First day back after being banned.

Brady969

I find it ironic that we are on a website that promotes grown adults beating the bloody pulp out of each other for fame and money yet I can't say certain words because I may offend someone?

Violence is ok but bad words aren't. Gotcha. **** ***

Are you implying that because we are all fans of a physically violent sport that we shouldn't be held to common standards of decency? This is a public forum, owned and run by a corporation. If you wish to use this particular forum, perhaps it may behoove you to yield to the wishes put forth by said corporation. Otherwise, there are any number of vulgarity laced forums out on the net to which I'm sure you could curse to your hearts content. It's not like this is a new rule recently implemented, you've been around long enough to know the boundaries of this online community. Either be a respectable adult and conduct yourself accordingly or seek out some other forum with other like minded and acting individuals. Don't blame your misfortunes on those charged with enforcing the rules.

Are you implying that because we are all fans of a physically violent sport that we shouldn't be held to common standards of decency? This is a public forum' date=' owned and run by a corporation. If you wish to use this particular forum, perhaps it may behoove you to yield to the wishes put forth by said corporation. Otherwise, there are any number of vulgarity laced forums out on the net to which I'm sure you could curse to your hearts content. It's not like this is a new rule recently implemented, you've been around long enough to know the boundaries of this online community. Either be a respectable adult and conduct yourself accordingly or seek out some other forum with other like minded and acting individuals. Don't blame your misfortunes on those charged with enforcing the rules.[/quote']

Misfortune? Way to OVERSTATE! All I'm implying ( if you can read) is that I found it ironic that someone would be insulted by the fword but not a kick to the face for fame and money. Read what I wrote or bounce from this thread.

Rules on a message board mean nothing to me...obviously.

Misfortune? Way to OVERSTATE! All I'm implying ( if you can read) is that I found it ironic that someone would be insulted by the fword but not a kick to the face for fame and money. Read what I wrote or bounce from this thread.

I understand that, but even the UFC is not immune to people's reaction to the "F Word." If Joe Rogan drops an "F Bomb" during the Cain/JDS fight and they don't catch it and it airs on television, the FCC would burden not only the UFC but Fox with enough fines to make your head spin. I'm not necessarily saying I agree or disagree with this mentality, but as it stands, that is how our society functions.

All I'm saying, if that if you wish to use this particular forum, you agree when you sign up to adhere to the rules they implement. The fact that those rules "mean nothing" to you does not absolve your obligations to conduct yourself within the parameters.

I understand that' date=' but even the UFC is not immune to people's reaction to the "F Word." If Joe Rogan drops an "F Bomb" during the Cain/JDS fight and they don't catch it and it airs on television, the FCC would burden not only the UFC but Fox with enough fines to make your head spin. I'm not necessarily saying I agree or disagree with this mentality, but as it stands, that is how our society functions.

All I'm saying, if that if you wish to use this particular forum, you agree when you sign up to adhere to the rules they implement. The fact that those rules "mean nothing" to you does not absolve your obligations to conduct yourself within the parameters.[/quote']

It's a message board. Nothing more. A message board where there's no rules stating I cant talk about irony. Thats all Im doing. The end. It's over....back to your Japanesse animation. There's a difference between me dropping the f bomb on a message board and Joe Rogan dropping the f bomb on live tv. lol

It's a message board. Nothing more. A message board where there's no rules stating I cant talk about irony. Thats all Im doing. The end. It's over....back to your Japanesse animation. There's a difference between the dropping the f bomb on a message board and Joe Rogan dropping the f bomb on live tv. lol

You of course can talk about irony, but you weren't framing the discussion in that manner. You were using your situation to try and paint an image of hypocrisy, and then attempting to downplay the clearly stated rules by stating that rules mean nothing to you. You're right, it is just a message board, but one that is none the less controlled and operated by a corporation that has standards they expect it's users to follow. And the simple truth is, the word is not acceptable in our society, it's why we censor it. It's why you can watch Full Metal Jacket on TV and see the atrocity of war in graphic re-depiction, and yet you'll still get a beep, dub or muted over cursing.

If you want to talk about our culture's casual acceptance of violence while attempting to maintain a moral high ground on language and sexuality, let's talk. I'd love to have an intelligent conversation about it. But I suspect that wasn't your intention, feel free to correct me if I've misread your underlaying implications.

You of course can talk about irony' date=' but you weren't framing the discussion in that manner. You were using your situation to try and paint an image of hypocrisy, and then attempting to downplay the clearly stated rules by stating that rules mean nothing to you. You're right, it is just a message board, but one that is none the less controlled and operated by a corporation that has standards they expect it's users to follow. And the simple truth is, the word is not acceptable in our society, it's why we censor it. It's why you can watch Full Metal Jacket on TV and see the atrocity of war in graphic re-depiction, and yet you'll still get a beep, dub or muted over cursing.

If you want to talk about our culture's casual acceptance of violence while attempting to maintain a moral high ground on language and sexuality, let's talk. I'd love to have an intelligent conversation about it. But I suspect that wasn't your intention, feel free to correct me if I've misread your underlaying implications.[/quote']

Very well said.

Are you implying that because we are all fans of a physically violent sport that we shouldn't be held to common standards of decency? This is a public forum' date=' owned and run by a corporation. If you wish to use this particular forum, perhaps it may behoove you to yield to the wishes put forth by said corporation. Otherwise, there are any number of vulgarity laced forums out on the net to which I'm sure you could curse to your hearts content. It's not like this is a new rule recently implemented, you've been around long enough to know the boundaries of this online community. Either be a respectable adult and conduct yourself accordingly or seek out some other forum with other like minded and acting individuals. Don't blame your misfortunes on those charged with enforcing the rules.[/quote']

this guy needs mod status

I find it ironic that we are on a website that promotes grown adults beating the bloody pulp out of each other for fame and money yet I can't say certain words because I may offend someone?

Violence is ok but bad words aren't. Gotcha. **** ***

Dude. Are you serious? You really can't be...... yeah' date=' you are.

Brady, do you remember that scene in the movie Airplane, where everyone that comes and sits beside the guy on the plane while he's whining about everything all commit suicide in various ways right in front of him? Well, you're kinda like that dude, but in a forum/interwebs kind of way. :)

This is a public site, and with all the people like yourself who may flood this forum with stupidity and profane insults, there must be a governing rule set, and mods to enforce them. I'm guessing you aren't a fan of MMA? By the way you sound, you don't understand it, or place any value on the huge element of Respect in this sport, and just see it as brutality. Shame you don't get it. There's so much more to it.

"Then hence forth you shall depart from here, never to return, if you shall rebelleth against thy rules set forth." ~ 2nd Hesitations 2:7

He can't help it. Leiting was born with a brain condition that makes all of his sentences well-worded' date=' eloquent, and fluid.[/quote']

lol.

I would really appreciate it if you could perma ban this guy.

+1

this guy needs mod status

+1' date='000,000,000

by the way, does the OP remind anyone else here of Raptor_45? :confused:

yes. but different.

Archived