Ed Soares logic...

dimension33

hmmm remember when he said Chael shouldnt get a rematch because he lost to SIlva...even though he was SIlva's most challenging opponent for alot of reasons...BUT remember Soares had no problem giving marquardt a title shot if he won...the only problem is SIlva already dismantled Marquardt....cant wait for Sonnen to destroy the myth

no fighter hand picks his opponents like Silva. Ducking a 2nd Hendo fight, wouldnt fight belfort for a while. Avoided Sonnen. Eventually it gets done, but not as fast as an undeservering Cote, or sloppy Leites, or reality show contestant, or a rematch against the former champ miss match. Or an undersized one dimensional bjj only fighter.

"oh ill move up to light heavy, if I can find guys who only like to stand and bang, and im faster than...thanks"

Silva is legit...but he also has to maintain an image. Much like Fedor 3 years ago.

I'm not a big A. Silva fan. He deserves a crazy amount of respect, he's an amazing striker, and we're fortunate enough to witness some great fights because of him. However, he is kind of an arrogant tool (not a great reason to hate a fighter), and really needs to work on some things. He's not perfect.

But his manager Ed Soares is another story. That dude annoys the crap out of me. I've had a portugese speaking friend tell me what Silva says and then compare it to what Soares says...Not even close. If I were Anderson, I would find a new manager. If I were Dana, I would hire a translator. A fighters manager should not be the translator.

Addressing the real issue. I don't see how Anderson can get out of this rematch. Chael is clearly the best guy and the only guy to get the next shot. Plus, with all the smack talk Chael has been dishing out, Anderson should want to take this fight asap. But if he really wants to make Chael insane, Anderson should retire before giving Chael the rematch. Now that would be some funny stuff.

no fighter hand picks his opponents like Silva. Ducking a 2nd Hendo fight' date=' wouldnt fight belfort for a while. Avoided Sonnen. Eventually it gets done, but not as fast as an undeservering Cote, or sloppy Leites, or reality show contestant, or a rematch against the former champ miss match. Or an undersized one dimensional bjj only fighter.

"oh ill move up to light heavy, if I can find guys who only like to stand and bang, and im faster than...thanks"

Silva is legit...but he also has to maintain an image. Much like Fedor 3 years ago.[/quote']

You Canadians crack me up with your universal hate against Silva. Dana has already stated that Silva has never turned down a fight. There is times when he is injured. Does that mean he has to fight whether injured or not. Here is some further points you should consider before posting this kind of garbage.

1. Maia defeated the guy you claim Silva is ducking.

2. A reality show contestant from the very sameseason ko'd and took GSP's title.

3. Leites was on a five fight winning streak and has won of the highest win by submission percentages in MMA at 63.16%.

4. Cote was on a five fight winning streakas well. Koscheck was on a three fight winning streak and he was considered a legit challenger.

3. Leites was on a five fight winning streak

come on now' date=' we all know Leites didn't [u']really[/u] win that Marquardt fight, and the only other two fighters that can even be worthy to note in his ufc run to get to the title are Kampmann, a welterweight who he lost to, and McFedries who he earned the title shot from, who was beaten by Kampmann.

Leites is the weakest challenger out of any that either Champ has defended against.

come on now' date=' we all know Leites didn't [u']really[/u] win that Marquardt fight, and the only other two fighters that can even be worthy to note in his ufc run to get to the title are Kampmann, a welterweight who he lost to, and McFedries who he earned the title shot from, who was beaten by Kampmann.

Leites is the weakest challenger out of any that either Champ has defended against.

I disagree. Dan Hardy is.

Yeah, Leites wins over Jeremy Horn, Pete Sell, Drew McFedries, and Dean Lister are crap. By the way, he beat Marquardt whether you want to admit it or not.

Archived