Will TUF produce another UFC Champion?

UFCDynasty

We've had Griffin and Evans win a belt but since then the TUF winners and cast are struggling to get to the top. Gray Maynard not even a TUF winner is the only one lately to even challenge for a belt. Is TUF wasting our time? Has all the unknown superstars been absorbed by the competiters? Discuss.:cool:

Dont think so....the talent has gone down hill...why is it

Maybe its cuz other promos are signing the talent be4 the show can

Maybe the trails to get into the house are flawed and the better guys dont get in

(victor odonnel is thought of as a better prospect then count mcgee....victor didnt make the show and court won the show)

Maybe the set up for the fight does not insure that the better talented guy wins

I dont know the answer but it is clear that the earler season fighters were leaps and bounds more talented then the last season

Dont think so....the talent has gone down hill...why is it

Maybe its cuz other promos are signing the talent be4 the show can

Maybe the trails to get into the house are flawed and the better guys dont get in

(victor odonnel is thought of as a better prospect then count mcgee....victor didnt make the show and court won the show)

Maybe the set up for the fight does not insure that the better talented guy wins

I dont know the answer but it is clear that the earler season fighters were leaps and bounds more talented then the last season

Very good assessment of the possible wrong doings. I agree with you! Are these guys looking for sob stories,reality star potential with average fighting skills(Junie,Team Dagger, the Wooh dude from last season)? Or are they looking for the best of the best fighters?

Season 1 without a doubt produced the most successful TUF cast ever. They actually went out and looked for the best fighters and recruited them to join the show.:cool:

Realistically Anderson would dance around Bisping for 2 mins and then knock him out.

Yeap! Bisping does not have the style to put Silva in any trouble. Their kinda the same, slow starters, move around alot and both very strong. Other than that Silva actually KO's people, Bisping sucks.:cool:

once the ufc starts doing tuf international i believe so...

matt serra also won a tuf season. out of all the tuf winners so far i think rashad has the best chance in winning the belt again someday (ko power & good wrestler)

Schooled by a junior........... Bah Yeap Matt Serra is another one too.

We've had Griffin and Evans win a belt but since then the TUF winners and cast are struggling to get to the top. Gray Maynard not even a TUF winner is the only one lately to even challenge for a belt. Is TUF wasting our time? Has all the unknown superstars been absorbed by the competiters? Discuss.:cool:

Tuf 10 we got Nelson and Mitrione....

Tuf 11 we get Noke and Mcgee..solid fighters

tuf 12 - best person out of there imo is Nam Phan - Brookins and Johnson are both pretty good too

tuf 13 - we get Ferguson who looks really good so far, Nijem who could do well, Bailey, and cope ( the upsets this guy is able to pull off is crazy )

Tuf isn't that type of show where it will produce a contender fast anymore. The UFC has evolved 10 fold since Tuf 1 and the competition is crazy deep.

They also get mostly new guys in there too and most aren't as experienced as most the people on the early TuFs ( with some exceptions of course )

Tuf is fine and i like the way they bring in fresh new fighters most of the time and see them improve over the years.

Tuf 10 we got Nelson and Mitrione....

Tuf 11 we get Noke and Mcgee..solid fighters

tuf 12 - best person out of there imo is Nam Phan - Brookins and Johnson are both pretty good too

tuf 13 - we get Ferguson who looks really good so far' date=' Nijem who could do well, Bailey, and cope ( the upsets this guy is able to pull off is crazy )

Tuf isn't that type of show where it will produce a contender fast anymore. The UFC has evolved 10 fold since Tuf 1 and the competition is crazy deep.

They also get mostly new guys in there too and most aren't as experienced as most the people on the early TuFs ( with some exceptions of course )

Tuf is fine and i like the way they bring in fresh new fighters most of the time and see them improve over the years.[/quote']

Mitrione could possibly get near or a title shot due to the fact the HW division is starting to look alittle sad.

Ferguson is my favorite fighter to come out of last season and I hope to see him climb up like Bader did but not flop like he did lol. Bailey, Cope, Nijem, McGee, and Noke are not gonna get even close to the title

Like someone else mentioned, I think we might see another TUF participant become a champ if they take TUF international and don't stubbornly keep it rooted in Vegas where they keep getting the same guys over and over trying for it...lots of overseas talent I'm sure can't afford to make the trek to try.

The tryout to get on the show are flawed imo (the pre screening be4 taping)

One guy who goes to my gym kevin killens tried out and was easy top 2 grappler there but his striking was not up to par

They told him come back when ur striking is better cuz we need more strikers....this was a few seasons ago

The tryout to get on the show are flawed imo (the pre screening be4 taping)

One guy who goes to my gym kevin killens tried out and was easy top 2 grappler there but his striking was not up to par

They told him come back when ur striking is better cuz we need more strikers....this was a few seasons ago

Makes you wonder how Shamar Bailey made it.

Makes you wonder how Shamar Bailey made it.

Because from what they have shown of those screenings, the striking is hitting pads. Guys might have some good technique hitting the pads but won't use it in a fight or are a lot worse striking in a fight where they have to defend and improvise. If someone looks bad hitting pads.....that's a very bad sign that they'll be horrible if they can't take someone down who is a good sprawl&brawl fighter.

*edit* UFC officials should probably NOT do those live tryout screenings. Go to video submissions and actually hunt guys that are in regional shows that look good instead of having TONS of hopefuls come to you and having to do a long screening process of them without actually seeing fight footage.

Archived