the UFC LHW Division

TheRealist

Everyone has been saying that the UFC LHW division is stacked. Just looked at all the fighters and came to the conclusion that it isnt that stacked at all.

After the Lyoto Machida fight Jones has only Evans and Hendo to deal with. Unless Shogun looks very impressive against Hendo, you can throw him in there also. But after that there is literally no one to challenge Jones outside of possible rematches.

Anyone has a different take on it?

If Thiago Silva comes back with a big win he's right back in the mix.

Phil Davis is still going pretty strong.

Alexander Gustafsson is a very promising up-and-comer, if he has time to develope while Jones fights Machida/Evans/Hendo

Stanislov Nedkov is a wildcard. Undefeated but not much competition so far.

And of course there's Stephan Bonnar, who is going to be wearing that belt within two years.

Bonnar

Brillz

Davis

Evans

Franklin

Grffin

Gustafsonn

Hendo

Rampage

Jon Jones

Kingsbury

Machida

Matyushenko

Lil Nog

Tito

Shogun

Thiago Silva

sosynski

Vera

Maybe its not as many people as the other divisions but they're definitely up there in quality of fighters.

I bolded all the guys who at there best wouldn't have stacked the division. There are still lots of names there. LHW division is stacked, but not as stacked as LW or WW.

I bolded all the guys who at there best wouldn't have stacked the division. There are still lots of names there. LHW division is stacked' date=' but not as stacked as LW or WW.[/quote']

oo i agree that LW and LHW are the most stacked but i think LHW comes 3rd...

Even though the bolded didn't accomplish much theyre still very tough fights you know.

Everyone has been saying that the UFC LHW division is stacked. Just looked at all the fighters and came to the conclusion that it isnt that stacked at all.

After the Lyoto Machida fight Jones has only Evans and Hendo to deal with. Unless Shogun looks very impressive against Hendo' date=' you can throw him in there also. But after that there is literally no one to challenge Jones outside of possible rematches.

Anyone has a different take on it?[/quote']

It is stacked. Everyone is beating each other. The belt get's passed around like candy, just shows how much talent is there.If Jon Jones beats all the top guys, it's just a testament to how good the dude is. But for real, Rich franklin, the 185 pound former champ is just an average at 205, phil davis beats down Brian stann at 205(who was the WEC 205 champ) who's a top contender at 185 now.. w silva leaves the 205 division, belfort leaves.. Not many people want a part of this division, A. Silva doesn't seem that interested either and he'd be guaranteed a title shot.. I mean there are HW's fighting at 205.. Something is up here, more then people understand, this division may not have the most stacked talent (even though i think its the most stacked imo).. But it for sure without a doubt has the legends, the biggest names, and some of the, if not most, exciting fighters.

Bonnar

Brillz

Davis

Evans

Franklin

Grffin

Gustafsonn

Hendo

Rampage

Jon Jones

Kingsbury

Machida

Matyushenko

Lil Nog

Tito

Shogun

Thiago Silva

sosynski

Vera

Maybe its not as many people as the other divisions but they're definitely up there in quality of fighters.

Bader, and Cane?

It is stacked. Everyone is beating each other. The belt get's passed around like candy' date=' just shows how much talent is there.If Jon Jones beats all the top guys, it's just a testament to how good the dude is. But for real, Rich franklin, the 185 pound former champ is just an average at 205, phil davis beats down Brian stann at 205(who was the WEC 205 champ) who's a top contender at 185 now.. w silva leaves the 205 division, belfort leaves.. Not many people want a part of this division, A. Silva doesn't seem that interested either and he'd be guaranteed a title shot.. I mean there are HW's fighting at 205.. Something is up here, more then people understand, this division may not have the most stacked talent (even though i think its the most stacked imo).. But it for sure without a doubt has the legends, the biggest names, and some of the, if not most, exciting fighters.[/quote']

Great post! Divisions always look weak when they have one man dominating the division

Isn't it funny that when one guy dominates people say the rest are cans or the division is weak blah blah blah

+1

As some have said, there are some promising up&comers. Some guys have fallen off a hype train (Vera for example) but are still good fighters that are dangerous. Then you have guys who are fringe contenders that maybe can't put together a run to get the belt themselves, but sure can spoil someone else's run with a big win. (Tito and Matty for example) Then you have someone drop off the map for a year on suspension...

I mean sure, right now there are 5 guys who are definately the top fighters, but there are plenty of game opponents who will do their best to make a fight a W for them and do a good job of it.

Its above avreage its just hard to look past the fact that the top 5 fighters beat on and destroy any young up and comer not named jon jones

griffen

Bonner

Lil nog

Franklink

Bader

Tito

Thiago silva

Brilz

Vladdy

All these guys are below the top 5 guys and have no hope of getting in there....the only ones who have a chance are phil davis and gusto....but i doubt it for both

Archived