My Superfight: Belfort vs. Shogun

I_Am_Paul

I hear and read about various superfights, and really don't feel like mentioning them, but I'm sure your all aware of them. But one that isn't really ever mention is Belfort vs. Shogun. I would love to see this! Easpeally while they were both still revelent. I would s*** green bricks if this was announced and would pay big money (if I had big money lol) to see it. Have huge respect for Shogun, but I would root for Belfort. Always been one of my favorites. Honestly though, as far as who I think would win, I would give it 50/50. If I had to give a sleight edge, I would give it to Belfort because of his abilty to wrestle when he desides too. But with that said Shogun's technical striking could be more than an equalizer.

Poll

Share opinions

Discuss

Definately a super fight' date=' great fight

I like Shogun 100x more than Belfort but i would be delusional to think Shogun would win. But who knows maybe Vitor will choke and pull gaurd every five minutes like he did against Overeem.[/quote']

so... what you are saying is...

vitor > shogun

anderson > vitor

= Anderson > shogun? :cool:

Shogun wouldn't be able to throw many kicks in fear that Vitor would flurry and counter. I think Vitor has much faster hands and more power in his hands. I guess Shogun can win if he's able to control the clinch and get the knees going, damage Vitors body, use kicks only to counter when he knows it's safe, and weather the storm for the first 1-1.5 rounds then go for the kill.

I gave it to Vitor, personally I think his speed and power would catch Shogun and be a little too much, I don't see either guy being able to get the takedown and they both have great chins but great chins don't save you when you're fighting Belfort....well when you are fighting the Belfort who wants to fight.

Shogun wouldn't be able to throw many kicks in fear that Vitor would flurry and counter. I think Vitor has much faster hands and more power in his hands. I guess Shogun can win if he's able to control the clinch and get the knees going' date=' damage Vitors body, use kicks only to counter when he knows it's safe, and weather the storm for the first 1-1.5 rounds then go for the kill.

I gave it to Vitor, personally I think his speed and power would catch Shogun and be a little too much, [b']I don't see either guy being able to get the takedown[/b] and they both have great chins but great chins don't save you when you're fighting Belfort....well when you are fighting the Belfort who wants to fight.

A stiff breeze could take Shogun down. Seriously, prior to fighting Bones he was taken down 16 out of 18 attempts against him. I love the guy, but his base blows.

This is a very even match and is actually very realistic since Vitor made the comment recently that he's thinking about fighting at LHW or even HW.

A stiff breeze could take Shogun down. Seriously' date=' prior to fighting Bones he was taken down 16 out of 18 attempts against him. I love the guy, but his base blows.

This is a very even match and is actually very realistic since Vitor made the comment recently that he's thinking about fighting at LHW or even [b']HW[/b].

that's crazy

Archived