Which sport has the fittest/strongest/best athletes?

LegoPig

Being a former gymnast I will say it was the most demanding athletic activity I've ever personally done. However, I find any competition in terms of toughness to be of purely subjective and qualitative in nature. It's an extension of the often brought up "Would Sports Star X be good at Sport Y?" Each athletic competition demands their own set skills and abilities. Personally, as I mentioned prior, the most difficult sport I ever engaged in was gymnastics, but that is only in my limited experience - and for what it's worth, it's the sport I loved competing in the most.

Being a former gymnast I will say it was the most demanding athletic activity I've ever personally done. However' date=' I find any competition in terms of toughness to be of purely subjective and qualitative in nature. It's an extension of the often brought up "Would Sports Star X be good at Sport Y?" Each athletic competition demands their own set skills and abilities. Personally, as I mentioned prior, the most difficult sport I ever engaged in was gymnastics, but that is only in my limited experience - and for what it's worth, it's the sport I loved competing in the most.[/quote']

Just been watching it on BBC 2. I couldnt imagine the strength, balance and endurance it would take to do the rings and parallel bars. Did you do all that type of stuff?

He does' date=' sometimes

Nick Diaz is a beast although he doesn't look like it, GSP is also a beast, that's why I'd love to see them fight[/quote']

Doesn't he smoke too? I can't see how someone who smokes would have the lungs for such an event. or is him smoking just an urban legend?

Just been watching it on BBC 2. I couldnt imagine the strength' date=' balance and endurance it would take to do the rings and parallel bars. Did you do all that type of stuff?[/quote']

Yes. Though full disclosure I was terrible at parallel bars and struggled with it for the entirety of my years competing. And in fairness, you are watching the creme de la creme of Level 1 performers (or at least the equivalent - in America, private clubs or gymnastic facilities, male competitors move from level 8 to level 1). I made it to level 4 before leaving in favor of performing arts (primarily acting). So I was no where near their skill level or proficient enough to attempt their moves. And for what it's worth, I knew I was never going to get there...I excelled early but really stalled in the later years, and to put it bluntly, I didn't have that "x factor" that all top level athletes have. I predict if I had stuck with it I might have made it to level 2, but it's unlikely I ever would have been truly competitive and at best would have simply hung in there.

Its a hard question. Overall probley gymnastics. But for the most part they are little people. I think if your talking about big people. 240 or more. Youd find football basketball and some rugby players to be the most athletic. Mma has alot of fit guys too but really to me it only seems to be the top level guys that come to mind. Like gsp. Faber. Guilard. Lesnar. Bones. Where as in the other sports theres so many athelets

Nah I find it hard to believe he can smoke anything and win ironman events and be allowed to fight for the UFC if he used illegal drugs.

Marijuana opens up your airways. The only real damage is the tar from the papers and the heat of the smoke, then again I doubt he uses papers.

Marijuana opens up your airways. The only real damage is the tar from the papers and the heat of the smoke' date=' then again I doubt he uses papers.[/quote']

Inhaling smoke is never good for you. Smoke is actually small particles of the burning material, which is deposited in the lungs when inhaled.

Inhaling smoke is never good for you. Smoke is actually small particles of the burning material' date=' which is deposited in the lungs when inhaled.[/quote']

Yeah I agree to an extent. If the smoke goes through a filter like ice cold water though, I honestly don't think much will happen, based on my experience. Pretty sure the damage is minimal, even for heavy/long term bong users, and your cells do plenty of fixing.

Archived