The Anderson "Submission Theory"

waikru

I ran across an interesting article. I have doubted claims that Silva maintained his position on the ground in order to submit Chael Sonnen for nearly five rounds. However, this article about the movie "Like Water" quotes the folowing from the movie:

At one point, one of Silva's training partners tells him, "You're going to knock him out." Sonnen had trashed Silva's jiu-jitsu teachers, the Nogueira brothers in the leadup to the fight, and it was clearly in the front of his mind at that moment. "No," he said, "I'm going to submit him."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/04/23/like-water-documentary-a-3-d-look-at-anderson-silvas-life-in/

This is more about hating Silva than loving Sonnen.

Silva's gameplan could have been to come in and knock Sonnen out. He may have had to modify his game plan in the fight and still won.

P4P is a ridiculous title, but a man that is talked about to win titles in 3 different divisions is probably close to the top of that list.

This is more about hating Silva than loving Sonnen.

Silva's gameplan could have been to come in and knock Sonnen out. He may have had to modify his game plan in the fight and still won.

P4P is a ridiculous title' date=' but a man that is talked about to win titles in 3 different divisions is probably close to the top of that list.[/quote']

The point is that Anderson planned on submitting Sonnen, not knocking him out. Thats what I found interesting.

P4P has been in combat sports now for quite a while, so its not going anywhere.

If you have ever fought any type of art. Or have Competed in any way, you will 100% completely know that Anderson Silva did not do anything on purpose.

This is complete nonsense. Chael dominated him and lossed in a heartbreaker. Oh well... That just means Chael is going to give him to biggest **** whooping of the century come superbowl weekend. Silva suks btw. i would beat him.

If you have ever fought any type of art. Or have Competed in any way' date=' you will 100% completely know that Anderson Silva did not do anything on purpose.

This is complete nonsense. Chael dominated him and lossed in a heartbreaker. Oh well... That just means Chael is going to give him to biggest **** whooping of the century come superbowl weekend. Silva suks btw. i would beat him.[/quote']

Not so Bright hates any UFC fighter thats not a wrestler, because he was a wrestler in High School. Consequently, he now has this nazi like belief that wrestlers are better than any non wrestlers. Furthermore, being a high school wrestler doesn't make you a fighter or even a tough guy for that matter. Secondly, you coudn't even defeat the worst fighter in Bellator, no less the UFC.

Archived