rampage "pride tournaments had pre-determined results"

Big_Roy_Fan

Look we all know pride was not run that well and maybe then did set it up for certain guys to have a better chance of winning then others...but what rampage discribed in not "fixing" the fights what he said was swaying the odds in favor of another fighter....this happens offten even in the ufc

Overeem...chuck...crocop....all have said the pride ppl only told them two weeks ahead who they would be fighting

I see what he's saying.

They would only give one fighter short notice, so that the ones that knew for a while had a chance.

Shyster business.

I strongly consider dismissing PRIDE records as legitimate records sometimes, cuz I know they're shysters.

Look we all know pride was not run that well and maybe then did set it up for certain guys to have a better chance of winning then others...but what rampage discribed in not "fixing" the fights what he said was swaying the odds in favor of another fighter....this happens offten even in the ufc

Overeem...chuck...crocop....all have said the pride ppl only told them two weeks ahead who they would be fighting

^^ This

Rampage even said years back when he fought Sakaraba that he was set up to lose with the weight cut they made him do and short fight notice time... Doesn't mean they weren't fighting, but some people where given a competitive edge. I know Pride wasn't the only originization to do this nor the only sport.

Someone take note!! Is this a Shogun fan not being biased?? lol

Dude, you ought to know by now I won't be biased. Not even with my favorite fighters. :)

The closest thing to bias lately is how I think Condit will beat GSP, but I honestly believe that. I don't think GSP can make it 25 long minutes without getting caught.

Shogun has performed admirably in the UFC. Perhaps he's not god' date=' but then again, those Nog fights were awfully close. In reality, Shogun would beat both of their arses.[/quote']

Meh.

He looked good against Machida and Forrest in the second fight.

Other than that, he hasn't been the hype of the LHW GOAT that people try to make him out to be.

He looked horrible against Forrest #1, Coleman. Decent against Chuck, but the shot he landed would have been not so effective against people who's chins haven't failed them. He got absolutely phvkked by jones.

Meh.

He looked good against Machida and Forrest in the second fight.

Other than that' date=' he hasn't been the hype of the LHW GOAT that people try to make him out to be.

He looked horrible against Forrest #1, Coleman. Decent against Chuck, but the shot he landed would have been not so effective against people who's chins haven't failed them. He got absolutely phvkked by jones.[/quote']

Being able to decimate and destroy in rematches proves he absolutely is legit.

Yeah, OP kinda took what Rampage said and stretched it by a mile.

Some GPs were set up with brackets where some guys got an easier road. It happens sometimes because they might want to give someone an "easier" road to the finals because they want to hype that guy because he has been a winner. Is that necessarily fair? No, but at the same time, they still have to fight. The GPs were generally stacked affairs, unlike some of the earlier UFC tournys that only had 1 or 2 legit talents.

As for promoting Rampage..well, he never beat Wandy. Kinda hard to heavily promote a guy that never won the belt or a GP and got wrecked twice by the champ.

Officiating can be iffy anywhere. Sure, maybe you're winning and on top and it sucks if a standup/restart happens. Maybe you thought you were doing enough when the ref didn't.

Not getting merchandising money...well, that goes back to contract. UFC can be stingy about that stuff too. MMA isn't the sport to get into to get rich for nothing.

Kinda sympathize a bit with these sorts of troubles, but at the same time the fighters need to organize to ensure their rights, especially with Zuffa increasing a monopoly on the sport.

Yeah' date=' OP kinda took what Rampage said and stretched it by a mile.

Some GPs were set up with brackets where some guys got an easier road[/b']. It happens sometimes because they might want to give someone an "easier" road to the finals because they want to hype that guy because he has been a winner. Is that necessarily fair? No, but at the same time, they still have to fight. The GPs were generally stacked affairs, unlike some of the earlier UFC tournys that only had 1 or 2 legit talents.

As for promoting Rampage..well, he never beat Wandy. Kinda hard to heavily promote a guy that never won the belt or a GP and got wrecked twice by the champ.

Officiating can be iffy anywhere. Sure, maybe you're winning and on top and it sucks if a standup/restart happens. Maybe you thought you were doing enough when the ref didn't.

Not getting merchandising money...well, that goes back to contract. UFC can be stingy about that stuff too. MMA isn't the sport to get into to get rich for nothing.

Kinda sympathize a bit with these sorts of troubles, but at the same time the fighters need to organize to ensure their rights, especially with Zuffa increasing a monopoly on the sport.

This

/endthread

Just for kicks went to go look at some of the seeding for the Pride GPs Rampage was in.

Rampage vs. Bustamante

Liddell vs. Overeem Rampage vs. Liddell

Silva vs. Rampage

Yoshida vs. Tamura Silva vs. Yoshida

Silva vs. Sakuraba

Saku vs. Dong-Sik

Arona vs. Lister Arona vs. Saku

Silva vs. Arona

Nakamura vs. Randleman Silva vs. Nakmura

Silva vs. Yoshida

Rua vs Arona - Rua GP winner

Overeem vs. Belfort

Vovchanchyn vs. Kondo Overeem vs.Vovchanchyn

Rua vs. Overeem

Lil Nog vs. Hendo Rua vs. Lil Nog

Rampage vs. Shogun

I don't really see Silva having that much easier of a road than Rampage. Especially since in '05 Rua was a young underdog trying to rise to the top while Rampage had been in the upper echelons of Pride.

Archived