Something interesting about Anderson Silva losses

Satronaden

If you look back at some of Anderson Silva's fights before the UFC out of his 4 losses, 3 of them have been to Japanese MMA Fighters. Of course the Anderson Silva of today in the UFC is 10X better then the 1 from 7-8 years ago. The interesting about these loses in PRIDE is that they where when he was 28-29 which is normally considered your physical prime for most fighters. Anderson didn't hit his fighting prime until he was 31-32 and is the best Fighter today at the age of 36.

Losses in PRIDE/MMA Record/Date

Daiju Takase (4-7-1) June 8, 2003

takasesilva_display_image.jpg?1280982596

Ryo Chonan (8-4) December 31, 2004

ryo_chonan.jpg

Anderson Silva of today

tumblr_lg7gagEjpj1qf7r5lo1_500.jpg

I think part of it was those fighters did not respect Silva's striking. Most of Silva's advantage is people's fear to engage. He gets time to feel out his range, their speed and reflexes. When he was just a prospect these guys did not fear him and took the fight to Silva, and won.

I think part of it was those fighters did not respect Silva's striking. Most of Silva's advantage is people's fear to engage. He gets time to feel out his range' date=' their speed and reflexes. When he was just a prospect these guys did not fear him and took the fight to Silva, and won.[/quote']

Well silva s worked alot on his tdd and ground game since then too. When he came in the ufc he didnt have that aura either and the way he put guys away was just as impressive.

In pride anderson trained at chute boxe where they didnt give him any training cuz he had a chance to face wandy

What could he do leave chute boxe....at the time BTT would not take him cuz he didnt have alot of money (chute boxe not paying him all his money).....so he was undertraind and had nowhere to go

Well things worked out when he left chute boxe (forced really) and big nog took him in eventhough he didnt fit into the image of BTT

In pride anderson trained at chute boxe where they didnt give him any training cuz he had a chance to face wandy

What could he do leave chute boxe....at the time BTT would not take him cuz he didnt have alot of money (chute boxe not paying him all his money).....so he was undertraind and had nowhere to go

Well things worked out when he left chute boxe (forced really) and big nog took him in eventhough he didnt fit into the image of BTT

I think you're just a tad off considering....

Anderson at that time was fighting between 170-185...

Wandy fought at 205, just like Shogun and that didn't keep Rua from getting quality training...

And Pride had a tendency to avoid campmates fighting anyway, if possible.

And the idea of undercard Pride bouts being fixed makes me chuckle. Sure, a few matches sure look like works (Mostly just in regards to one or two of the Japanese stars, such as Yoshida and 1 Takada match) but I doubt more than just a few had any corruption behind them.

I think you're just a tad off considering....

Anderson at that time was fighting between 170-185...

Wandy fought at 205' date=' just like Shogun and that didn't keep Rua from getting quality training...

And Pride had a tendency to avoid campmates fighting anyway, if possible.

And the idea of undercard Pride bouts being fixed makes me chuckle. Sure, a few matches sure look like works (Mostly just in regards to one or two of the Japanese stars, such as Yoshida and 1 Takada match) but I doubt more than just a few had any corruption behind them.[/quote']

Wandy fought 185 in pride too but they called it lightheavyweight

Wandy fought 185 in pride too but they called it lightheavyweight

Wandy fights at 185 NOW....when he fought MIDDLEWEIGHT in Pride that was 205 lbs or under or 93kg or less if you'd prefer metric.

Anderson was a Pride Welterweight, which was 83kg/183lbs or less.

Know your roots, son.

Archived