Fail Sonnen

splitdecision

im all for seeing anyone fight anderson that can beat that arrogant ***. sonnen is the only one in the division that has a chance.

Arrogant? Silva? can you speak portuguese and understand him or are you judging him by actions. If so what?

You sound like bright reincarnated

Arrogant? Silva? can you speak portuguese and understand him or are you judging him by actions. If so what?

You sound like bright reincarnated

guess you didnt see the maia fight? come on even if your a fan of silva's you cant possibly say with a strait face he is not arrogant! im not bright, but if you'd like to call me that ill just take it as a compliment of my intellect!

Sonnen is a million times more arrogant than silva' date=' so why do you like sonnen more if you don't like arrogance?[/quote']

very good point, guess i have to root for the underdog. sonnen also is entertaining. he also doesnt pretend he cant speak english. ed soares may have something to do w/ it. ive never psychoanalyzed myself before, but thats what i got for you. im not a huge fan of sonnen. its just that i cant stand silva.

very good point' date=' guess i have to root for the underdog. sonnen also is entertaining. he also doesnt pretend he cant speak english. ed soares may have something to do w/ it. ive never psychoanalyzed myself before, but thats what i got for you. im not a huge fan of sonnen. its just that i cant stand silva.[/quote']

He doesnt pretend he cant speak it. He just doesnt choose to. that may seem arrogant to you but in all honesty do you know a second language.

I find that argument" he knows english, why doesnt he speak it" rather immature. learn portuguese if you want to understnad him.

very good point' date=' guess i have to root for the underdog. sonnen also is entertaining. he also doesnt pretend he cant speak english. ed soares may have something to do w/ it. ive never psychoanalyzed myself before, but thats what i got for you. im not a huge fan of sonnen. its just that i cant stand silva.[/quote']

I get you, but dude come on you dislike silva because he doesnt speak perfect English?? Look at all the things sonnen has done good and bad, then look at Anderson, compared to sonnen andersons a saint. I'm not having a go at you I'm just curious. Is it because sonnen's american why you like him more?

He doesnt pretend he cant speak it. He just doesnt choose to. that may seem arrogant to you but in all honesty do you know a second language.

I find that argument" he knows english' date=' why doesnt he speak it" rather immature. learn portuguese if you want to understnad him.[/quote']

the guy is a dog turd. why would i learn portuguese, i have no intention of going to brazil. much less making my living there. he most certainly does pretend he cant speak english. screw ed soares too. show boat, dog turd, stuck to the bottom of mma's shoe!

I get you' date=' but dude come on you dislike silva because he doesnt speak perfect English?? Look at all the things sonnen has done good and bad, then look at Anderson, compared to sonnen andersons a saint. I'm not having a go at you I'm just curious. Is it because sonnen's american why you like him more?[/quote']

i hate showboats (during a fight), i hated tito when he was even worth talking about. hated boxing showboats when that was all we had to watch. no reason to act like an *** in the ring and disrespect your opponent. im trying to overlook that with sonnen for the moment, until he beats silva.

i hate showboats (during a fight)' date=' i hated tito when he was even worth talking about. hated boxing showboats when that was all we had to watch. no reason to act like an *** in the ring and disrespect your opponent. im trying to overlook that with sonnen for the moment, until he beats silva.[/quote']

You are the first person that I've seen give a decent explanation, so respect to you.

9 finishes

vs.

10 submission/tko losses

Sonnen is a great gatekeeper but does not have the goods to go all the way and be a legit defending champion.

i dont care if he can defend the title (sonnen), i just want to see someone, anyone beat silva. hell i'd be happy to see gsp beat him via decision in a snooze fest/blanket party!

i dont care if he can defend the title (sonnen)' date=' i just want to see someone, anyone beat silva. hell i'd be happy to see gsp beat him via decision in a snooze fest/blanket party![/quote']

Neither is going to happen. Silva is going to retire on top and when that happens GSP will make the move to MW.

Sonnen doesn't have what it takes.

Neither is going to happen. Silva is going to retire on top and when that happens GSP will make the move to MW.

Sonnen doesn't have what it takes.

gsp will retire at ww, because he is so much bigger than most and he feels safe. sonnen may not be able to beat silva, but he is the only threat @ mw. who else do you see even giving him a challenge? henderson maybe, but he doesnt have the good sense to ground and pound the dog turd that is silva. he will go in and look for the big right and get finished himself.

i agree....sonnen just does not have what it takes....if he could not get the job done in 4.5 rounds....he wont be able to do it in a rematch cuz silva will have the gameplan to take care of sonnen next time around

lok at the history of both fighters...

silva: 34-4-0

18 (T)KOs ( 58.06 %)

6 Submissions ( 19.35 %)

7 Decisions ( 22.58 %)

Losses 2 Submissions ( 50 %)

1 Decisions ( 25 %)

1 Other ( 25 %

Has not lost since his UFC debut against leben in 06

10 title defences with no losses.

Time tested and proven, he is the champ for a very good reason...he wins....and finishes most of his fights...

Sonnen: 26-11-1

26 - 11 - 1 (Win - Loss - Draw)

Wins 7 (T)KOs ( 26.92 %)

4 Submissions ( 15.38 %)

15 Decisions ( 57.69 %)

Losses 2 (T)KOs ( 18.18 %)

8 Submissions ( 72.73 %)

1 Decisions ( 9.09 %)

over all not a bad record for the last 5-6 years..but he has not had alot of fights with top fighters...the best he has faught and won is marquardt, okami and stann..who are all gatekeeper kind of fighters....

sonnen just does not have the skills and his record proves it...if he fights silva again he will get a beating this time....

Why do people hate Silva so much? The guy is the greatest MMA fighter to ever live' date=' puts on some of the most exciting/ dominating performances in history, is soft spoken and yet gets the most abuse out of any fighter.[/quote']

Nobody hates Anderson, we just want to see him fight Sonnen

Nobody hates Anderson' date=' we just want to see him fight Sonnen[/quote']

i hate anderson!

why you ask...here is why..

they are stupid.

any other qustions?

theye prefer to listen to sweet talking federal criminals over real champions that are more reserved ..that do all the talking in the octogon...

by reserved you mean disrepectful show boat right? reserved real champions dont disrespect opponents like "dog turd" did to maia!

Archived