How does Brock deserve Overeem?

Buzz_Kill

You can turn the tables and ask, why does Overeem deserve Brock? SF Champion is no big accolade, all things considered. He crushed a can, gassed out on a decision win over a UFC reject, couldn't finish the tournament over there, and he gets a former UFC champion? lol

When it comes down to it, this is just a great fight. It's gonna make money and it's gonna be a ton of fun. Everybody wins.

Seriously, who is either guy gonna fight that's gonna be as exciting as them fighting each other? Who else deserves to be thrown into this equation? Frank Mir? Big Nog? Shane Carwin? Gimme a break, the HW division isn't that deep.

Brock just verbally submitted to strikes thank's to Cain.

Now he's fighting a SF HW champion in Alistair Overeem....don't think so' date=' son. Get to the back of the line before you fight the SF HW champ![/quote']

its more like a circus show.fans just love to see brock gets destroyed.

They are perfectly deserving. Anytime its "Puncher" vs "wrestler", wrestler wins. Of course, Overeem is not just a puncher.

I do think this is a great matchup. I am actually kind of excited for it.

While Overeem may be the SF champ, that does not really mean much. He looked sloppy against Werdum.

Meanwhile, Lesnar looked bad against Cain. Great fight.

They are perfectly deserving. Anytime its "Puncher" vs "wrestler"' date=' wrestler wins. Of course, Overeem is not just a puncher.

I do think this is a great matchup. I am actually kind of excited for it.

While Overeem may be the SF champ, that does not really mean much. He looked sloppy against Werdum.

Meanwhile, Lesnar looked bad against Cain. Great fight.[/quote']

Liddell KTFO a lot of wrestlers. JDS dominates wrestlers. I think this fight depends on how far Brock is able to comeback physically from his illness.

A pic of Nick on your account says that you never had enough money to buy UFC but you have Showtime.

Both of these fighters have been sold and unproven. Just like Fedor, Silva, Kimbo Slice (etc.)

Brock was only good because the UFC parted ways to sell him. Notice all of the long term HW's were kicked just before he came in? Then all of a sudden Frank Mirr was a somebody? They were talking that Brock was one of the best of all time when he beat the Texas Crazyhorse....that cat sucks!

What I am getting at is that fighters are sold. Brock was a recognized name and the UFC took advantage of that.

Overeem has never proven himself either. Tell me on top MMA athlete Overeem has ever faced and/or beat. No one. Bas says he is number one, but also admits it is because they are friends.

I hate Brock, he is an overrated panzy that was Sold by the UFC, but he has actually proven himself against better MMA opponents than Overeem. Remember, Liddell KO'd Overeem..in round 1 in '03. Just sayin.

Liddell KTFO a lot of wrestlers. JDS dominates wrestlers. I think this fight depends on how far Brock is able to comeback physically from his illness.

True. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "Always", that was silly of me. but, you know what I mean. Usually wrestlers control the place the fight takes place. And that is a huge advantage. My bad on the silly wording though.

Who has JDS fought that's well known for their great wrestling? Carwin? LOL' date=' that guy probably has used his wrestling for 20 years. He just goes in there to strike.[/quote']

Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin are both great and accomplished wrestlers/takedown artists, Junior stuffed all of their takedowns and scored some on his own behalf.

Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin are both great and accomplished wrestlers/takedown artists' date=' Junior stuffed all of their takedowns and scored some on his own behalf.[/quote']

Roy is just a fat 205er, I don't see stopping his takedowns as anything special and Carwin rarely even uses his wrestling for offense. Juniors hasn't fought someone known for their great takedowns, so his TDD hasn't been tested properly imo. and he only took Carwin down after he beat the crap out of him and had him tired.

Now he's fighting a SF HW champion in Alistair Overeem....don't think so' date=' son. Get to the back of the line before you fight the SF HW champ![/quote']

Even Cain said he did not tap in the post press so idk what your talking about. Frank said he tapped because it's Mir, he always talks ****.

What ever you say about brock Lesnar. he is the No.3 HW in the ufc. you can't add overeem untill actually fights somebody (Lesnar) .

any of the top 3 HW's can beat anyone in the divison. the difference in skill and technique is so vast in the division.

+ you have to take Carwin out of the equation because he has to have major back surgery that could end his carrer

What ever you say about brock Lesnar. he is the No.3 HW in the ufc. you can't add overeem untill actually fights somebody (Lesnar) .

any of the top 3 HW's can beat anyone in the divison. the difference in skill and technique is so vast in the division.

+ you have to take Carwin out of the equation because he has to have major back surgery that could end his carrer

True and JDS is yet to show he is better than Brock.

Overeem lol

How can you add Overeem when he hasn't fought anyone in the UFC and has only been fighting UFC rejects like Werdum.

He gassed in thatsnoozefest of a fight against Werdum.

Im not saying he can't beat brock. but you cant add someone who has not fought anybody in the UFC.

How can you add Overeem when he hasn't fought anyone in the UFC and has only been fighting UFC rejects like Werdum.

Im not saying he can't beat brock. but you cant add someone who has not fought anybody in the UFC.

but you want to put someone who hasn't fought in over a year and hast won in a year and a half, at # 3 LOL

but you want to put someone who hasn't fought in over a year and hast won in a year and a half, at # 3 LOL

I agree with the sentiment that Brock's condition will be biggest factor in the fight. For pete's sake, he's saying he's "like new" but we all know how that goes. He had major surgery - a surgery which many athletes never come back from. I could see a 240lb Brock showing up for the fight and getting tossed around like Overeem v. Brett Rogers before getting finished. I could also see the old cuts-to-make-265 Brock back and taking the fight to the ground right away. He looked pretty small in that wrasslin' video game promo. Two months is not a lot of time to put on a ton of muscle mass.

Because it's simple you Nub, Horsemeat is a bigger can than Bork.Diaz is a *****.

Whatever dude, This is a great and exciting fight. Just because you like one better than the other doesn't mean your favorite is gonna win. If Reem can't stop the takedowns or at least get back to his feet, he will be in trouble, but if he can, Brock is in alot of trouble. Not to mention Reems subs. Brock ONLY has wrestling and size and speed. NO striking, and he certainly can't take a punch, and no BJJ. Hopefully he has been working tirelessly on his striking because it would be a shame if he wasn't able to evolve and continue to be great. Reem is good, even though the term "can crusher" exists.

Archived