Why Is Rampage Considered a Knockout Artist?

Rikly

Seriously.. Only 42% of his wins were classified as a knockout. And most of those were only TKO's. His actual KO percentage rate is 12% hahahaha.

Shogun is a true KO artist with 85% of his wins coming by way of knockout.

Manhoef is a true KO artist with 95% of his wins coming by way of knockout.

Lawler is a true KO artist with 85% of his wins coming by way of knockout.

Rampage is a true KO artist with.. Oh no wait.. Rampage isn't a KO artist at all.

So I'm just curious, why does everyone always expect a KO from this over rated piece of crap?

Hilarious 0/10

Next time you try to troll at least make it funny

You wanna know what's really funny? The fact that I'm not trolling. Rampage has got to be one of the most over rated fighters in the UFC. He has power but his record shows that he's not very good at using it.

You wanna know what's really funny? The fact that I'm not trolling. Rampage has got to be one of the most over rated fighters in the UFC. He has power but his record shows that he's not very good at using it.

Thats because Rampage's last 4 fights have been wrestlers

Jones

Hamil

Machida (not a wrestler, but nearly impossible to hit)

Rashad

it's true, the only people he has KO'd in the UFC are Silva and Chuck, Chuck was impressive but Wanderlei was pretty much washed up at that point (though he has managed to do alright since then I guess), and I guess also Eastman, but he's irrelevant

I think since he has a lot of power and is primarily a boxer, the UFC will hype him up as a KO artist, especially since they can show the Eastman/Chuck/Wandy clips in the countdown shows

Thats because Rampage's last 4 fights have been wrestlers

Jones

Hamil

Machida (not a wrestler' date=' but nearly impossible to hit)

Rashad[/quote']

Jones - This fight was pretty much entirely a standup fight and I don't even recall Rampage landing a single hit.

Hamill - Are you kidding me? Rampage had soooo many opportunities in that fight to put Hamill to sleep. Even Jake Shields could of KO'd Hamill the way he was turtling up.

Machida - Yes you are right about Machida being hard to hit but he is primarily a standup fighter and has been KO'd before. So if Rampage is such a good knockout artist, then why couldn't he do it?

Rashad - Every fight starts on the feet, and if I recall correctly, Evans rocked Rampage like 10 seconds into the fight and sent him stumbling to the other side of the octagon..

I understand and respect your point though about him going up against wrestlers and not wanting to risk being taken down or whatever, but why do his fans always predict that he's going to win by KO? When less than half of his wins have come by KO?

Well, it's not just the figures and percentage talking but also the hype that surrounds the guy. The guy was making waves in PRIDE with KO wins in a spectacular and devastating manner and his win against Lidell and Silva were nothing short of impressive.

Seriously.. Only 42% of his wins were classified as a knockout. And most of those were only TKO's. His actual KO percentage rate is 12% hahahaha.

Rampage is a true KO artist with.. Oh no wait.. Rampage isn't a KO artist at all.

So I'm just curious' date=' why does everyone always expect a KO from this over rated piece of crap?[/quote']

Because his hands are deadly and he has one of the best KOs in MMA history.

/thread

I used to like him when I was younger and he was in Japan. He is all about money, but moreso his ego is enormous. If anyone ever said in the media anything about his ko ratio he would flip and start driving his truck down the sidewalks of the strip knocking over lightposts and everything else in his way. They did a good job at covering that up. He had the nerve to talk about Jones's ego when his is the largest in the game. He is too slow to knock anyone out anymore, but it wasn't always that way. I just did not want anyone to think by my last comment that I am a fan of his.

Anyone who thinks Rampage is a bum should fly out to Vegas. He is always at the nightclubs and can usually be found at Rehab. Then you can tell him' date=' he has no trouble smacking around everyday people. Just ask my friend Tim.[/quote']

I would like to get into contact with "Tim." I do miss him...

I used to like him when I was younger and he was in Japan. He is all about money' date=' but moreso his ego is enormous. If anyone ever said in the media anything about his ko ratio he would flip and start driving his truck down the sidewalks of the strip knocking over lightposts and everything else in his way. They did a good job at covering that up. He had the nerve to talk about Jones's ego when his is the largest in the game. He is too slow to knock anyone out anymore, but it wasn't always that way. I just did not want anyone to think by my last comment that I am a fan of his.[/quote']

I don't think it is that he is too slow, just that people won't exchange with him anymore. If you look at his KO's they are either by slam, or they are GnP, but the most common are when he is exchanging hooks, he keeps his guard high, and rolls through with his own combos off of his opponent's hooks.

Because he has great boxing, crazy power and some nice highlight reel knockouts.

To quote Ozzy Osbourne "the guy who painted the Mona Lisa didn't paint 20 Mona Lisa's... But he's still considered one of the greatest artists". Same goes for page... nobody ever KO's everyone every fight, but if they've done it a few times before and have shown the ability to do so I have no problems with them being considered "knockout artists".

Because he has great boxing' date=' crazy power and some nice highlight reel knockouts.

To quote Ozzy Osbourne "the guy who painted the Mona Lisa didn't paint 20 Mona Lisa's... But he's still considered one of the greatest artists". Same goes for page... nobody ever KO's everyone every fight, but if they've done it a few times before and have shown the ability to do so I have no problems with them being considered "knockout artists".[/quote']

+1

Anyone who can quote Ozzy Osbourne in a ufc forum is a genius!:D

Because the best thing he has going for him is a few knockout wins. They can't market him as "The man with pretty decent takedown defence" or "That funny black guy" so they went with knock out artist' date=' because he has a few good KO wins.[/quote']

I think he should be the funny black guy, and Forrest should be the funny white guy. I don't think funny Arabs exist, so we only really need those two.. I think there is another big one... Oh yeah, those rice eaters, they aren't funny either, except for Nigahiga.

Because he has great boxing' date=' crazy power and some nice highlight reel knockouts.

To quote Ozzy Osbourne "the guy who painted the Mona Lisa didn't paint 20 Mona Lisa's... But he's still considered one of the greatest artists". Same goes for page... nobody ever KO's everyone every fight, but if they've done it a few times before and have shown the ability to do so I have no problems with them being considered "knockout artists".[/quote']

Well you have a point, but by that logic we can put a lot of people on the UFC roster in the knockout artist category when really they don't belong there. I think the words "knockout artist" are way over used.

Look at Gray Maynard for example. He has pretty good, solid boxing and has proven to possess quite a fair bit of power. He also has one of the fastest knockouts in UFC history on his resume. But if I was to go around saying that Gray Maynard was a knockout artist, people would think I'm a troll and/or would just laugh at me and not take me seriously at all.

Do you see where I'm coming from?

So I'm just curious' date=' why does everyone always expect a KO from this over rated piece of crap?[/quote'] Finally! Someone who actually speaks the truth.

Jackson is NOT a KO artist. lol

A 'KO Artist' is someone who actually knocks people out... Remember Mike Tyson? Shane Carwin? Yeah that's a KO Artist.

People don't know shiz about shiz on this forum except a very select few. 12% and considered a KO'er? LMAO.

Finally! Someone who actually speaks the truth.

Jackson is NOT a KO artist. lol

A 'KO Artist' is someone who actually knocks people out... Remember Mike Tyson? Shane Carwin? Yeah that's a KO Artist.

People don't know shiz about shiz on this forum except a very select few. 12% and considered a KO'er? LMAO.

^^This guy knows his sh!t

To quote Ozzy Osbourne "[i']the guy who painted the Mona Lisa [/i]didn't paint 20 Mona Lisa's... But he's still considered one of the greatest artists". Same goes for page... nobody ever KO's everyone every fight, but if they've done it a few times before and have shown the ability to do so I have no problems with them being considered "knockout artists".

wow, i love ozzy and hes an icon in the metal world but really? He couldnt remember da vinci? and THAT GUY did make many other paintings, he was a genius and an amazing artist...

but yea rampage is a KO artist becouse he has one of the greatest KOs in the sport ever, and also he can KO anyone...

wow' date=' i love ozzy and hes an icon in the metal world but really? He couldnt remember da vinci? and THAT GUY did make many other paintings, he was a genius and an amazing artist...

but yea rampage is a KO artist becouse he has one of the greatest KOs in the sport ever, [b']and also he can KO anyone[/b]...

ohh, is that why he has KO'd all his opponents? With the right punch, I could KO anyone too, your logic doesn't make sense

Every single guy Rampage had fought in the UFC leading up to the Jones fight he had hurt badly with punches. If he didn't knock them out he dropped them and came close to finishing.

Eastman - knocked out

Chuck - Knocked out

Dan Henderson - dropped with punches in the fight

Forrest - Dropped with punches

Wanderlei - KTFO!!

Jardine - dropped badly with punches

Rashad dropped badly with punches

Machida's really the only guy he never really hurt with punches before Jones

Hammil - completely outclassed him on the feet even though he had a broken hand

Hamill - Are you kidding me? Rampage had soooo many opportunities in that fight to put Hamill to sleep. Even Jake Shields could of KO'd Hamill the way he was turtling up.

this is idiotic, shields wouldn't be able to perform on the feet and sprawl the way rampage did which is what led Hammil to "turtling up"

Until recently rampage hurt nearly everyone he fought with punches win or lose, that's what gives him the rep for having ko power or being a "knockout artist"

Every single guy Rampage had fought in the UFC leading up to the Jones fight he had hurt badly with punches. If he didn't knock them out he dropped them and came close to finishing.

Eastman - knocked out

Chuck - Knocked out

Dan Henderson - dropped with punches in the fight

Forrest - Dropped with punches

Wanderlei - KTFO!!

Jardine - dropped badly with punches

Rashad dropped badly with punches

Machida's really the only guy he never really hurt with punches before Jones

Hammil - completely outclassed him on the feet even though he had a broken hand

this is idiotic' date=' shields wouldn't be able to perform on the feet and sprawl the way rampage did which is what led Hammil to "turtling up"

Until recently rampage hurt nearly everyone he fought with punches win or lose, that's what gives him the rep for having ko power or being a "knockout artist"[/quote']

+1

enigma is one of the only intelligent posters on this forum

Alrite every fighter needs to have a "thing"

Lesnar= freak athlete, wrestling

Silva= striking, p4p king

GSP= wrestling, well rounded

Fitch= Wrestling, the grinder

Chael= wrestling, the grinder

Rampage= KO power because that is his strongest point, he doesnt wrestle his not well rounded, his not a submission artist. Then they sell him as the guy with KO power. You are a victim of ufc marketing

Its hard for Rampage to KO

Jones

Shogun

Evans

Machida

Since he could not KO those fighters

Noobs start sprouting garbage like he isn't someone who has KO power

Damn bandwagon scum

you forgot to mention...

Matt Hamill

Keith Jardine

Forrest Griffin