What's next for Penn...

TheRealist

When I first heard about this fight I thought Diaz would win too, then I thought, "Hey! Diaz has 4 losses in the UFC already. 2 were previous Penn victims in Sherk, an Sanchez, who are lightweights and wrestlers, and 2 MORE losses to Riggs and Parisyan (who aren't in the UFC anymore) who are wrestlers, grapplers or whatever." I also just happened to watch 'Penn vs Fitch' where Penn landed 2 takedowns (1 each for the beginning rounds) on Fitch a considerably harder fighter to takedown i'd assume. Also he's now training with Matt Hughes who is a good wrestler himself with valuable skills for Penn to use.

So I'm guessing by now your catching my drift, despite Nick's losses being a considerably long time ago it's the same style of fight that gets him every time and the same style of fight you wouldn't find on Diaz's record since 06-08. I believe Penn is going to exploit that in Diaz or at least I personally hope he does.

As far as Chin, and Cardio goes, (Chin) its not uncommon to see Diaz get rocked on several occasion by fighter around Penn's height like Noons, Gomi, Zaromskis (I'm aware Diaz beat these guys. Just sayin...). (Cardio) ...hmmm yea Diaz probably.

Penn via split decision (29?28, 28?29, 29?28), holding on to gatekeeper status, or moving back down too 155 to fight Maynard or something.

Uh Oh! A Personal Opinion is Below You've Been Warned!

I

I

I

I

I

V

All in all I don't think Diaz will beat Penn. He probably wouldn't beat Sanchez, or Sherk(lol) in a rematch, Riggs, Parisyan, or even Fitch for that matter someone who called him out and actually (isn't scarred homie) of fighting Diaz. I've yet to find a viral response from Diaz about Fitch's trash talk. I assumed that when someone disses a 209er they respond as soon as possible unless he's dodging a bullet or something... Sorry.

from aldo maybe' date=' unfortunately i don't see him getting past frankie.

what happened to lightweight?!? at one point penn had that weight class on lockdown, all of a sudden frankie's got the title and there's like 6 guys trying to get a shot[/quote']

I think Penn can do it if he works his BJJ on Edgar.

PS-what happened to your ultimate fight tournament?

I think Penn can do it if he works his BJJ on Edgar.

PS-what happened to your ultimate fight tournament?

he worked his bjj in the later rounds of their second fight, tried to take his back etc, but frankie did a good job of avoiding it, then again BJ was frustrated by that point and possibly a bit gassed.

BTW I'm typing up 3 fights at once, I've just got a bunch of stuff distracting me right now and can't sit down for more then 5 minutes. The threads will be updated by the end of the week, along with the new matchups for the semis

Legit. He's gonna TKO him' date=' I guarantee. It won't be a decision, Penn will molest him, and do so quickly,[/quote']

Yep.

After he disposes of Nick "the hype and go seek" Diaz, what do you think should be next for BJ?

I'd really like to see him fight Melendez @155 than another bout with GSP. I figure none of the other SF champs ended up getting instant title shots, so Gilbert should get a stiff test first too.

Only bad thing there is, if Penn were to beat Gil, then are people wanting to see a 3rd Edgar match? Maybe have Penn fight another top guy first?

No matter what Penn does, if he wins, he's right back against guys who have 2 wins over him :/

If he losses really bad...which i highly doubt....move back down to lw where hes not the lil guys

I see him retiring in 2 years or less and becoming an AMAZING commentater and being a coach for yung up and comers....his state needs another elite coach cuz there is mad talent overthere just not direction

Archived