Who do you think Greg Jackson wants to win: GSP or NBK?

CainCarwin

Jackson has to be a businessman to a certain point. You don't want to take sides and support a fighter that then loses a championship match against another fighter you used to train but chose not to for that fight.

He might want one guy or the other to win, but do you think when this fight is over he'll NOT train either one in the future?

Jackson has to be a businessman to a certain point. You don't want to take sides and support a fighter that then loses a championship match against another fighter you used to train but chose not to for that fight.

He might want one guy or the other to win' date=' but do you think when this fight is over he'll NOT train either one in the future?[/quote']

Just the fact that he didn't go with the champion makes me think Condit.

I mean Greg didn't step back from corners when the Jones/Evans fiasco came about.

I mean Greg didn't step back from corners when the Jones/Evans fiasco came about.

Didn't Evans leave Jackson's because Greg said he wouldn't train either fighter for their match that wound up not happening?

Greg did bow out of the Jones/Evans fight. This is part of why Evans left as he felt he didn't get the loyalty he deserved. Even after Rashad left and said he would not ever return, Greg still vowed not to take part for Jones in the matchup.

After that fiasco, Jackson then put in place a protocol for these very situations so that all his fighters would know how things would unfold (him stepping out of it).

As to who he wants to win? Hard to say. He's very against the idea of his guys fighting each other, but understands it will happen. He claims he won't even watch the fight.

Archived