Aldo will fight Edgar...

King_Can

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/10/14/2490901/jose-aldo-has-no-problems-taking-on-frankie-edgar

if the fight happens at 145...

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Aldo walks around heavier then Edgar when he doesnt cut weight because he apparently has had difficulty making 145 in the past...

would edgar's game be effected if he cut 10 pounds?

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/10/14/2490901/jose-aldo-has-no-problems-taking-on-frankie-edgar

if the fight happens at 145...

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think Aldo walks around heavier then Edgar when he doesnt cut weight because he apparently has had difficulty making 145 in the past...

would edgar's game be effected if he cut 10 pounds?

I think it would better Edgar to be more Lean, you can say he walks around 160 but he's about as lean at 160lbs as GSP is at 200lbs, he will train harder and get a little faster. There wont be too much of a difference, I don't think it could hurt though at all.

Only problem is, look at the average champions fight a year, if Edgar had 2 belts it could really slow down 2 divisions, is that worth it when you could make this fight a super fight at 150lbs catchweight?

This fight needs to happen though, two of the best in the game who are almost the exact same size, if not Aldo is larger wanting to fight eachother COME ON!

I think it would better Edgar to be more Lean' date=' you can say he walks around 160 but he's about as lean at 160lbs as GSP is at 200lbs, he will train harder and get a little faster. There wont be too much of a difference, I don't think it could hurt though at all.

[b']Only problem is, look at the average champions fight a year, if Edgar had 2 belts it could really slow down 2 divisions, is that worth it when you could make this fight a super fight at 150lbs catchweight? [/b]

This fight needs to happen though, two of the best in the game who are almost the exact same size, if not Aldo is larger wanting to fight eachother COME ON!

Edgar has expressed interest in pursuing Aldo's belt after he himself had a few more title defenses but Dana has already shot it down saying he would have to give up one belt immediately if he won two.

I would love to see this fight at 145.

Edgar has expressed interest in pursuing Aldo's belt after he himself had a few more title defenses but Dana has already shot it down saying he would have to give up one belt immediately if he won two.

I would love to see this fight at 145.

Edgar really shouldn't leave the most competitive division in the sport as a reigning champion to go fight in arguably the least competitive division in the sport.....thats moronic and ludicrous. I could see him holding both belts, or just facing Aldo at a catchweight, but I understand why they don't want to pursue it at a catchweight because if Aldo loses it will darken the interest of the 145 division badly and if Edgar loses it will just get very messy.

Its how it should happen in my eyes though, a catchweight fight probably around the end of 2012 if they both still hold their belts at 150lbs.

Edgar really shouldn't leave the most competitive division in the sport as a reigning champion to go fight in arguably the least competitive division in the sport.....thats moronic and ludicrous. I could see him holding both belts' date=' or just facing Aldo at a catchweight, but I understand why they don't want to pursue it at a catchweight because if Aldo loses it will darken the interest of the 145 division badly and if Edgar loses it will just get very messy.

Its how it should happen in my eyes though, a catchweight fight probably around the end of 2012 if they both still hold their belts at 150lbs.[/quote']

They're going to need Edgar to keep intrest in the FW division just like they did with Florian.

Archived