Douglas Lima vs Rory MacDonald

Me_Against_The_World

As sick as Lima is' date=' I doubt he could handle McDonald.[/quote']

I think it would be a lot closer than expected, they are both ridiculously large Welterweights for 22 and 23 years of age. Striking, is hard to call Rorys freak reach of 76.5inches is quite fun but I don't think he has the power or confidence standing that Lima has, on the feet its really hard to call.

On the ground, I think Rory has the better wrestling and jiu jitsu, the better training, strength and athleticism. I would expect Rory to win, I just find this a very interesting fight and I am excited to see what Lima does to Saunders.

Bellator has so much unseen talent.

I think it would be a lot closer than expected' date=' they are both ridiculously large Welterweights for 22 and 23 years of age. Striking, is hard to call Rorys freak reach of 76.5inches is quite fun but I don't think he has the power or confidence standing that Lima has, on the feet its really hard to call.

On the ground, I think Rory has the better wrestling and jiu jitsu, the better training, strength and athleticism. I would expect Rory to win, I just find this a very interesting fight and I am excited to see what Lima does to Saunders.

[b']Bellator has so much unseen talent.[/b]

I agree with that. They have great talent but Lima isn't on MacDonalds level though imo.

Saunders has looked absolutely sick in Bellator soo far. His last performance was his most impressive. I think he will beat Lima. Saunders has great striking and he looked great off of his back in his last fight.

I agree with that. They have great talent but Lima isn't on MacDonalds level though imo.

Saunders has looked absolutely sick in Bellator soo far. His last performance was his most impressive. I think he will beat Lima. Saunders has great striking and he looked great off of his back in his last fight.

I hope we get to see a lot of exchanges between the two on the feet, on the ground I'm not awfully sure what it will look like Lima might be able to get takedowns, do very little and steal rounds which would bother me. I think thats the one terrible thing about tournaments, a win is simply a win in tournaments, dynamic knockout of the year or high dosage Fitch napping pill performance.

Ben shouldn't of been cut after losing two, he stepped up to fight Jon Fitch though and did the UFC a favor like a man,

I think it would be a lot closer than expected' date=' they are both ridiculously large Welterweights for 22 and 23 years of age. Striking, is hard to call Rorys freak reach of 76.5inches is quite fun but I don't think he has the power or confidence standing that Lima has, on the feet its really hard to call.

Bellator has so much unseen talent.[/quote']

now I agree.

Bellator's HW' date='FW, and BW division are the most intresting to me. Seems like every time I watch a Bellator HW fight theres a KO.:cool:

Oh yeah that would be an intresting match but Rory would own the octagon control like his buddy GSP[/quote']

A lot of note worthy guys for sure, would love to Lima and Ben Askren in the UFC, Patricio, Hector and Eddie too.

Bellator's HW' date='FW, and BW division are the most intresting to me. Seems like every time I watch a Bellator HW fight theres a KO.:cool:

Oh yeah that would be an intresting match but Rory would own the octagon control like his buddy GSP[/quote']

i could careless about those "Ben Rothwell" like Hws in Bellator

Archived