Have you ever been put unconscious?

LegoPig

What does it feel like. I have never been put out apart from once in hospital to have all my teeth out but that was drug induced so i cant really comment on what it felt like because it was just like a sleep. I have never fainted nor been knocked out. I would imagine it is not a very pleasant experience but how would you describe the feeling when you come around?

Only once, when I was about 10. I was at school and a bunch of us were trying to walk across this metal handrail, kind of like a balance beam. I slipped and fell. The back of my head slammed into the rail and everything went black. When I woke up, one of the older kids was carrying me over his shoulder to the teachers. I remember being kind of confused and most of my upper body was covered in blood. I still have a scar and a small bump (probably calcium deposit) on my head from it.

Yeah....

....KO'ed by a head kick during sparring.

There was a flash of white, then everything went black.

I was only out for like 2 seconds, but I was messed up.

My nose looked like the letter S, was bleeding profusely, and I was so disoriented I hardly even noticed the two. The first thing I said was, "Alright, no more sparring today."

^I had no idea what was going on.

seriously though i passed out at my bro's wedding... it sucked... I'm standing there right and and I start getting really freaking hot. I stumble backwards a little bit. I'm like oh crap this isn't good. I fixate on the MOH and she lips "are you ok" and I shake my head a little. my vision started to black and I could only see like a pin point and then it was gone. felt like my eyes were closed. then it was time for the signing of the marriage license and we had to walk to it and that's when I went down... woke up like 20 secs later and they were picking me up walking me to a chair. was soked in sweat! it sucked

when I was a kid I wasn't looking where I was going and rode my liitle stunt scooter into a telephone pole or a lamp-post or something. I smacked my head so hard that I went out for a few seconds and when I woke up there was this ugly old woman standing over me asking if i was ok, then I noticed I had blood coming out of my mouth and it turned out that I had bitten a massive hole in my tongue.

i never been knocked out

but have been choked out twice you see in tunnelvision then it fades to black then you wake up not knowing where the hell you are what happened and why it happend

its a very strange feeling i can't explain its like you where sleeping and all of the sudden you wake up in the middle of times square without remembering you fell asleep

Yeah....

....KO'ed by a head kick during sparring.

There was a flash of white' date=' then everything went black.

I was only out for like 2 seconds, but I was messed up.

My nose looked like the letter S, was bleeding profusely, and I was so disoriented I hardly even noticed the two. The first thing I said was, "Alright, no more sparring today."

^I had no idea what was going on.[/quote']

whoever you were sparring with must have been a jerk to do that.

Rolled backwards off the top of the monkey bars and landed on my face. Wasn't unconscious but i definitely had a concussion. Tried to get up out of the bath too quickly once, blacked out, woke up on the bathroom floor like wtf???

I hit my head REALLY hard multiple times' date=' but never got put unconscious[/quote']

^This. About sums it up for me

I had your wife sit on my face for 10 minutes and somewhere around the 8 minutes mark I was put unconscious in pure bliss if that's what you mean

Damn...Horny all of a sudden lol:p

This may give you some idea of what it was like for me when I was knocked out.

I haven't been put out during any kind of sport, but I was put out cold when I was a teenager. We we're pretty young and stupid and thought riding on the roofs of friend's car was fun. Me and another friend figured we'd 1 up everybody else and sat facing backwards on the trunk of the car as another friend drove. At about 25 km/h (felt like 100 km/h) we both looked at each other and bailed. He landed on his butt and rolled onto his wrist snapping it in two. I landed on my butt and rolled hitting my head instead. I was instantly knocked out for about 5 minutes (or so I was told). I began acting strangely and after about 30 minutes my friends brought me to the hospital because I wasn't making any sense. Within an hour, I was being airlifted to a better hospital. I "woke up" while I was inside the CAT scan machine to a loud grinding noise and a voice that said "Don't move". When the scan was done, my mom came in and relayed what my friends told her had happened. Which was that I had a water gun and was tackled off a set of stairs while trying to spray some friends. To this day I still have no real memory of what happened, so for 3 days I actually believed the story my friends told my parents. When I got back to my home town, my friends told me what really happened and some of it seemed familiar but only as if it was a dream or something like that anyway. It was a really strange experience I'll never forget and I use that term loosely.

What does it feel like. I have never been put out apart from once in hospital to have all my teeth out but that was drug induced so i cant really comment on what it felt like because it was just like a sleep. I have never fainted nor been knocked out. I would imagine it is not a very pleasant experience but how would you describe the feeling when you come around?

Turn on 'Inside MMA' and you will know it's like to go unconscious.

I've had a few flash knockouts due to hitting my head really hard without a helmet but I've never been laid out. To experience a split second of unconsciousness is strange. You tend to think that you were never out even though you may have went out for just a moment. It's similar to when a fighter who is half conscious is complaining to the ref about a stoppage even though they can't stand up without staggering around.

You're right about that. It's almost like it didn't happen lol. When I was around 10, playing softball pitching, buddy hit the ball and it hit me straight in the temple.... knocked me clean out, but still on my feet, for a few seconds (I think it was only a few seconds). Woke up and came to and started running for the ball for the out.

Pretty ****ed up feeling thats for sure. I'm lucky it didn't kill me, getting hit righti n the temple

I've been choked unconscious a few times. If the person releases pretty quickly once you're out then there's pretty much no chance of any long term damage. However, if they hold on for too long then it can cause complications. The same isn't true of being knocked out though - every time that happens to you, you're getting damaged.

Bering choked out kinda feels weird, just go light-headed then wake up with things buzzing around you while you regain your focus, and then realise what happened after a while.

I've had a good few concussions though, through rugby and MMA and generally being a stupid kid.

Archived