Why Sonnen gets a rematch and Maia doesnt for those with SIlva goggles on!

dimension33

Maia vs Silva was NO WHERE EVEN IN THE SAME BALL PARK...as SOnnen vs SIlva...Maia never came close to winning a round...chael was minutes away from winning the fight...Maia only got the fight because Silva didnt want to fight Chael....the proof is that Chael lost his first UFC fight to Maia...Maia went on to get KO'ed in the first round by Marquardt...THEN he wins a Unanimous Decision against DAN MILLER?? Sonnen on the other hand also beat Dan Miller by UD...BUT then he beat Okami(a top contender) and then Marquardt(the #1 contender)...Sonnen became the #1 contender when he beat Marquardt...who does SIlva fight when Vitor gets injured...DEMIAN MAIA?? I already posted the link to the article where Soares basically had already said he didnt think Chael should get a title shot until he beat Maia...and this was before Vitor was even hurt...THATS WHY MAIA GOT THE TITLE SHOT....because Soares decided that Chael should have to beat Maia just because he lost to him 4 fights ago in his first fight?? The fight was April 10th so Chael having a cut on his head from febuary 8th shouldnt have mattered.

As far as Chael fighting Maia first?? thats ridiculous....Maia beat kendall grove and MArio Miranda....then lost to Mark Munoz...he also didnt give Silva a challenge or threaten him...CHael on the other hand whooped Silva not only in grappling but ground game and striking...lost with minutes left...then MANHANDLED a top contender in Brian Stann and FINISHED HIM...a guy who has only been finished one other time in the UFC...I dont care who you root for...but if your REAL then whether your a Silva or Sonnen fan...YOU KNOW THIS FIGHT HAS TO HAPPEN...the only reason to try and make excuses why Sonnen shouldnt get it is if your scared Silva might lose...SIlva losing could be the best thing for the sport...

Maia vs Silva was NO WHERE EVEN IN THE SAME BALL PARK...as SOnnen vs SIlva...Maia never came close to winning a round...chael was minutes away from winning the fight...Maia only got the fight because Silva didnt want to fight Chael....the proof is that Chael lost his first UFC fight to Maia...Maia went on to get KO'ed in the first round by Marquardt...THEN he wins a Unanimous Decision against DAN MILLER?? Sonnen on the other hand also beat Dan Miller by UD...BUT then he beat Okami(a top contender) and then Marquardt(the #1 contender)...Sonnen became the #1 contender when he beat Marquardt...who does SIlva fight when Vitor gets injured...DEMIAN MAIA?? I already posted the link to the article where Soares basically had already said he didnt think Chael should get a title shot until he beat Maia...and this was before Vitor was even hurt...THATS WHY MAIA GOT THE TITLE SHOT....because Soares decided that Chael should have to beat Maia just because he lost to him 4 fights ago in his first fight?? The fight was April 10th so Chael having a cut on his head from febuary 8th shouldnt have mattered.

As far as Chael fighting Maia first?? thats ridiculous....Maia beat kendall grove and MArio Miranda....then lost to Mark Munoz...he also didnt give Silva a challenge or threaten him...CHael on the other hand whooped Silva not only in grappling but ground game and striking...lost with minutes left...then MANHANDLED a top contender in Brian Stann and FINISHED HIM...a guy who has only been finished one other time in the UFC...I dont care who you root for...but if your REAL then whether your a Silva or Sonnen fan...YOU KNOW THIS FIGHT HAS TO HAPPEN...the only reason to try and make excuses why Sonnen shouldnt get it is if your scared Silva might lose...SIlva losing could be the best thing for the sport...

Soares is aloud to have an opinion on who he thinks is worthy. Sonnen is on a one fight winning streak if you haven't noticed. that usually doesn't garner an instant title shot. Maia went the distance against Silva, while Sonnen got finished. Please stop acting like everything is only this way.

However, I do agree that Sonnen was his best challenge and is the only fight I'm interested in seeing. I want the fight to happen, so this time Silva can knock him out. Keep in mind anderson has an 80% takedown ratio and better jujitsu. I wouldnt count him out so easily.

Soares is aloud to have an opinion on who he thinks is worthy. Sonnen is on a one fight winning streak if you haven't noticed. that usually doesn't garner an instant title shot. Maia went the distance against Silva' date=' while Sonnen got finished. Please stop acting like everything is only this way.

However, I do agree that Sonnen was his best challenge and is the only fight I'm interested in seeing. I want the fight to happen, so this time Silva can knock him out. Keep in mind anderson has an 80% takedown ratio and better jujitsu. I wouldnt count him out so easily.[/quote']

oh come on only reason Maia lasted is silva was clowning around with him

oh come on only reason Maia lasted is silva was clowning around with him

I am not saying thats not the case, but people look at things differently. I agree with Sonnen fighting Silva based solely on their last match. However, its not completely ridiculous to expect two fights before getting a title shot. Lets face it Sonnens dominance over Silva wasn't nearly as impressive as Maia's victory over Sonnen.

lol

give them both rematches

with maia it would be dancing with the stars volume 2, or with sonnen it would be watching anderson get the piss pounded out of him volume 2

what would you rather watch? silva intimidated maia so badly that now he has himself confused with a striker.

Soares is aloud to have an opinion on who he thinks is worthy. Sonnen is on a one fight winning streak if you haven't noticed. that usually doesn't garner an instant title shot. Maia went the distance against Silva' date=' while Sonnen got finished. Please stop acting like everything is only this way.[/quote']

Maia was on a one fight win streak when he got his fight against Anderson.

lol

give them both rematches

with maia it would be dancing with the stars volume 2' date=' or with sonnen it would be watching anderson get the piss pounded out of him volume 2

what would you rather watch? silva intimidated maia so badly that now he has himself confused with a striker.[/quote']

Quit being a fool, it's not about what the fans want, it's about who is more deserving of a title shot in organized sports. Otherwise, I want Diaz/GSP

Herp derp' date=' he was stepping in for an injured Belfort. I've told you this before[/quote']

Making a point.

And Anderson had one UFC win when he got his. Just because it happens doesn't mean thats the way its suppose to be.

When Anderson got his shot, this division was far weaker than it is now.

Herp derp' date=' he was stepping in for an injured Belfort. I've told you this before[/quote']

SONNEN should have gotten the shot when Belfort was hurt...he was the number 1 contender...he was on a 3 fight winning streak and had beaten the prior #1 contender in Marquardt...the fact that before Belfort was even hurt...Soares was trying to bide for Sonnen to not get the shot says alot...and after watching them fight isnt it obvious why Soares didnt want Sonnen to get the fight

SONNEN should have gotten the shot when Belfort was hurt...he was the number 1 contender...he was on a 3 fight winning streak and had beaten the prior #1 contender in Marquardt...the fact that before Belfort was even hurt...Soares was trying to bide for Sonnen to not get the shot says alot...and after watching them fight isnt it obvious why Soares didnt want Sonnen to get the fight

Stop posting the same garbage. Silva signed to fight in the rematch and Sonnen got suspended for his steroid use. Your argument is irrelevant. Gets some new material.

Umm...I'm gonna have to say "No".

Maia may have only been on a 1 fight winning streak, but that's without mentioning that the loss that precedes was the first of his career. He was 12-1 going into the title fight. Not only that, but people thought that Maia's skills on the ground would be able to go well against Silva's, assuming he could get it there.

Sonnen was just now establishing himself in the division with that small little win streak. With 10 losses already, it's kinda hard to do that. Those are the three biggest names under his belt, Marquardt, Miller, and Okami. And quite honestly, who WAS Sonnen before facing Silva?

Nobody.

Sonnen was just another wrestler. That's a style we've already seen get beat up by Silva in Hendo, and Okami, regardless of the DQ loss at Rumble.

The timing was right for Maia, he was the only logical option at that time.

Sonnen who had just beaten Nate, wouldnt have had the time to prepare for the silva fight.

Ive said this before, please quote the so called Silva fans that say Sonnen shouldnt get the rematch with Silva.... Its just BS anti silva fans making **** up.

Im a silva fan. I want to see the fight.

Sonnen deserves to have the rematch.

Archived