This Sonnen/Silva bickering has got to stop...

Duke101

*****ing and whining on this forum is bad enough in regards to the mma world in general (bones, shogun, fedor, bisping, brock, gsp, etc). But its become toxic with these two guys.

Im a huge sonnen fan, not a big silva fan, and ill be rootin for chael if this rematch happens. It'll be a great fight! lots to talk about it before hand! But when I talk about these guys, heres a list of my discussion points/

1. has sonnen improved sub defense? 2. has silva improved td defense? 3. will a healthy ribbed silva make a difference? 4. will silva be able to knock him out this time before it goes the distance? 5. will sonnen be able to hold his own again standing as last time?

this are all great discussions we could be having. If anyone wants a big boy debate w one of these topics im all ears. but im tired of hearing "sonnen on roids" "silva is ducking sonnen" "sonnen is a criminal" "silva faked the rib injury" "sonnen crossed the line when he said blah blah blah".

bottom line, can we leave the shtick to sonnen and ed soares? that we grown ups on here can have logical mma discussions while keeping our sanity?

*****ing and whining on this forum is bad enough in regards to the mma world in general (bones' date=' shogun, fedor, bisping, brock, gsp, etc). But its become toxic with these two guys.

Im a huge sonnen fan, not a big silva fan, and ill be rootin for chael if this rematch happens. It'll be a great fight! lots to talk about it before hand! But when I talk about these guys, heres a list of my discussion points/

1. has sonnen improved sub defense? 2. has silva improved td defense? 3. will a healthy ribbed silva make a difference? 4. will silva be able to knock him out this time before it goes the distance? 5. will sonnen be able to hold his own again standing as last time?

this are all great discussions we could be having. If anyone wants a big boy debate w one of these topics im all ears. but im tired of hearing "sonnen on roids" "silva is ducking sonnen" "sonnen is a criminal" "silva faked the rib injury" "sonnen crossed the line when he said blah blah blah".

bottom line, can we leave the shtick to sonnen and ed soares? that we grown ups on here can have logical mma discussions while keeping our sanity?[/quote']

I think the stuff you are tired of is still relevant to the discussion, especially the rib injury, real or fake? That would make a huge difference in Silva's performance.

Anderson Silva did not have injured ribs BEFORE the fight with Chael Sonnen. He got them from the body punches while Sonnen was on top of him. I believe Chael even broke them. He may have had SORE ribs from training, but not INJURED. Big difference. Almost every MMA fighter every fight goes in with something slightly wrong/sore from sparring and training. It happens. But when you bring it up as an excuse, that's when people question your credibility. It was a miraculous comeback for Silva in the end against Chael, but once again....lightning will not strike twice. Anderson and Tito Ortiz have the same mentality when it comes to injuries. They just don't like feeling pain at all apparently. Get over it guys.

Anderson Silva did not have injured ribs BEFORE the fight with Chael Sonnen. He got them from the body punches while Sonnen was on top of him. I believe Chael even broke them. He may have had SORE ribs from training' date=' but not INJURED. Big difference. Almost every MMA fighter every fight goes in with something slightly wrong/sore from sparring and training. It happens. But when you bring it up as an excuse, that's when people question your credibility. It was a miraculous comeback for Silva in the end against Chael, but once again....lightning will not strike twice. [b']Anderson and Tito Ortiz have the same mentality when it comes to injuries.[/b] They just don't like feeling pain at all apparently. Get over it guys.

Oh come on thats rediculous to say.... Tito was making up excuses for ALL of his losses... Claiming that he couldnt train barely at all because of his injuries, that he wasnt half the man that he would be without injurues, that he had a fractured skull during one of his fights...

Anderson had a rib injury in ONE fight and the injury wasnt even brought up by him. Plus Anderson WON his fight. You cant compare those 2...

The thing that people need to get over is that Chael tapped out...he did a great job for most of the fight but he came up short. He didnt win. Period.

Rib injury or not' date=' it was plain to see that silva didn't look right in that fight even sonnen said so himself in the post press con. So for the next fight if sonnen's not roided up and silvas 100% it won't be the same fight.[/quote']

I disagree. Silva "didn't look like himself" because Sonnen isn't a fighter that takes time to find a rhythm. Silva depends on that to get his range, speed, etc.....Silva is amazing at reading another fighter and then reacting, if he gets a chance to do it. Sonnen didn't give him that. When they were standing Silva was moving and striking much like he normally does, but he hadn't had the chance to adjust first.

At least that's what I saw.

Rib injury or not' date=' it was plain to see that silva didn't look right in that fight even sonnen said so himself in the post press con. So for the next fight if sonnen's not roided up and silvas 100% it won't be the same fight.[/quote']

I dont know about that. We all saw what happened to BJ when he fought Frankie the 2nd time. The word on here was " BJ wont let Frankie dance around like that again" but it happened anyway. Sometimes the matchup is just bad for one guy. We will see if this rematch goes down and I hope it does.

Also, I love how the thread was initially about the discontonuation of the bickering, then it turns into bickering, lol!

I disagree. Silva "didn't look like himself" because Sonnen isn't a fighter that takes time to find a rhythm. Silva depends on that to get his range' date=' speed, etc.....Silva is amazing at reading another fighter and then reacting, if he gets a chance to do it. Sonnen didn't give him that. When they were standing Silva was moving and striking much like he normally does, but he hadn't had the chance to adjust first.

At least that's what I saw.[/quote']

What about when sonnen himself said silva seemed a "little off" in the press con.

Anderson Silva did not have injured ribs BEFORE the fight with Chael Sonnen. He got them from the body punches while Sonnen was on top of him. I believe Chael even broke them. He may have had SORE ribs from training' date=' but not INJURED. Big difference. Almost every MMA fighter every fight goes in with something slightly wrong/sore from sparring and training. It happens. But when you bring it up as an excuse, that's when people question your credibility. It was a miraculous comeback for Silva in the end against Chael, but once again....lightning will not strike twice. Anderson and Tito Ortiz have the same mentality when it comes to injuries. They just don't like feeling pain at all apparently. Get over it guys.[/quote']

Thank you, Doctor Beerslayer.

Archived