5 fights id love to see in 2012

Hurzy

Alverez vs Melendez KO strikes

Jones vs Evans Decision

Hioki vs Aldo Hiokis only chance is on the ground. Id pick Aldo via TKO strikes

Overeem vs Dos Santos Overeem via TKO GnP

Cerrone vs Pettis I cant predict this one. I just think it would be a great fight.

Anyone else have dream match ups for 2012?

Jones vs Evans Decision

Cerrone vs Pettis I cant predict this one. I just think it would be a great fight.

Alvarez vs Melendez- Too close to honestly call.

Jones vs Evans- Evans decision.

Hioki vs Aldo- Aldo, but I think Hioki is a real chance to beat Aldo and even give him troubles standing, I want to see this fight.

Overeen vs Junior- I have Junior (T)KO, dropping Overeem and finishing.

Cerrone vs Pettis- I think Cerrone is literally better everywhere, Cerrone would win.

Dos Santos would destroy Overeem. Wouldn't even be close.

I repectfully dissagree. Dos Santos has really good boxing, but Overeem is a K1 champ... His hands alone may not be better technically than Overeems, but his overall stand-up is better and he has just as much if not more power.

In the clinch he is better than JDS, and its hard to say whos better on the ground because JDS never goes there...but Im guessing Overeem is. And even though JDS has fought Carwin, Overeem would be the strongest fighter that JDS has ever faced...not because he is physically stronger than Carwin cause I think Carwin would be dead even or even stronger than Overeem in a weightlifting contest. I just think that Overeem is a more intelligent vet than Carwin and knows how to use his strength more effectively than Carwin.

Either guy could win, but I think that Overeem will if they fight.

I repectfully dissagree. Dos Santos has really good boxing' date=' but Overeem is a K1 champ... His hands alone may not be better technically than Overeems, but his overall stand-up is better and he has just as much if not more power.

In the clinch he is better than JDS, and its hard to say whos better on the ground because JDS never goes there...but Im guessing Overeem is. And even though JDS has fought Carwin, Overeem would be the strongest fighter that JDS has ever faced...not because he is physically stronger than Carwin cause I think Carwin would be dead even or even stronger than Overeem in a weightlifting contest. I just think that Overeem is a more intelligent vet than Carwin and knows how to use his strength more effectively than Carwin.

Either guy could win, but I think that Overeem will if they fight.[/quote']

K1 striking isn't the same as MMA striking. If you watched the Werdum fight you'd see that.

K1 striking isn't the same as MMA striking. If you watched the Werdum fight you'd see that.

Its not the same but having k1 striking does mean something. You cant deny that a fighter with k1 level striking and a ground game dont make for a really dangerous fighter.Overeem wont have to worry about JDS pulling gaurd or diving at his feet for 15 minutes...

Its not the same but having k1 striking does mean something. You cant deny that a fighter with k1 level striking and a ground game dont make for a really dangerous fighter.Overeem wont have to worry about JDS pulling gaurd or diving at his feet for 15 minutes...

doesn't matter once brock rapes him he wont want to fight anymore

doesn't matter once brock rapes him he wont want to fight anymore

Interesting combination...Mir is your av. pic. but your a Lesnar fan.

Anyways, I will admit im interested to see how Overeem handles Lesnars TD attempts cause Im pretty sure that will be Lesnars gameplan again, but TDs are Lesnars only chance IMO...

I see Lesnar vs. Overeem ending the same way for Lesnar that his fight vs Cain ended in...only I think that he will take a little more abuse before the fight ends.

Thats just my opinion though...

Pat Barry is a K1 level striker, Mark Hunt is a K1 level striker, Antoni Hardonk too. And they've all been knocked the hell out standing in MMA fights.

I'm just saying that Overeem hasn't shown his striking prowess against other good strikers in MMA since his apparent leap in skill.

Ofcourse you have to be a very good striker to win the K1, but I really think that JDS's striking is MUCH more effective for MMA.

1. Palhares vs. Maia

2. Sonnen vs. Bisping

3. Alves vs. Rumble

4. Palhares vs. Belcher

5. Overeem vs. Jds

Id love to see the bolded fights....I dont know why the UFC hasnt already put Palhares vs Maia against each other. That might be one of the best battle of styles in the UFC.

1. Palhares vs. Maia

2. Sonnen vs. Bisping

3. Alves vs. Rumble

4. Palhares vs. Belcher

5. Overeem vs. Jds

Change #4 to Belfort vs. Belcher and you have the list I was about to post. I'd throw in Pettis vs. Barboza too. And maybe Cerrone vs. Miller. And Cro Cop vs. Hunt in Japan. OK, I'll stop there.

Thats because Overeem was defending the TD the whole time, if Overeem became agressive and started throwning at Werdum he would of gotten taken down and subbed, and then you guys would of come on here and said "Overeem sucks he has not TDD or grappling"

Thats because Overeem was defending the TD the whole time' date=' if Overeem became agressive and started throwning at Werdum he would of gotten taken down and subbed, and then you guys would of come on here and said "Overeem sucks he has not TDD or grappling"[/quote']

Since Overeem's move up to heavyweight, in which fight has he shown off his K1 champion level striking? And don't say the Brett Rogers fight because he's not worthy of the tires he changes.

Pat Barry is a K1 level striker' date=' Mark Hunt is a K1 level striker, Antoni Hardonk too. And they've all been knocked the hell out standing in MMA fights.

I'm just saying that Overeem hasn't shown his striking prowess against other good strikers in MMA since his apparent leap in skill.

Ofcourse you have to be a very good striker to win the K1, but I really think that JDS's striking is MUCH more effective for MMA.[/quote']

Thats a good point but Barry, Hunt, and Hardonk dont have anything at all on the ground and their striking inherently suffers from that. At least Overeem knows what hes doing down there...I dont think Overeems problem is striking against other good strikers...its striking against guys who pull guard or go for TDs constantly...He hasnt lost a fight since 2007 either..

I guess the main reason that I think Overeems striking is better is because he can mix in good low kicks and really good knees with his striking and with those dimensions added, I think hes just a little better than JDS standing. But Im not taking anything away from JDS. He has great boxing.

By the way, Overeem would dominate all of those guys in K1 fight IMO...

Id love to see the bolded fights....I dont know why the UFC hasnt already put Palhares vs Maia against each other. That might be one of the best battle of styles in the UFC.

Joe silva normaly likes to keep the #1 and #2 guys aways from eachother in a certain skill set unless a belts on the line

Mir vs. Nog..belt

Gsp vs. Kos...belt

Change #4 to Belfort vs. Belcher and you have the list I was about to post. I'd throw in Pettis vs. Barboza too. And maybe Cerrone vs. Miller. And Cro Cop vs. Hunt in Japan. OK' date=' I'll stop there.[/quote']

yah i want to see belfort vs. Belcher aswell but im not so sure belcher is ready for him yet and im a big belcher fan

Jones vs Evans Decision

Anyone else have dream match ups for 2012?

Alvarez vs. Melendez, probably Melendez but I'd be rooting for Alvarez

Jones vs. Evans, Jones by decision or sub

Hioki vs. Aldo, Aldo for the same reason you stated

Overeem vs. Dos Santos, Dos Santos by decision

Cerrone vs. Pettis, Cerrone by decision or TKO

Since Overeem's move up to heavyweight' date=' in which fight has he shown off his K1 champion level striking? And don't say the Brett Rogers fight because he's not worthy of the tires he changes.[/quote']

Duffee...and come on man, you have to admit the way he tossed around Rodgers was pretty impressive.

Joe silva normaly likes to keep the #1 and #2 guys aways from eachother in a certain skill set unless a belts on the line

Mir vs. Nog..belt

Gsp vs. Kos...belt

yah i want to see belfort vs. Belcher aswell but im not so sure belcher is ready for him yet and im a big belcher fan

That makes no sense...why would he do that?

And I'd like to see the following:

Melvin Guillard vs. Pettis or Guida or Bendo

Cain Velasquez vs. Overeem

Alan Belcher vs. Vitor Belfort

Vitor Belfort vs. Chris Leben

Rampage vs. Forrest Griffin 2

Any of those would be good fights imo...especially Guillard vs Pettis. But Im not sure if Belcher is ready for Belfort. It would be a good fight to watch while it lasted, but I just dont think Belfort is a good match for Belcher.

Any of those would be good fights imo...especially Guillard vs Pettis. But Im not sure if Belcher is ready for Belfort. It would be a good fight to watch while it lasted' date=' but I just dont think Belfort is a good match for Belcher.[/quote']

That's my #1 haha I'd love to see that fight.

And I don't think Belcher would win, but I still think it would be a fun fight to watch because Belcher is a warrior, he doesn't give up

That makes no sense...why would he do that?

Cuz its bout marketing....if there is a clear number 1 at a skill its hard to market the number 2 guy after that....here how its done now

Maia to me is the better pure bjj guy and he is marketed as the best bjj guy at mw and what do u hear bout palhares "the most feared bjj guy at mw" which is like calling him number 1....i think its dumb aswell but i see why one would do this

If overeem beats brock but jds loses to cain...those two would not fight unless its for a belt....watch

Cuz its bout marketing....if there is a clear number 1 at a skill its hard to market the number 2 guy after that....here how its done now

Maia to me is the better pure bjj guy and he is marketed as the best bjj guy at mw and what do u hear bout palhares "the most feared bjj guy at mw" which is like calling him number 1....i think its dumb aswell but i see why one would do this

If overeem beats brock but jds loses to cain...those two would not fight unless its for a belt....watch

hmm..it makes sense that they keep fights that the fans would like to see reserved for later dates, but not putting guys up against each other because they are the best in their martial art makes no sense. Everyone in the ufc is there to show that they are the best, or?

I hope they decide to make Maia vs. Palhares sooner than later!!

hmm..it makes sense that they keep fights that the fans would like to see reserved for later dates' date=' but not putting guys up against each other because they are the best in their martial art makes no sense. Everyone in the ufc is there to show that they are the best, or?

I hope they decide to make Maia vs. Palhares sooner than later!![/quote']

Plus the would always rather do striker vs. Striker or grappler vs. Striker more then grappler vs. Grappler anyday of the week but this is a fight that needs to happen

OchoCinco vs Kurt Angle

Tank Abbott vs Kimbo Slice Part 2

Ken Shamrock vs Frank Shamrock

Charlie Sheen vs Ashton Kutcher

Chael Sonnen vs any 2 MWs at the same time

Both of the bolded ones need to be main events for the next big UFCs....ufc150 can be Ochocinco vs. Angle and UFC 200: Sheen vs Kutcher.

Id go with Ochocinco and Sheen by the way...

Archived