if shogun and jones were to fight again, how long would shogun last?

Big_Roy_Fan

well, we all know how badly shogun was beaten the first time, but im just wondering how bad would jones onslaught be the 2nd time. If shogun beats hendo i could see jones ducking rashad to fight shogun, and if they were to have a rematch jones would probably win by doctors stoppage (round 1 5:00) or possibly even a late 1st round TKO,

he already has shoguns number as he displayed in the first fight, and this time he would be even more comfortable at the start and would not wait to finish him in the 3rd like last time..

how would you guys see shogun-bones 2 going down?

I think Shogun would come into the fight in better shape and healed from his surgery obviously. I think Jones would finish him in the 4th round.

lol shogun wasn't in bad shape last time, he just got caught with a knee early on,

there are no articles anywhere saying shogun was in bad shape, and shogun himself admitted that knee caught him off guard and that it hurt him badly

I think honestly Shogun had no idea what to expect and hadn't fought anyone like him. Now he knows what he's up against and what he did wrong the first time. I'd expect him to make some adjustments and to knock Jones out. The same way that he did with Machida (without the contentious first fight)

The alarming statistic heading into the first fight with Jones was that Shogun had been taken down 16 out of the previous 18 takedown attempts on him. Let's not forget he was healthy for 3 full fights before that fight so it doesn't matter if he is healthy or not, he still gets taken down. Jones is one of the hardest fighters to defend takedowns against in the lhw division. Shogun is gonna get worn out every single time against Bones. Doesn't matter if he is in shape or not. That is a big man to be on top of you throwing bows. Jones will always win.

lol shogun wasn't in bad shape last time' date=' he just got caught with a knee early on,

there are no articles anywhere saying shogun was in bad shape, and shogun himself admitted that knee caught him off guard and that it hurt him badly[/quote']

Use ur eyes , Shogun got more muscle mass normaly and is leg got huge muscle . In this fight he look not in shape like he use to .

Shogun was not ready to fight i think the ufc force him ....

Use ur eyes ' date=' Shogun got more muscle mass normaly and is leg got huge muscle . In this fight he look not in shape like he use to .

Shogun was not ready to fight i think the ufc force him ....[/quote']

I repectfully disagree, You can be in excellent shape and have some fat on you. He has been fighting professionally for most of his life and has never looked big. Best case scenario he adds 10lbs of muscle and still gets manhandled by Jones. I dont think he will ever fight Jones again either.

Archived