Who does Frankie Edgar fight next

DCLOBO

1. Winner of Guida vs. Henderson. I personally believe that Henderson is going to beat Guida pretty comfortably. Guida's lifeline for winning against top guys are his TDs, and I dont see him being able to take Henderson down very easily, and theres no way he will be able to hold him there.

2. Dennis Siver. I made a thread about this already and I know there are a lot of people who would disagree with me, but given the fact that Guillard lost to Lauzon, this is the most likely fight. IF Siver beats Cerrone, and that is a big IF, I think he will get the shot. But I wouldnt mind seeing him fight another top contender even if he beats Cerrone. I guess its just based on when the next guy would be able to fight.

3. Melendez. I dont think the LW title will be on the line until 2012, but im pretty sure Melendez just signed a new deal with SF. Im not sure how many fights he signed for, but he is set to defend his SF title at least 1 more time, so it will be a while before he comes to the UFC.

Personally, I think that the winner of Guida vs. Henderson desrves the next shot, but at the same time, I dont think Melendez should have to fight in a number 1 contender fight. So, depending on their availability, I think that the winner of #1 should get the 1st shot, fallowed by Siver if he wins and Melendez isnt available.

Clay Guida. Best chin and cardio in the division.

After last weekend, I think we all know who has the best chin and cardio in the LW division.

I don't even think it's close.

Henderson's next, almost definitely. Unless Dana sees the video where Edgar and Alvarez say they'd never want to fight each other.

Melendez is so overrated, will be Henderson or Clay but I think Clay isn't as good of a fighter as Henderson but I refuse to count Guida out. Back to Melendez, how do people rank him so high? Please enlighten me on why he is "soo good" His stand up is like Lenard Garcia and his ground game is good at best. He's not very fast or powerful, and he hasn't had a decent win in his carrer accept an early split over Guida years ago. He's being Jake shields'd and will be one hell of a gate keeper in the UFC

I can,t beleive how many people were saying guillard, bendo looks the best right now, i think guida is royally screwed in that fight. I don,t see guida getting him down much in that fight , bendo should murder him on his feet. Melendez is awsome ,but he needs at least one top 5 ufc opponent first. People will laugh , but i think pettis in a couple years.he is well rounded , i think he learned his lesson with guida, his wresling is already improving , he,s training with that ****y sob ben askren, having said that frankie rocks, i will root for him against all

I wish Aldo would move up and fight him. That would be a great fight. Then Melendez (assuming he beats Masvidal) could fight the Bendo/Guida winner for the next shot. Cerrone would probably be next in line after that.

I agree that Aldo should move up before Frankie moves down, maybe start a trend of fighting in one's natural weight class. But I don't see it happening. Bendo/Guida likely gets next shot. I don't think Frankie will get (or wants) another 9-month break.

Cerrone/Diaz would be a great fight for top contender going forward (assuming Cerrone gets past Siver). Melendez is still a big ? in my book.

----------------------------------

The Answer Rules

Archived