gsp vs condit is a writeoff

TigerChamp

this should be obvious by now but i thought i would throw this out there anyways

anybody else who predicted the silva/okami fight should have no probems at all calling how this one goes down. just as one sided, yet a whole lot longer. Condit's back is going to get married to the canvas.

this should be obvious by now but i thought i would throw this out there anyways

anybody else who predicted the silva/okami fight should have no probems at all calling how this one goes down. just as one sided' date=' yet a whole lot longer. Condit's back is going to get married to the canvas.[/quote']

Maybe... but i he definitely is the biggest threat out of the recent WW that GSP has faced.

You see, Condit actually consistently finishes fights, Okami doesn't

GSP won't throw the jab this fight(maybe fake it) but instantly clinches up to move Condit to the cagewall or shoot in for a takedown. If he does try to jab Condit, he's going to get knocked out. The first scenario sounds more realistic and is my prediction for this fight, allthough I'd love to see GSP try to stand with Condit:p

I am picking GSP to win, but I disagree that its guarenteed. I also disagree comparing Condit as a challenger to Okami.

As others in this thread have already said Condit is a very good finisher in all aspects of MMA, while most of Okami's wins were grinding wins. Okami's wins were not even dominant decisions they were barely got the judges nod decisions (see Marquart and Munoz fights). I knew Anderson was on another level before the fight even happened.

However Condit does pose a threat to GSP wherever the fight goes because he can finish standing or on the ground. With that said I still think Condit does not have good enough take down defense to stop GSP's take downs. Although Condit is very good off of his back, GSP has a great top game, great submission defense and is almost impossible to sweep. I see GSP just taking him down and dominating the fight, but not finishing. Carlos is too tough and skilled on the ground, GSP will have a good fight I think (better than his Shields fight) and get the victory, but its not guarenteed, Condit can knock him out or submit him.

i dont know

i still think diaz vs gsp would have been a much more challenging fight, though i would have to say that diaz vs bj penn will be the much better fight. i am actually stoked for that one. i hope they beat the living hell out of each other

i didnt even expect any serious responses in this crap thread. ha ha. yeah condit is dangerous but i really dont see him bringing it to gsp. who knows though, we'll see.

Archived