Anderson Silva to have 4 more fights in the UFC

King_Can

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/10/14/2489799/anderson-silva-retiring-after-four-more-fights-says-manager-ed-soares

that's alot more than I expected....

even if he lost all 4 of those fights, I would still consider him goat....

for his last 4 fights, who would you like to see him fight?

mine are.

1. GSP

2. Sonnen

3. Bisping

4. Henderson

Doubt he will fight Jones because apparently they are friends and A.Silva also stated earlier hes done with LHW.

I would like to see him fight GSP, but realistically speaking, it's not a fight I see happening. I consider him fighting Chael Sonnen to be the next best fight he can have. Henderson is a bit iffy, but he didn't do terrible when he fought Silva. He's been aching for a rematch and he's had quite a lot of wins despite his age (Minus the Jake Shields lost).

As for Bisping? Not interested in the least. He's no where near Silva's level and Silva would make a fool out of him. I figure those that want to see Silva fight Bisping are people that want to see Bisping get knocked out again.

so one more at mw then move up or maybe a gsp superfight? still very vague' date=' and 4 fights could be 4 years depending on how things work out[/quote']

gsp will come to MW I hope, so pointless to see that fight happen at 170... wouldn't even be fair on Silva... would love to see Bisping get ktfo, henderson and chael have been saying Silva has been ducking them and I;m sure Hendo could make 185 again.

all at 185.

Chael Sonnen 185lbs

Dan Henderson 185lbs

Gegard Mousasi 185lbs

Georges St. Pierre 178lbs

I think it would be in this order too.

Chael is obviously getting the next title shot, but I don't think that will happen until January or February.

I think Henderson needs a big win over Shogun, I honest see him knocking Shogun out. From there he definitely needs a big fight at 185lbs because his last time there he had a terrible performance and blamed it on dropping so much weight, he needs to redeem that and show its different this time.

Gegard Mousasi, unless he's completely retarded and wants to keep losing by being outsized and outpowered he will drop back down to 185lbs, from there I'd think he'd only need 2-3 wins , St Preux is a huge win for a guy fighting at 185 in my books. His credentials as a striker with very good grappling, this would make for an insane fight. He better come to the UFC.

Then of course, I think Georges St Pierre will have had 3-5 defense by this time while I think Aldo will have lost, Frankie probably too, Jones too and maybe even Cain ( probably not Cain) and it it will be unquestioned who the two best fighters are in the sport, it will be Andersons last fight and he will be on the top of the world, time to make this one happen or theres something seriously wrong with Dana White, by whatever means I think Catchweight is best.

Thoughts?

They make a good point about rematches.... although I think the Sonnen match needs to happen. Hendo.... love him but no thanks. I think its definitely time for some super fight type things to go on if he is to retire. My picks would be...

Sonnen

Jones

GSP

Machida (This would never happen but it would be a fun fight to watch!)

Sonnen

moves up after losing the MW belt' date=' and Machida getting raped by Bones

fights Shogun

fights Mousasi if he loses, Hendo if he wins

one more fight that I don't really care about

retires[/quote']

no love for silva? :eek:

personally, I think he would beat every fighter you just mentioned.

Chael Sonnen 185lbs

Dan Henderson 185lbs

Gegard Mousasi 185lbs

Georges St. Pierre 178lbs

I think it would be in this order too.

Chael is obviously getting the next title shot' date=' but I don't think that will happen until January or February.

I think Henderson needs a big win over Shogun, I honest see him knocking Shogun out. From there he definitely needs a big fight at 185lbs because his last time there he had a terrible performance and blamed it on dropping so much weight, he needs to redeem that and show its different this time.

Gegard Mousasi, unless he's completely retarded and wants to keep losing by being outsized and outpowered he will drop back down to 185lbs, from there I'd think he'd only need 2-3 wins , St Preux is a huge win for a guy fighting at 185 in my books. His credentials as a striker with very good grappling, this would make for an insane fight. He better come to the UFC.

Then of course, I think Georges St Pierre will have had 3-5 defense by this time while I think Aldo will have lost, Frankie probably too, Jones too and maybe even Cain ( probably not Cain) and it it will be unquestioned who the two best fighters are in the sport, it will be Andersons last fight and he will be on the top of the world, time to make this one happen or theres something seriously wrong with Dana White, by whatever means I think Catchweight is best.

Thoughts?[/quote']

Chael -and Anderson Silva 2 needs to happen next for sure

Henderson- is trash at 185, hes too old. Id rather see him challenge at LHW

Mousasi - I dont think hes in Anderson Silva leauge, he needs some bigger wins

GSP - Way too scared to fight Anderson, He will go out for the Olympics b4 this fight ever happens

Anderson is just as afraid to fight Sonnen as GSP is to fight Silva .............

not sure how it will all shake out..but here are a few fighters i could se for silvas last 4 fights

sonnen rematch

belfort rematch

hendo rematch

pissping....because of pure ranking standings....but he will get pounded.

personally if i was silva i woudl tell them all to take a walk...he already beat all of them...he shoudl fight his fights the way he wants for the last 4 and retire champ.

The only one that should be in there based on pure rankings is pissping...and he is the only one that has not lost to silva...but...he will..lol

not sure how it will all shake out..but here are a few fighters i could se for silvas last 4 fights

sonnen rematch

belfort rematch

hendo rematch

pissping....because of pure ranking standings....but he will get pounded.

personally if i was silva i woudl tell them all to take a walk...he already beat all of them...he shoudl fight his fights the way he wants for the last 4 and retire champ.

The only one that should be in there based on pure rankings is pissping...and he is the only one that has not lost to silva...but...he will..lol

not in for seeing a belfort rematch.

If this is true then these are the 4 fights in order that I would like to see Anderson Silva have before he retires.

1. Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen 2 - (MW)

2. Anderson Silva vs Georges St-Pierre - (MW)

3. Anderson Silva vs Shogun Rua - (LHW)

4. Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones - (LHW)

if this is true then these are the 4 fights in order that i would like to see anderson silva have before he retires.

1. Anderson silva vs chael sonnen 2 - (mw)

2. Anderson silva vs georges st-pierre - (mw)

3. Anderson silva vs shogun rua - (lhw)

4. Anderson silva vs jon jones - (lhw)

+100

The Final Four of the Spider

1) Sonnen 2 (Let's see what happens)

Then if Silva wins this...

2) GSP at catchweight

If the guy stays champ, it's kinda hard to handpick right now who he should fight 1-2 years from now for his last match. The sooner a fight with GSP happens the better odds of Silva being in better shape for it.

Now if Silva loses in a big way to Sonnen, then the last two being pure style and star matchups, I'd want to see...

3) Cung Le

4) Stann

I don't think Hendo will be able to really compete. The guy is getting older and aside from a big right has little left. Stann has better overall striking ability than Hendo and would be the toughest guy mentally that would face Anderson on his feet and have an intelligent plan on how to challenge Silva.

Le's San Shou style could make for a VERY interesting fight with Anderson.

well if this holds up then my 4 would be 1.sonnen 2.dan henderson 3.michael bisping 4.gsp. i'll explain the order. sonnen should be first cuz dana wants that money maker bad and he's already looking to make it since hendo is fighting shogun,and (considering silva wins)the sonnen fight would clear their rivalry.now if silva and hendo both win then this fight would be most likely next cuz hendo has said he'd rather fight silva than for the lh title so that would prob be the next logical fight.bisping cuz eventually he would make his case assuming he keeps winning by this time and he is maybe the only name left for silva in the mw division that he hasnt beat yet so there would be a little hype based on that as bisping has said silva hasnt cleared the division until silva beats him.now if all those cards could fall and silva really had only 1 more fight it would def be gsp what better way to retire than to beat gsp in a superfight that ppl already think would determine the g.o.a.t, it would have to happen...to me the order (based on the way things look to be going and silva/the other guys continue to win)makes the most sense and is the most logical order cuz the sonnen fight (barring sumn crazy) willl happen and him fighting hendo or bisping last in his career wouldnt have the allure and hype like fighting gsp for g.o.a.t. status in his last fight would, but thats my pov whats yours?

Agree with carnage,

We need sonnen or sonnen bs vitor winner.

Then it's the long awaited gsp superfight at 185

Next he has to prove he can hang with a top 5 at 205 so shogun is next.

If he beats shogun then the final, most epic fight of his career is a fight with Johnny jones for the 205lb strap (of course assuming jones still has the title)

He definitely needs to fight Chael Sonnen again, that's a fight that needs to happen, and could actually help to further cement his legacy if he destroyed him.

After that, I'd like to see him fight the next middleweight who's coming after him at the time(I'm going to guess Dan Henderson, Michael Bisping, or Mayhem Miller should he beat Bisping).

In one of his last two fights, I think it goes without saying that I'd like to see him take on GSP. St. Pierre only has the opportunity as long as Silva is still around, and still almost unanimously considered the best fighter in the entire world, to move up in weight to fight him and be able to prove something. If he were to move up from his natural weight class to face Silva, who's not just heavier, but the best in the world, and beat him, then Georges could take the GOAT title away from Anderson and show that he's the best(which I think would be a ridiculous accomplishment; to not just surpass him after he retires, but to take it from him before he even does).

Then maybe Belcher or something.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/10/14/2489799/anderson-silva-retiring-after-four-more-fights-says-manager-ed-soares

that's alot more than I expected....

even if he lost all 4 of those fights' date=' I would still consider him goat....

for his last 4 fights, who would you like to see him fight?

mine are.

1. GSP

2. Sonnen

3. Bisping

4. Henderson

Doubt he will fight Jones because apparently they are friends and A.Silva also stated earlier hes done with LHW.[/quote']

i think its more interesting to see him fight :

1. bones

2. gsp

3. shogun

4. cain

Archived