KingKongWar, Superbeast41, gorillo

JP24

Why are they never seen???

I mean, I've been around for quite a while, and I've only seen KKW once.

Did they forget they were moderators???

Or do they lurk? :eek:

They're like Public Enemy.

p02090o8rm0.jpg

The 4 guys in the back are like KingKongWar' date=' Superbeast41, gorillo and Bravo13 (but he comes around every now and then). They're behind the scenes.

The 3 guys in the front are like defsteve, G__row and brewster. They're the main rappers.[/quote']

Doc is correct- they are in the background. They swoop in to mod when they see an issue bubbling and lots of posts are suddenly being reported. Bravo is just in a different time zone, so many people won't see him in action. Superbeast has had to take some time off.

While most mods are regular, respected posters, gorillo and KingKongWar are guys who work indirectly with the UFC, so I know them personally and they have "earned" their mod status with their work and I have regular contact with them... and we do sometimes talk about you all ;)

While most mods are regular' date=' respected posters, gorillo and KingKongWar are guys who work indirectly with the UFC, so I know them personally and they have "earned" their mod status with their work and I have regular contact with them... and we do sometimes talk about you all ;)[/quote']

Curious. I believe I'm experiencing the same sensation that befalls high school girls when one of their friends reveals that are in possession of a secret but are not at liberty to divulge it. Rationally, I know from experience that my mind has already played far more interesting scenarios than what it's likely to be, and yet I feel a swell of fascination.

Your mind games have worked young lady. :D

Curious. I believe I'm experiencing the same sensation that befalls high school girls when one of their friends reveals that are in possession of a secret but are not at liberty to divulge it. Rationally' date=' I know from experience that my mind has already played far more interesting scenarios than what it's likely to be, and yet I feel a swell of fascination.

Your mind games have worked young lady. :D[/quote']

You're a keen observer, Leiting. Keen. And you in turn (as you certainly already know) have laid the groundwork for me to wonder what you thought...

Doc is correct- they are in the background. They swoop in to mod when they see an issue bubbling and lots of posts are suddenly being reported. Bravo is just in a different time zone' date=' so many people won't see him in action. Superbeast has had to take some time off.

While most mods are regular, respected posters, gorillo and KingKongWar are guys who work indirectly with the UFC, so I know them personally and they have "earned" their mod status with their work and I have regular contact with them... and we do sometimes talk about you all ;)[/quote']

Makes sense.

Lately, I've seen Bravo a bit more, so he's outta the question. but these other guys are hardly ever around, it seems.

Curious. I believe I'm experiencing the same sensation that befalls high school girls when one of their friends reveals that are in possession of a secret but are not at liberty to divulge it. Rationally' date=' I know from experience that my mind has already played far more interesting scenarios than what it's likely to be, and yet I feel a swell of fascination.

Your mind games have worked young lady. :D[/quote']

You type like a professor, do you actually talk this way in real life, or are you just showing off your mad skills? :D

So' date=' where does that leave me???

Hehe[/quote']

7255.jpg

So' date=' where does that leave me???

Hehe[/quote']

Hahahaha, you know I meant you and Brew :D

and, to satisfy a tiny bit Leiting's curiosity, we did discuss him the other night over lots of beer... gorillo and I were at a bar and our phones were blowing up with all the "reported post" emails. He asked why Leiting never responded to my offer for a hug, since those are an ultra-rare commodity.

And now that I think about it- you all go so crazy with your trolling and flame wars on Friday and Saturday nights, but non-event weekends are my rare chance to just go out to have fun. I may have to come up with some sort of Community drinking game :rolleyes:

Hahahaha' date=' you know I meant you and Brew :D

and, to satisfy a tiny bit Leiting's curiosity, we did discuss him the other night over lots of beer... gorillo and I were at a bar and our phones were blowing up with all the "reported post" emails. He asked why Leiting never responded to my offer for a hug, since those are an ultra-rare commodity.

And now that I think about it- you all go so crazy with your trolling and flame wars on Friday and Saturday nights, but non-event weekends are my rare chance to just go out to have fun. I may have to come up with some sort of Community drinking game :rolleyes:[/quote']

I want a hug.

You type like a professor' date=' do you actually talk this way in real life, or are you just showing off your mad skills? :D[/quote']

It's very dependent on the company I'm in at the time. Friends whom I've grown comfortable with tend to accept my long winded rants and diatribes. But for more casual acquaintances I tend to mimic their speech patterns. Even occasionally adapting their dialect or accents. I've found conversations flow much more smoothly if they feel an instant sense of camaraderie which is easier to establish with similar lexicon. I've recently been posed with the question if that makes me feel as though I'm being phony with them, to which I have struggled to answer that honestly, but ultimately I feel like so long as I am not untruthful to who I am, than minor details such as language, vocal tone and geographical dialects wouldn't by themselves constitute an act of deception.

But as for posting here, I find it's much easier to simply share my thoughts as they come to me than attempt to find commonality with hundreds if not thousands of individuals around the globe simultaneously.

and' date=' to satisfy a tiny bit Leiting's curiosity, we did discuss him the other night over lots of beer... gorillo and I were at a bar and our phones were blowing up with all the "reported post" emails. He asked why Leiting never responded to my offer for a hug, since those are an ultra-rare commodity.[/quote']

Actually, as I recall the events of that night my offer of a hug was retracted and redistributed to carnage, leaving me with the empty embrace of a lone glass of Scotch that evening. Now that I've been informed said offers are exceedingly rare, I find myself all the more disheartened.

It's very dependent on the company I'm in at the time. Friends whom I've grown comfortable with tend to accept my long winded rants and diatribes. But for more casual acquaintances I tend to mimic their speech patterns. Even occasionally adapting their dialect or accents. I've found conversations flow much more smoothly if they feel an instant sense of camaraderie which is easier to establish with similar lexicon. I've recently been posed with the question if that makes me feel as though I'm being phony with them' date=' to which I have struggled to answer that honestly, but ultimately I feel like so long as I am not untruthful to who I am, than minor details such as language, vocal tone and geographical dialects wouldn't by themselves constitute an act of deception.

But as for posting here, I find it's much easier to simply share my thoughts as they come to me than attempt to find commonality with hundreds if not thousands of individuals around the globe simultaneously.[/quote']

I thought I had a good grammar, then I saw you type, and you even manage to confuse me a little bit.

I have exceptional grammar myself, but I tend, like you said, to be around a specific group of people who exchange words in a different manner, and I learn to speak in smaller words, because half of the people I know don't even know what I am saying when I go into all this eloquent dialogue.

But, again, I think you put me to shame with your outstanding use of words.

You're too young for me' date=' sorry. Anyone less then half my age is off limits.[/quote']

I guess anyone at exactly half your age is fair game???

Be that way. :(

lolol

It's very dependent on the company I'm in at the time. Friends whom I've grown comfortable with tend to accept my long winded rants and diatribes. But for more casual acquaintances I tend to mimic their speech patterns. Even occasionally adapting their dialect or accents. I've found conversations flow much more smoothly if they feel an instant sense of camaraderie which is easier to establish with similar lexicon. I've recently been posed with the question if that makes me feel as though I'm being phony with them' date=' to which I have struggled to answer that honestly, but ultimately I feel like so long as I am not untruthful to who I am, than minor details such as language, vocal tone and geographical dialects wouldn't by themselves constitute an act of deception.[/quote']

I find this to be true as well. You aren't being facetious, you are falling into a comfortable level of communication with the companions in your presence. This tends to pull all parties to the simplest level being used.

Actually' date=' as I recall the events of that night my offer of a hug was retracted and redistributed to carnage, leaving me with the empty embrace of a lone glass of Scotch that evening. Now that I've been informed said offers are exceedingly rare, I find myself all the more disheartened.[/quote']

Well, then, please accept the re-issue of my initial offer and the sincere compliment it accompanied. BUT, more importantly, what kind of scotch was it and are you willing to share?

Well' date=' then, please accept the re-issue of my initial offer and the sincere compliment it accompanied. BUT, more importantly, what kind of scotch was it and are you willing to share?[/quote']

A welcomed embrace for an otherwise stressful day. Thank you.

And the Scotch that evening was a Macallan 25, which is my drink of choice and kept in constant supply. My willingness to share however is heavily dependent on the manner in which you enjoy it. Should you require to dilute it or add an ice cube, I believe I have some Glenfiddich laying around somewhere... ;)

A welcomed embrace for an otherwise stressful day. Thank you.

And the Scotch that evening was a Macallan 25' date=' which is my drink of choice and kept in constant supply. My willingness to share however is heavily dependent on the manner in which you enjoy it. Should you require to dilute it or add an ice cube, I believe I have some Glenfiddich laying around somewhere... ;)[/quote']

Kind sir, if a woman asks what kind of scotch you're drinking, it's impolite to assume she's going to ruin it.

However, for the sake of argument, there are occasions when chilling may be necessary. Are you familiar with whiskey rocks? Stone cubes kept in the freezer specifically to place in a glass to avoid dilution. Quite helpful when trying to drink outside during the scorching heat of Vegas summers (and overheated homes in the winter).

In addition, there are certainly some options that need the assistance of melted ice. Even Chivas 18 needs a little help if it's expected to hold up in a plastic party cup on the searing hot edge of a pool :P Makers Mark sent me a mold to make large ice spheres that fit perfectly in low ball glasses. And, because I am a gracious host, I keep some on hand as well as cheaper scotch and bourbon for guests who I know won't appreciate what I'm handing them. Certainly, though, that would not apply to you ;)

Sorry your day has already been rough, imagine me sifting through troll posts at the office, and waiting with much anticipation for a lunch that will now, without a doubt, be required to include a bit of scotch.

Kind sir' date=' if a woman asks what kind of scotch you're drinking, it's impolite to assume she's going to ruin it.

However, for the sake of argument, there are occasions when chilling may be necessary. Are you familiar with whiskey rocks? Stone cubes kept in the freezer specifically to place in a glass to avoid dilution. Quite helpful when trying to drink outside during the scorching heat of Vegas summers (and overheated homes in the winter).

In addition, there are certainly some options that need the assistance of melted ice. Even Chivas 18 needs a little help if it's expected to hold up in a plastic party cup on the searing hot edge of a pool :P Makers Mark sent me a mold to make large ice spheres that fit perfectly in low ball glasses. And, because I am a gracious host, I keep some on hand as well as cheaper scotch and bourbon for guests who I know won't appreciate what I'm handing them. Certainly, though, that would not apply to you ;)

Sorry your day has already been rough, imagine me sifting through troll posts at the office, and waiting with much anticipation for a lunch that will now, without a doubt, be required to include a bit of scotch.[/quote']

This is fun.

Oh' date=' I asked you for a hug, but was denied.

LOL

Intelligent conversation.[/quote']

G, I never meant to deny you lol! A hug for you is a given. Please assume I send you one every day that this board doesn't collapse in flames.

The hugs for posters, however, are quite an abnormal offering from me...maybe 3 in as many years?

G' date=' I never meant to deny you lol! A hug for you is a given. Please assume I send you one every day that this board doesn't collapse in flames.

The hugs for posters, however, are quite an abnormal offering from me...maybe 3 in as many years?[/quote']

Who says being a mod had no privileges?

And, you just made my day.

(yes I have a crush on Leonie!!)

In order to restore what has been broken in admitting that your hugs are rare' date=' I will restore balance by selling hugs.

I mean you could get a hug from Leonie, or you could buy a hug from me, c'mon which one is really better?[/quote']

How much? Rare items cost quite a bit, so i am assuming yours will be more affordable?

Kind sir' date=' if a woman asks what kind of scotch you're drinking, it's impolite to assume she's going to ruin it.

Sorry your day has already been rough, imagine me sifting through troll posts at the office, and waiting with much anticipation for a lunch that will now, without a doubt, be required to include a bit of scotch.[/quote']

My sincere apologizes, I did not mean to imply that because of your gender you were more likely to destroy a beautiful drink - truth me told in my experience I've known more lady appreciators of Scotch than gentlemen. Never the less, the overwhelming percentage of both sexes seems obsessed with the degradation of an already perfected drink.

As for the requirement of chilling it, I've found that it's easier to change the atmosphere to match the drink than to change the drink to match the atmosphere. This extends far beyond Scotch and becomes a lightning rod issue with me and wine. But that is my burden to bare as an individual who takes his drinks as a serious topic, especially with how increasingly rare my opportunities to enjoy one have been recently. But I too have been known to stock a few mid shelf brands for guests that may not have such discriminating taste.

And with that, I wish you a pleasant upcoming break. And here's hoping you are able to enjoy a fine drink with your lunch.

-Cheers-

My sincere apologizes' date=' I did not mean to imply that because of your gender you were more likely to destroy a beautiful drink - truth me told in my experience I've known more lady appreciators of Scotch than gentlemen. Never the less, the overwhelming percentage of both sexes seems obsessed with the degradation of an already perfected drink.

As for the requirement of chilling it, I've found that it's easier to change the atmosphere to match the drink than to change the drink to match the atmosphere. This extends far beyond Scotch and becomes a lightning rod issue with me and wine. But that is my burden to bare as an individual who takes his drinks as a serious topic, especially with how increasingly rare my opportunities to enjoy one have been recently. But I too have been known to stock a few mid shelf drinks for guests that may not have such discriminating taste.

And with that, I wish you a pleasant upcoming break. And here's hoping you are able to enjoy a fine drink with your lunch.

-Cheers-[/quote']

In my imagination you wear a monocle, is it true?

I'm afraid not sir. As you can plainly observe from my avatar' date=' my face is not adorned with the timeless and classy monocle.[/quote']

You talk as if you would, I could see it now, sitting back in your chair, legs crossed newspaper in hand. You'd have your cane leaning against the arm rest, wearing your monocle and sipping on scotch.

My sincere apologizes' date=' I did not mean to imply that because of your gender you were more likely to destroy a beautiful drink - truth me told in my experience I've known more lady appreciators of Scotch than gentlemen. Never the less, the overwhelming percentage of both sexes seems obsessed with the degradation of an already perfected drink.

As for the requirement of chilling it, I've found that it's easier to change the atmosphere to match the drink than to change the drink to match the atmosphere. This extends far beyond Scotch and becomes a lightning rod issue with me and wine. But that is my burden to bare as an individual who takes his drinks as a serious topic, especially with how increasingly rare my opportunities to enjoy one have been recently. But I too have been known to stock a few mid shelf brands for guests that may not have such discriminating taste.

-Cheers-[/quote']

Well, Vegas is hot, like it or not. Red wine is a myth for many, unless you like red grape soup; I too take my drinks very seriously... it would be tough to argue with me about many things of an alcoholic nature. Except vodka, because vodka, to me, is just a filler.

I did in fact have a great lunch, but with steins of Gordon Biersch Hefeweizen. Hot patio dining called for it, and I couldn't argue.

You talk as if you would' date=' I could see it now, sitting back in your chair, legs crossed newspaper in hand. You'd have your cane leaning against the arm rest, wearing your monocle and sipping on scotch.[/quote']

mr-peanut.jpg

Thank you for the laugh. That is the only image that came to mind when you described me in your mind's eye.

Funniest convo to return to lol

Archived