What is the worst injury you have ever suffered?

LegoPig

An ex girlfriend stabbed me in the leg with a potato knife' date=' [/b']that was quite bad. But i did punch someone who was standing on the other side of a window once and ended up with about 60 stitches in my arm and hands.

:eek: Ouch!!

Worst for me was when I had my arm hacked off, didn't hurt that much though, couple of painkillers did the trick ;)

I've ben remarkable fortunate in terms of injuries sustained, they've been quite mild considering how many "near miss" situations I've been in or the general lifestyle I lived at various points in my life. Aside from minor breaks (couple of bones in the foot, fingers, etc.) I've never had a major broken bone. Have a few scars from cuts, but to date I've received less than a dozen stitches from accidents. I had a double hernia which required surgery, but I was young enough to recover quite quickly. Dislocated my shoulder, but had an onsite medic pop it back in within a minute or two. A sprained ankle. I've done considerable damage to my back from years of gymnastics, ultimately I'm sure this will require the attention of a knife, but for now it's perfectly manageable.

All things considered, I've been quite lucky.

Broke my toe playing football outside the Reichstag (in Berlin) and when i was going through security to get my flight home some Krout security guard was padding me down and grabbed my foot. That **** hurt. And when i went argh he looked at me like i had a bomb or something!

I was putting a axle in a f-800 truck and the ***** wouldnt go in so I pushed it so hard my finger hit the metal stud and popped the bone right out of my middle finger. it was sticking out about a half inch. I pushed it back in. I was immediatlly in shock, I honestly didnt feel a thing, It started throbbing like 20 minutes later, got a pin put in and all is ok, that was like 15 years ago

Well, gal stones and the surgery to remove the ole gal bladder isn't an injury, I suppose.

Broke my foot and shredded the tendons in my ankle.

Tore my labrim and rotator cuff.

perferated (sp?) my ear drum twice.

Broken nose three time.....just had surgery on that.

But the best was probably when I got shot in the belly. Yeah, that sucked.

Well' date=' gal stones and the surgery to remove the ole gal bladder isn't an injury, I suppose.

But the best was probably when I got shot in the belly. Yeah, that sucked.[/quote']

I heard the gall stones are very painful.

I've been stabbed.

I've had a compound fracture

I've fallen off about a 5 foot height right onto my head and KO'd myself.

But the worst to date is that one time I had road rash... I was going like 45 down a steep slope on my skateboard, and I fell off, slid about 20 feet before I started rolling, banged myself up, fell off the side of the road into a ditch, and yep, it had to be a ditch with big, sharp rocks. Slammed my temple and my chest on it. My chest has always been weak boned as well.

I had to climb out of the hole, back onto the road, limp my half-awake body up the hill, and notify someone I got seriously hurt. I still have a scar on my hip, where I was grated the worst.

Well' date=' gal stones and the surgery to remove the ole gal bladder isn't an injury, I suppose.

But the best was probably when I got shot in the belly. Yeah, that sucked.[/quote']

Thats funny, almost every ex soldier I have ever talked to online has been shot too. It is like it is some sot of epidmic.

I was threatened with a knife once but I kept my cool

me too, one of my friends from primary school was vietnamese, and i went to his place, his cousin wanted my pokemon cards and held me at knife point, I called his bluff and he didn't kill me... lol **** that. these days i'd just hand them over but back then they meant something to me.

My worst injury is a fractured jaw in a drunken brawl, funny thing is i didn't get knocked out that time my jaw just acked a bit and I couldn't open it very far, maybe 5 - 10 mm. took 6 weeks to heal.

I guess my jaw absorbed the impact that time lol because I've been hit since, even knocked out once from a king hit and my jaw has been fine.

I also benched too much weight and psyched myself to go hard on it, i nearly pulled the weight towards my chest and while it's on the way down at speed I exploded up, the weak link was my shoulder and it almost gave way, but it held together... so i did 8 reps and stood up, instantly i could feal my shoulder wasn't right, that was 2 years ago and it's only just come good now.

Horses are awesome though.

it was actually kind of funny, I was going full tilt and it was raining, and the saddle just slipped. but when I fell off my horse stopped immediately and nudged me and was like "you okay buddy?"

A lot nicer than say a dirtbike where you fall off and it keeps going without you lol.

Partially torn ACL and lateral meniscus. Two seperate injuries both very painful.

The lateral meniscus one sounded like a carrot popping sound amplfied about ten times.

Don't know if any of you saw the jitz vid on youtube where the guy's forearm snaps from a

bicep slicer lock but it sounded very similar to that.

I also injured my lower back one time lifting weights and doing alot of leglifts on a bench. . Didn't even know i'd hurt myself till the next day. Still makes a popping sometimes when i warm-up doing twist and it's stiff sometimes in the morning.

An ex girlfriend stabbed me in the leg with a potato knife' date=' that was quite bad. But i did punch someone who was standing on the other side of a window once and ended up with about 60 stitches in my arm and hands.[/quote']

Holy ****! WTF man? What the hell was her problem? Sorry bro. I have been in a position where I was about to be shanked myself...by a preteen (damn bad-a** ill tempered little human...)

it was actually kind of funny' date=' I was going full tilt and it was raining, and the saddle just slipped. but when I fell off my horse stopped immediately and nudged me and was like "you okay buddy?"

A lot nicer than say a dirtbike where you fall off and it keeps going without you lol.[/quote']

But with a dirtbike, if it does something stupid, its because I told it too;)(No offence, huge animal lover!)

Fell off a rope swing landing on a log leg first. Leg twisted then snapped in two places just below the knee. 15 years later and my knee still gives me grief every now and then.

Ouch! Had something similer happen to me. When I was 9 yrs old, I had a tire swing (One rope) and my friend really had me going on. Got me up pretty fast and high, and he spun it and the rope rapped around my junk. Damn human....lol.

Over all, the most serious injury was when I was a teenager, I fell down some brick steps and landed straight on my a**. Felt a jolt go straight up my back. Back has never been quite the same since.

Had a dislocated tail bone as well. That was painful as ****. Couldn't sit properly for a good 6 weeks

Same thing. There's nothing you can do for it too. I remember sitting and standing both hurting, but the transition between the two was excruciating.

Other than that, clean bill of health.

Holy ****! WTF man? What the hell was her problem? Sorry bro. I have been in a position where I was about to be shanked myself...by a preteen (damn bad-a** ill tempered little human...)

She blamed hormones after having a baby, I just think she is batcrap crazy. Even before I met her she had anger problems, I should have avoided her when I seen all the scars on her wrists, but the truth is I was only 20 and horny and she 'was' very hot back then (looks a spitting image of Elizabeth Montgomery at the time, she is a moose now though). Didnt hang around for long after that. Good job my dad was a paramedic at the time.

Nothing too bad. I cut off the end of my left hand ring finger right at the top joint. I worked at a BBQ place in high school and was cutting up some ribs. I guess I wasn't paying attention and took off the end of my finger on the hand I was using to hold them still. The knife was so sharp that I just barely felt it. It didn't hurt at all. There was just a small flap of skin left holding it on. I wrapped it up with paper towels and drove myself home (pretty stupid considering the amount of blood I was losing), and then my dad drove me to the hospital about 30 miles away. I sat in the emergency room waiting area for about two hours, dripping blood all over the place, before they finally got me in to see a doctor. He sewed it back on and that was it. I still don't have any feeling in that part of my finger, but at least it's on there.

Nothing too bad. I cut off the end of my left hand ring finger right at the top joint. I worked at a BBQ place in high school and was cutting up some ribs. I guess I wasn't paying attention and took off the end of my finger on the hand I was using to hold them still. The knife was so sharp that I just barely felt it. It didn't hurt at all. There was just a small flap of skin left holding it on. I wrapped it up with paper towels and drove myself home (pretty stupid considering the amount of blood I was losing)' date=' and then my dad drove me to the hospital about 30 miles away. I sat in the emergency room waiting area for about two hours, dripping blood all over the place, before they finally got me in to see a doctor. He sewed it back on and that was it. I still don't have any feeling in that part of my finger, but at least it's on there.[/quote']

Did you sue them? I would have.

Did you sue them? I would have.

No. That's pretty much standard operating procedure for emergency rooms in the U.S. There are so many illegal immigrants (especially here in Texas) that don't have insurance that ERs are constantly flooded with them. They go to the ER for something as minor as a stomach virus or the flu just because the ER isn't allowed to turn anyone away, whereas a normal doctor's office can. Then they don't pay for the care they received, thus driving up the cost of medical care for the rest of us. It's a pretty crappy system.

Archived