Bisping thinks hes deserves to be the #1 contender, not Chael Sonnen.........

King_Can

Guys on a 3 fight win streak' date=' if he wins his matchup with Miller, don't see why he shouldn't get a shot. Chael got his...[/quote']

Exactly' date=' Chael is on a one fight winning streak and talks some smack and gets a title shot. :rolleyes:[/quote']

pretty much says it all. I don't think bisping remotely has a chance against anderson, but who else could he fight?

funny that dan leaves the ufc because he didn't get his promised title shot against anderson for ktfoing bisping yet bisping wins a couple fights against mid teir guys and is probably the next contender.

pretty much says it all. I don't think bisping remotely has a chance against anderson' date=' but who else could he fight?

funny that dan leaves the ufc because he didn't get his promised title shot against anderson for ktfoing bisping yet bisping wins a couple fights against mid teir guys and is probably the next contender.[/quote']

Winner of Miller/Bisping fight the winner of a Belfort for the number 2 spot and a title shot after Sonnen Silva 2. Give Sexy a win, then maybe put him in there with Stann, if he doesn't go to MW. Kos moving up could change the playing field though. Outside of the top 2, the MW rankings are a bit tough.

I think I saw somewhere that Anderson is hurt, if so let the winner of Miller/Bisping vs Sonnen for a title shot. I would rank Stann at the same level as Miller and Bisping.

bisping has fought top competition 3 times in his career

all 3 ended in losses.

Hendo

Wandy

Evans

his biggest win is over Kang. And that was before his lost to Wandy

As it sits...hes not in the top 10. Somewhere between 10-15.

14 fights in the UFC, never made the top 10 in the arguably the weakest division. Bisping = Mid Tier fighter. Sorry, but its the truth.

all 3 ended in losses.

Hendo

Wandy

Evans

14 fights in the UFC' date=' never made the top 10 in the arguably the weakest division. Bisping = Mid Tier fighter. Sorry, but its the truth.[/quote']

+1 Bisping had his shots and never did anything with them he might make it in the 10 someday but will never be a top 5 fighter nor should he get the shot

i mean come on he went to a Decision with Dan Miller and Yoshihiro Akiyama and got a tko vs Jorge Rivera who even bisping said he shouldn't of had that spot

Chael is a proven fighter with wins over Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt, and Brian Stann. Michael Bisping is still an unproven fighter, he hasn't fought a high leveled fighter. He needs to get his opportunity with high leveled fighters. He got his chance against Mayhem, and we will see

Bisping needs to find a way to finish Miller in dominating fashion to convince anyone other than Bobmyster he is worth putting against Silva. The only thing that is working in Bisping's favor is that Mayhem hasn't beaten anyone worth writing home about. (Mayhem's worst nightmare is Souza coming to the UFC)

Stann clearly needs to work on his ground game to compete against Sonnen, though he would run through Bisping. "The Count" does not have the grappling tools to put Stann in trouble, and Stann clearly has better hitting power.

Sonnen was beating Silva in their fight, the first time that has happened since Silva came to the UFC. He looked dominant against Stann, why not give him a chance against Silva?

Sadly, Vitor just got so easily dismissd by Silva that few people want to see that rematch because really what is Vitor going to improve upon to change the matchup?

And Okami? Well, he's going to have to fight at least one or two of the guys above to even come near a title shot again.

The best chance for Bisping or Okami to win the belt is Silva leaving the MW division.

Chael sonen's the biggest trash talker - his appeared success in the earlier rounds of the and silva fight was because anderson never really turned up the heat ! His victory over Bstann was kinda impressive though and although i hate to admit it think he might get the better of Bisping. I do beleive Chaels a roid abuser also?

all 3 ended in losses.

Hendo

Wandy

Evans

14 fights in the UFC' date=' never made the top 10 in the arguably the weakest division. Bisping = Mid Tier fighter. Sorry, but its the truth.[/quote']

Well said. Until he beats a top 10 guy in his division he has no business thinking that he deserves a title shot. As much as I like Miller he wasn't even a champ in Strikeforce so a win over him is not much of a statement. I say make Bisping fight Vitor if he gets by Miller. If he can take out Vitor then I would give him a shot.

Bisping vs Stann

Sonnen vs Vitor

Assuming Bisping gets past Mayhem (I'm not saying he will) then a fight with Stann would be his opportunity to get a title shot. Stann has the power that Rivera boasted, but also has some real technique also, meaning that he would land strikes instead of being a training dummy.

On the same note, Bisping can be quite elusive when he needs to be, and also has good striking technique.

Both guys are capable of winning that fight, but I fancy Bisping would need to land twice as many blows as Stann would in order to get the finish.

Vitor had already called out Sonnen on the MMA show with Bas Rutten. He is pissed at Sonnen's comments toward Brazil. Vitor is the kind of fighter who might just be able to land a sweet one on Sonnen's chin before the TD comes.

With regard Bisping's comments, he has a point in some respect. If you always made the fights based upon who is the p4p better fighter, you would end up making the same fights over and over. If you think Sonnen is the best in the division (excluding Silva), then would a loss to Anderson suddenly make you think that Sonnen's skills, relative to other fighters, were any different? No.

So Sonnen had a fight. Was finished, AND failed a drug test. Even though he was the most convincing opponent to Silva, and despite the fact he prob has the best chance to beat Silva.... Contendership is about more than who is most likely to win... It is about who has earned their shot. Sonnen has to slip down the list. Vitor slipped further. Okami is not even on the list right now.

It has to be Bisping soon, if Bisping keeps winning.... unless somebody else beats him and steals his momentum.

Bisping vs Stann

Sonnen vs Vitor

Assuming Bisping gets past Mayhem (I'm not saying he will) then a fight with Stann would be his opportunity to get a title shot. Stann has the power that Rivera boasted' date=' but also has some real technique also, meaning that he would land strikes instead of being a training dummy.

On the same note, Bisping can be quite elusive when he needs to be, and also has good striking technique.

Both guys are capable of winning that fight, but I fancy Bisping would need to land twice as many blows as Stann would in order to get the finish.

Vitor had already called out Sonnen on the MMA show with Bas Rutten. He is pissed at Sonnen's comments toward Brazil. Vitor is the kind of fighter who might just be able to land a sweet one on Sonnen's chin before the TD comes.

With regard Bisping's comments, he has a point in some respect. If you always made the fights based upon who is the p4p better fighter, you would end up making the same fights over and over. If you think Sonnen is the best in the division (excluding Silva), then would a loss to Anderson suddenly make you think that Sonnen's skills, relative to other fighters, were any different? No.

So Sonnen had a fight. Was finished, AND failed a drug test. Even though he was the most convincing opponent to Silva, and despite the fact he prob has the best chance to beat Silva.... Contendership is about more than [i']who is most likely to win[/i]... It is about who has earned their shot. Sonnen has to slip down the list. Vitor slipped further. Okami is not even on the list right now.

It has to be Bisping soon, if Bisping keeps winning.... unless somebody else beats him and steals his momentum.

Why the hell would bisping when he beats miller fight someone coming of a loss In stann. You my friend do not understand how mma works. Bisping should fight sonnen at least if bisping doesn't get silva next! Sonnen is on a 1 win streak, bisping will be on a 4 win streak! You work it out!

Bisping vs Silva will be EXACTELY this:

30 sec of Silva getting Bisping's timing down followed by 2 minutes of clowning by Silva before he gently grazes Bisping's chin, and Bisping takes a nap. Silva jumps on the octagon fence.

Enter Bruce Buffer: "Ladies and gentleman, referee Herb Dean puts a stop to this contest at...blabla". Joe Rogan then puts a mic in Silva's face and asks an indept question, Silva totally ignores the question, thanks his team, yells som jibberish about Brazil and that's a wrap...

Anyone thinking anything else will happen is gravely mistaken.

Look just cause Bisping is a brit don't give us fans the right to blacklist him. He has had a great career and deserves his shot also. I think he has done what it takes to get that fight, even if it comes down to a Sonnen vs Bisping, matchup since A Silva don't want to fight AGAIN...... but that would be a matchup I would like to see, Sonnen vs Bisping.

• 2 weeks later...
Bisping needs to find a way to finish Miller in dominating fashion to convince anyone other than Bobmyster he is worth putting against Silva. The only thing that is working in Bisping's favor is that Mayhem hasn't beaten anyone worth writing home about. (Mayhem's worst nightmare is Souza coming to the UFC)

Stann clearly needs to work on his ground game to compete against Sonnen' date=' though he would run through Bisping. "The Count" does not have the grappling tools to put Stann in trouble, and Stann clearly has better hitting power.

Sonnen was beating Silva in their fight, the first time that has happened since Silva came to the UFC. He looked dominant against Stann, why not give him a chance against Silva?

Sadly, Vitor just got so easily dismissd by Silva that few people want to see that rematch because really what is Vitor going to improve upon to change the matchup?

And Okami? Well, he's going to have to fight at least one or two of the guys above to even come near a title shot again.

The best chance for Bisping or Okami to win the belt is Silva leaving the MW division.[/quote']

I agree with everything you say. Bisping needs to face tougher competition, and Mayhem would be a good stepping stone for him.

Archived