard at all in the first match (could have been scored a TKO or win for Maynard). He shouldn't have been the champion going into UFC 136. Hell, they even went so far as to call that a defense!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he seems legit :rolleyes:.

See, I can do that too.

No' date=' that's not the grounds.

Aldo should have epicly kicked Florian's ***, and should have finished him, but no, he squeaked away, barely holding on to his title. [b']A guy who got molested by BJ[/b].

BJ has better bjj then Aldo no question, which is why his style was able to perform better against Florian... once on the ground! Standing, Penn and Aldo both did about the same job against Florian. If the BJ / florian fight continued to a decision the way it did for the first 3 rds it would have been a similar fight to florian / aldo.

Edgar did not decisively beat Penn. (hence the rematch). He didn't beat Maynard at all in the first match (could have been scored a TKO or win for Maynard). He shouldn't have been the champion going into UFC 136. Hell' date=' they even went so far as to call that a defense!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he seems legit :rolleyes:.

See, I can do that too.[/quote']

Doesn't matter, he beat 2 men who are both better than anyone Aldo has ever faced.

Edgar is unstoppable, unbreakable, untouchable.

BJ has better bjj then Aldo no question' date=' which is why his style was able to perform better against Florian... once on the ground! Standing, Penn and Aldo both did about the same job against Florian. If the BJ / florian fight continued to a decision the way it did for the first 3 rds it would have been a similar fight to florian / aldo.[/quote']

BJ has better everything than Aldo.

Archived