The Big Question.........

King_Can

I am aware on the countless threads that have been made on Anderson vs Pierre...

I'm not asking who is going who would win...

I want to know why the **** has this fight not happend yet?

I am aware that Dana wants to keep his 2 golden boys winning, but cmon now, He is supposed to put on fights for the fans AND hes been saying since ATLEAST ufc 100 that this fight is close to happening, but it just keeps getting pushed to the side.... (I can prove links if anyone wants to challenge me on that.)

Anderson is getting old

GSP is losing marketability

I've heard them both say they want it to happen, and then other times I've heard them say they weren't interested in the fight aswell.

It's now or never, because if one of them loses, the interest in this fight is gone and then Zuffa can no longer put on the biggest mma fight in history.

rant over

Sorry to say this fight is pointless in my mind and does not interest me at all would be a rather boring fight and there are much better super fights to be made this fight is just like Silva vs Damian so there will be just alot of jocking for position(dancing) so they can take the fight where they want.

Sorry to say this fight is pointless in my mind and does not interest me at all would be a rather boring fight and there are much better super fights to be made this fight is just like Silva vs Damian so there will be just alot of jocking for position(dancing) so they can take the fight where they want.

this is exactly why It should happen as soon as possible.

so everyone doesn't think of it like this ^^^

GSP vs Anderson doesn't need to happen, that's why. It's not interesting. I don't think GSP would stand a chance and that's another reason I don't wanna see it. Do you really think Matt Serra or Matt Hughes would have beaten Anderson Silva even by accident in 100 fights? No, they are not on the same level and this is coming from a Team Sonnen fan. GSP better never move up in weight if he wants to keep his "legacy". BROCK SMASH!

If GSP gets by Condit and Diaz/Penn, and Anderson gets by Sonnen and whoever (Hendo?), I see Dana finally pulling the trigger on this one.

Apparently, Dana has never even sat down and talked about the fight with either of the guys. It has all been speculation and anticipation. Last we heard from Mr. White, he said that both guys have about two more fights to go and if they're both successful, "it's gonna be tough not to make that fight."

We'll see.

If GSP gets by Condit and Diaz/Penn' date=' and Anderson gets by Sonnen and whoever (Hendo?), I see Dana finally pulling the trigger on this one.

Apparently, Dana has never even sat down and talked about the fight with either of the guys. It has all been speculation and anticipation. Last we heard from Mr. White, he said that both guys have about two more fights to go and if they're both successful, "it's gonna be tough not to make that fight."

We'll see.[/quote']

but then by the time he has beaten Condit and Penn/Diaz (which he will), the Penn/Diaz fight will probably be like January/February, then by then Ellenberger will have gotten past Sanchez and probably be next in line, then you have Fitch and also MacDonald

the fight would have been perfect after the Koscheck fight and after the Belfort fight, were barely any challengers for either men

In boxing ALL of the great fighters move up. Maybe MMA is just too new for fighters to take the chance.If you blame GSP' date=' you also have to blame Anderson Silva.[/quote']

Blame Silva for what? not moving up to LHW? Well his reason for not moving up anymore is because he is responsible for the 185lb belt. And Jones has no CLEARED his division to deserve a super fight.

GSP and Anderson have cleared their divisions which is why GSP should move up.

And of course he is going to bring up the weight disadvantage, well we didn't hear him talk about him being bigger than Penn? He credits training and stuff but he doesn't say once that " o i was bigger than Penn so maybe that played a big factor, and also i was greased up"

Blame Silva for what? not moving up to LHW? Well his reason for not moving up anymore is because he is responsible for the 185lb belt. And Jones has no CLEARED his division to deserve a super fight.

And of course he is going to bring up the weight disadvantage' date=' well we didn't hear him talk about him being bigger than Penn? He credits training and stuff but he doesn't say once that " o i was bigger than Penn so maybe that played a big factor, and also i was greased up"[/quote']

u mad bro? yeah , you mad! :D:D

And of course he is going to bring up the weight disadvantage' date=' well we didn't hear him talk about him being bigger than Penn? He credits training and stuff but he doesn't say once that " o i was bigger than Penn so maybe that played a big factor, and also i was greased up"[/quote']

Silva could always move down, the argument is true for both. And Penn called out GSP, so there is no excuse. Did BJ not know GSP was bigger?

Would be a good fight but it makes no sense' date=' the problem is fans never look at it from a business point of view which is what the ufc has to do. So the debate goes on and on and on.........[/quote']

fans are the people who buy the ppv's which funds the buisness , so a superfight would get wayyyy more ppv buys then anderson toying with another opponent or gsp dominating someone and making them look like a child in a mans game

fans are the people who buy the ppv's which funds the buisness ' date=' so a superfight would get wayyyy more ppv buys then anderson toying with another opponent or gsp dominating someone and making them look like a child in a mans game[/quote']

Yes for one fight you are correct, however the loser would not maintain the marketably at the same level they previously. So they'd lose out in the long run.

Let's say Gsp moves up and beats silva, what then? If he moves back down that makes a mockery of the 185 division and Gsp wouldnt stay at 185 and vice versa with silva.

Champion v champion fights would be great but they just won't happen. If Dana thought it was a good idea it would've been done by now, he knows it's what the fans want but he sees the bigger picture $$.

GSP said around 1 1/2 years ago something like this:

"If (when) i move ut to MW it will be for good. I will put on the weight correctly and stay at MW"

This means:

GSP will not move up as long as there are fights at WW he still wants (Condit and Diaz).. Because when he does move up, he will not come back down..

There are two fighters that jump between weight classses and that is BJ and Hendo.. And both has had some abd defeats because they are to slow/light/drained/whatever..

This fight will not ever happen.

In boxing ALL of the great fighters move up. Maybe MMA is just too new for fighters to take the chance.If you blame GSP' date=' you also have to blame Anderson Silva.[/quote']

How would we blame Anderson Silva? He fought in three different weight classes. GSP has fought in only one. He has made it clear that if he was to move up he would have to do it properly, in other words, it is not going to happen. The only reason GSP vs. A. Silva fight hasn't happened is because GSP will not move up to fight him.

The fight would be good, but honestly I don't care much to see it. I love GSP and Silva. People would call the loser a can, the losers fans would fight back. It would be a never ended flame war. But forums aside, it still doesn't make all that much sense. Anderson, if he beats Chael again, would have arguably cleared out the middleweights.

Gsp however, has not. As previously stated, he still has Condit, then the Penn/Diaz Winner, then Ellenburger if he wins, by that time, the Macdonald/Ebersole winner would have probably won another fight or two, and would be deserving of a shot. And then still after that, who knows what would have happened to the division.

Yes for one fight you are correct' date=' however the loser would not maintain the marketably at the same level they previously. So they'd lose out in the long run.

Let's say Gsp moves up and beats silva, what then? If he moves back down that makes a mockery of the 185 division and Gsp wouldnt stay at 185 and vice versa with silva.

Champion v champion fights would be great but they just won't happen. If Dana thought it was a good idea it would've been done by now, he knows it's what the fans want but he sees the bigger picture $$.[/quote']

yeah, your probably right about that if they had that fight now, but in my earlier post i said i think they should do it for andersons last fight, because he said recently hes only going to have 4 more fights in the ufc

Silva could always move down' date=' the argument is true for both. And Penn called out GSP, so there is no excuse. Did BJ not know GSP was bigger?[/quote']

exactly, because BJ has the balls to call out the champ above him, unlike some champion who claims he wants to be known as the best p4p fighter but does not want to go achieve that, his not even trying to finish his fights at 170 let alone risk going up to 185 and get KTFO

The fight would be good' date=' but honestly I don't care much to see it. I love GSP and Silva. People would call the loser a can, the losers fans would fight back. It would be a never ended flame war. But forums aside, it still doesn't make all that much sense. Anderson, if he beats Chael again, would have arguably cleared out the middleweights.

Gsp however, has not. As previously stated, he still has Condit, then the Penn/Diaz Winner, then Ellenburger if he wins, by that time, the Macdonald/Ebersole winner would have probably won another fight or two, and would be deserving of a shot. And then still after that, who knows what would have happened to the division.[/quote']

this post is awesome^^

i think its going to be extremley hard for gsp to move up because the ww division has ALWAYS got contenders, theres people who are a 1 or 2 fights away from a title shot like mcdonald,fitch,diaz,penn, ebersole, rumble, etc

Archived