Why Anderson can no longer be P4P #1

peanutz

first off, he has poor wrestling, making him the least well rounded fighter in top 3 P4P

2) when was the last time you saw a top 3 contender get dominated? you do not see it, no matter what opponents strength is the top 3 P4P always dominate every aspect

Silva by pure logic is now #4 or #5 on a P4P greatest list

anyone who denies this through pure fanboyism is not a true MMA fan

first off' date=' he has poor wrestling, making him the least well rounded fighter in top 3 P4P

2) when was the last time you saw a top 3 contender get dominated? you do not see it, no matter what opponents strength is the top 3 P4P always dominate every aspect

anyone who denies this through pure fanboyism is not a true MMA fan[/quote']

Yeah, you know better than ever major MMA news orgainzation besides Sherdog. And your questioning the rationality of Silva fans. :rolleyes:

Anderson Silva will stay #1 until he gets beat. He had a come from behind win and so did Brock last year. Just because Brock got dominated for a round he didn't move down on the p4p list and Frankie got dominated for a round in both his last 2 fights but he stayed the same in the P4P rankings. Anderson stays #1 until he gets beat or retires.

first off' date=' he has poor wrestling, making him the least well rounded fighter in top 3 P4P

tumblr_lpv3n4TnY11qd748ao1_250.gif

this is so true and what ive been trying to tell everyone. This would be my list

1) GSP

2) Edgar

3) Cruz

14 straight wins over BJJ' date=' Wrestlers, Strikers, and so called well rounded fighters.

You're trolling, your opinion is cute, and Silva has more wins in 3 divisions than your favorite fighter, I guarantee it.[/quote']

He got raped by Sonnen. I don't care i he won. If i tuned into his fight against Sonnen...GSP's fight against Shields...then Frankies fight against Maynard.

GSP would be one

Frankie would be two

Silva would be a joke

i know its only 1 ffight, but it shows that the division is either weak.

OR. you have to say that Sonnen is incredible IF you call Silva #1 P4P.

this is so true and what ive been trying to tell everyone. This would be my list

1) GSP

2) Edgar

3) Cruz

Sorry you have no credibility on this forum. If you were so knowledgeable, you would not have lost an account bet hoping that Okami was going to beat Silva. Results speak volumes, so no one realy cares who you think is P4P. Its funny that your top three are all wrestlers just becaues you wrestled in high school. :rolleyes:

He got raped by Sonnen. I don't care i he won. If i tuned into his fight against Sonnen...GSP's fight against Shields...then Frankies fight against Maynard.

GSP would be one

Frankie would be two

Silva would be a joke

i know its only 1 ffight' date=' but it shows that the division is either weak.

OR. you have to say that Sonnen is incredible IF you call Silva #1 P4P.[/quote']

A man who has been wrestling for his whole life out wrestled an MMA fighter for 4 rounds I am supposed to be impressed? The actual MMA fighter prevailed.

The only thing I don't get about MMA is we are the only sport where fans will lower someone's ranking with a win. It's very stupid. He waited till be got an opening for a triangle and he did it. He beat a man who had been ground and pounding him for 4 rounds. BTW having a wrestler on you for 20 minutes will have an effect on your stamina. We should instead of being like Sonnen beat him down for 20 minutes A.Silva is no good!!!! Be like A.Silva is and always will be the best for being able to comeback from that with a fight winning submission. He should have gone up in P4P rankings not go down. O wait I forgot he was already #1.

2680896648_9bbdab9263.jpg

Everyone that believed Silva was #1 in the first place was a "sheep". If Dana White says it is so, it must be true right? No way it was just a money making statement!

Silva has only faced 1 talented fighter in his career. To be best P4P you have to fight talent, not scrubs like ; Leites, Irvin, Cote, Marquardt (none of them are in the UFC today)

Along with a long list of no talent fighters doesn't make you best if you don't lose. Travis Fulton loses less than Silva for the same reason, fighting less talented fighters.

It's not Silva's fault, he fell into the weakest weight class in MMA. He did ride the White talk cloud for a bit but he eventually admitted to the public that Penn and GSP are the best fighters in the world.

Sadly the Sheep that spent so much time defending their prize STILL think Silva is best in the world.

This particularly reminds me of Kimbo Slice. I had been watching MMA for 14 years but since MMA was introduced on a major network, I couldn't convince dozens and dozens of people that not only was Kimbo Slice not the best fighter in the world, but not a good fighter at all. They all looked at me like I was an idiot, and turned their back on me with their purchased hooded sweatshirt that said "kimbo slice".

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

Bruce Lee

So you prefer a more "well rounded" fighter over someone who kills it with Muay Thai and BJJ.. I look for titles won and the number of times you defended your title then finishes when judging who is P4P and Anderson is definitely #1

ahh i see we have a new troll to the forums...Welcome and thank you for making yourself known.

Im not a Silva fan and in fact a Sonnen fan.

That said..

Silva is the best ever, bottom line. It doesn't matter how well rounded you are ( which Silva is ). What matters is winning fights in the end and if your doing that idc if all you have is 1 good kick that keeps knocking people out and the rest of your skills are non existent. It makes you the best fighter if your destroying people with it.

I don't think you're trolling don't listen to these other guys. In fact what you are saying is very true, although that's not what makes someone p4p best. It' s a stupid fact but it's still a fact.

I'm a Silva fan but Silva shouldn't even be number 4 by that logic.

GSP has out stuck and out grappled all opponents

Cain has

Jones has

Frankie has

Jose has

Cruz has

but anderson hasn't

Then you have guys like JDS who has good enough take down defense that we don't really know how good his ground is, so that still makes him better everywhere then anyone he has faught.

I don't think you're trolling don't listen to these other guys. In fact what you are saying is very true' date=' although that's not what makes someone p4p best. It' s a stupid fact but it's still a fact.

Cain has

Jones has

Frankie has

Jose has

Cruz has

but anderson hasn't

Then you have guys like JDS who has good enough take down defense that we don't really know how good his ground is, so that still makes him better everywhere then anyone he has faught.[/quote']

Don't forget to mention that Silva has clusterphvkked every fighter he has faced except Sonnen, which said fight seemed way too flukey.

Silva has devastatingly finished nearly every opponent.

Edgar hasn't, and neither has GizzSP. Not even close.

Edgar and GSP are simply top tier MMA competitors. Silva is a destroyer of men on top of that.

1) GSP

2) Edgar

3) Cruz

So GSP is no.1? based on what? His BJJ skills and striking skills are below Silva's. All he has over Silva is wrestling. The armbar GSP subbed hughes with was the easily ugliest and sloppiest armbar I've ever seen. Couldnt even sub Hardy in multiple attempts.

So who was your no.1 "most well rounded" again?

GSP would be one

Frankie would be two

Silva would be a joke

i know its only 1 ffight' date=' but it shows that the division is either weak.

OR. you have to say that Sonnen is incredible IF you call Silva #1 P4P.[/quote']

GSP got raped by a much smaller, actual light weight, Serra and tapped to strikes. I dont care if he avenged his loss, he still got finished. Silva took Sonnen's best and made him tap! Got it? SONNEN GAVE UP! Just like GSP did against Serra.

I don't think you're trolling don't listen to these other guys. In fact what you are saying is very true' date=' although that's not what makes someone p4p best. It' s a stupid fact but it's still a fact.

Cain has

Jones has

Frankie has

Jose has

Cruz has

but anderson hasn't

Then you have guys like JDS who has good enough take down defense that we don't really know how good his ground is, so that still makes him better everywhere then anyone he has faught.[/quote']

I guess thay you forgot that Jake Shields and Matt Serra both outstruck GSP. :rolleyes:

Stop feeding the trolls people.

Not one person in here has been able to put forward any reasonable[/] or sufficient argument as to why Silva is anything BUT #1P4P.

Win ratio, ratio of finishes to fights, and title defenses. These are the things you need to worry about.

Sonnen's wrestling is probably as good as Silva's striking (relatively speaking) which is why Sonnen normally out-wrestles even the better wreslters in the division, as does Silva outstrike the strikers.

However, Sonnen has some of the worst BJJ defense imaginable, and also has a tendency to tap early when caught (often trying to fight on after his tap). His striking is weak. He has ok technique but zero power.

The guy is undefeated in the UFC, devastating finishes, moved up in weight class and embarrassed griffin. Yeah you can say that Griffin style wise is an easy match up. well same case can be made with GSP

They fed him a striker with no ground game and GSP could not finish him with a locked in kimura and armbar

They fed him a grappler with no striking and GSP could no finish him with 5 rounds.

They fed him a guy who's eye was closed within the 1st round, still no finish.

Anderson silva p4p #1, everyone has their opinion its just that yours is stupid.

/thread

first off' date=' he has poor wrestling, making him the least well rounded fighter in top 3 P4P[/quote']

Not only that, he's probably the least well rounded of all the current champions.

2) when was the last time you saw a top 3 contender get dominated? you do not see it' date=' no matter what opponents strength is the top 3 P4P always dominate every aspect

I still have him at #2, but am seriously considering lowering his rank to 4-5 depending on future fights. You make good points.

Not only that' date=' he's probably the least well rounded of all the current champions.

I still have him at #2, but am seriously considering lowering his rank to 4-5 depending on future fights. You make good points.[/quote']

HW: Boxing and wrestling

LHW: Boxing, wrestling, jujitsu

MW: Boxing, Muay Thai, and jujitsu

WW: Wrestling, jujitsu

LW: Boxing and wrestling

FW: Boxing, Muay Thai, jujitsu

BW: Boxing and wrestling

It seems like Andersons skillset is just as diverse as therest on the list. By the way, you don't have to be a wrestler to be good.

Archived