Frankie would FINISH GSP

rodrodMMA92

Honestly.

1. Maynard is a Division 1 wrestler. GSP is just another canadian wrestler. Frankie wouldn't go down with Maynard despite getting bullied.

2. Frankie finishes fights. He has finished 2/5 last opponents for a % of 40. GSP has finished .5/5 for a whopping 10% finish rate (BJ is a LW plus GSP didn't finish him his corner did but I guess since the fight was stopped it counts)

3. Frankie would be GSPs toughest opponent to date. Even GSP would admit that. According to him his fights only get tougher.

4. Frankie has the mental edge. Being 5'6" and from Jersey Frankie has endured more P4P skilled bullies than GSP in Canada. That is a fact.

These are facts.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly.

1. Maynard is a Division 1 wrestler. GSP is just another canadian wrestler. Frankie wouldn't go down with Maynard despite getting bullied.

2. Frankie finishes fights. He has finished 2/5 last opponents for a % of 40. GSP has finished .5/5 for a whopping 10% finish rate (BJ is a LW plus GSP didn't finish him his corner did but I guess since the fight was stopped it counts)

3. Frankie would be GSPs toughest opponent to date. Even GSP would admit that. According to him his fights only get tougher.

4. Frankie has the mental edge. Being 5'6" and from Jersey Frankie has endured more P4P skilled bullies than GSP in Canada. That is a fact.

These are facts.

+1 people are starting to get it. however Aldo would smash Frankie. Just saying.

Honestly.

These are facts.

At least one of your 4 is a fact, that is the first one. You did however forget to add that GSP is a better MMA wrestler than Maynard.

In reply to your title: LOL

Reported.

i think they should ban all the little taddletales who report people and than announce that they did for trolling. it adds nothing of interest to any discussion and is only added to entice other users into further acts of trolling and flaming. this should be a new rule.

People who are blind by there hated deserve to die in a car fire ' date=' just saying .[/quote']

Firstly, your an idiot.

Secondly, that's 'hatred' not "hated". Further proof that your an idiot. Get back to school & get an education.

Thirdly, my cousin died in a car fire after being hit by a drunk driver. Does a dumb sh!t like you understand "go F#$K yourself?"

Last, you keep repeating the same crap in different threads. Go get a life, your a moron.

As for Frankie beating GSP, ambitious to say the least.

At least one of your 4 is a fact' date=' that is the first one. You did however forget to add that GSP is a better MMA wrestler than Maynard.

In reply to your title: LOL[/quote']

2nd one is fact. BJ is indeed a natural LW and GSP didn't actually finish him it was a corner stoppage. In the last 5 fights that is the one fight that hasn't gone the distance while Frankie has finished 2. 40% finish rate >>> 10-20% for GSP.

3rd one if fact. When has GSP gone out and said that his next opponent isn't his toughest.

4th is fact as well. Despite getting his smash beat in twice in his last 2 fights not once did Frankie complain. GSP gets punched by Jake Shields and goes "arr mi eye hurrz"

2nd one is fact. BJ is indeed a natural LW and GSP didn't actually finish him it was a corner stoppage. In the last 5 fights that is the one fight that hasn't gone the distance while Frankie has finished 2. 40% finish rate >>> 10-20% for GSP.

3rd one if fact. When has GSP gone out and said that his next opponent isn't his toughest.

4th is fact as well. Despite getting his smash beat in twice in his last 2 fights not once did Frankie complain. GSP gets punched by Jake Shields and goes "arr mi eye hurrz"

St Pierre beat the ****ing **** out of Penn so bad that he literally went back to his corner and quit because he knew he was outmatched. That's called finishing an opponent physically and mentally. Edgar danced around using weak punches for points

Frankie has just now gotten his 3rd finish in 12 fights in 5 years. His others are submitting Matt Veach, and TKOing Bocek.

GSP in the same span of years has had 3 TKO wins (Penn 2, Serra 2, Hughes) and 1 sub (Hughes).

Oh yeah, and GSP was in the title hunt then when Frankie was a nobody.

Seriously, one of the guys with the lowest finish percentages in the UFC would finish GSP? Child, please.

Firstly' date=' [b']your an idiot.[/b]

Secondly, that's 'hatred' not "hated". Further proof that your an idiot. Get back to school & get an education.

Thirdly, my cousin died in a car fire after being hit by a drunk driver. Does a dumb sh!t like you understand "go F#$K yourself?"

Last, you keep repeating the same crap in different threads. Go get a life, your a moron.

As for Frankie beating GSP, ambitious to say the least.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuIbISdHcsOI2oJSyCVd1lShduLHYorxjhzD_sYsSo135Va33pv1c9b48-JQ

Firstly' date=' your an idiot.

As for Frankie beating GSP, ambitious to say the least.[/quote']

Rofl u know im a crew leader in construction ? I got my own company of framing and now of kitchen ... O yeah i lead some work site in Boston and Washington back in the day .

I always fix the plan of retarded ing who got to school for year and they dont ****ing know how to work . If u judge people for there english skill then ur the one who lack of Real Life education .

This thread is so amazing, not because of the OP but the interaction of all the people in it.

Hahaha, the guy who says haters need to burn in a car fire,

Shin announcing his reports

The beer thief crying and the crying response,

The guy who got hostile about the car fire guy

that face in response to the hostile guy repeatedly misspelling you're

and of course that guy who thinks GSP would finish Edgar LOLguysmiley.png

I rate this thread 5/5

Rofl u know im a crew leader in construction ? I got my own company of framing and now of kitchen ... O yeah i lead some work site in Boston and Washington back in the day .

I always fix the plan of retarded ing who got to school for year and they dont ****ing know how to work . If u judge people for there english skill then ur the one who lack of Real Life education .

LMAO!!

intredasting_Things_a_psychologist_told_me_about_girls_pics_on_the_net-s685x567-145147.jpg

Firstly' date=' your an idiot.

As for Frankie beating GSP, ambitious to say the least.[/quote']

*You're as in you are.

I think you, sir, may need to "Get back to school & get an education".

People in glass houses.

Also, think you need to be a little less sensitive.

This thread is so amazing' date=' not because of the OP but the interaction of all the people in it.

Hahaha, the guy who says haters need to burn in a car fire,

Shin announcing his reports

The beer thief crying and the crying response,

The guy who got hostile about the car fire guy

that face in response to the hostile guy repeatedly misspelling you're

and of course that guy who thinks GSP would finish Edgar [img']http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g463/bignickjr/LOLguysmiley.png[/img]

I rate this thread 5/5

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a really good breakdown lol

Frankie has just now gotten his 3rd finish in 12 fights in 5 years. His others are submitting Matt Veach' date=' and TKOing Bocek.

GSP in the same span of years has had 3 TKO wins (Penn 2, Serra 2, Hughes) and 1 sub (Hughes).

Oh yeah, and GSP was in the title hunt then when Frankie was a nobody.

Seriously, one of the guys with the lowest finish percentages in the UFC would finish GSP? Child, please.[/quote']

I like how people posts stats far enough back to prove their argument. Lets look at their last 5 fights, since recent history is more important in MMA than ancient history.

Frankie Edgar: 2 finishes

GSP: 1 finish

Lets look at successful title defences(a draw does not count as a successful title defence)

GSP: 1 out of 6 = 16.7%

Frankie Edgar = 1 out of 2 = 50%

Honestly.

These are facts.

GSP would lay on Frankie

I like how people posts stats far enough back to prove their argument. Lets look at their last 5 fights' date=' since recent history is more important in MMA than ancient history.

Frankie Edgar: 2 finishes

GSP: 1 finish

Lets look at successful title defences(a draw does not count as a successful title defence)

GSP: 1 out of 6 = 16.7%

Frankie Edgar = 1 out of 2 = 50%[/quote']

I looked over Edgar's UFC tenure, and compared it to GSP's equal time in the UFC from now back to that point.

Edgar, until he managed to TKO Maynard, has only finished gatekeeper talent, and that's being generous to the guys he finished.

GSP has finished champions. Some of the best.

Has GSP been finishing as much in his last five fights? No, but we know he is capable of it, he just seems to have lost some aggression and killer instinct.

Frankie, conversely, might try and try all he can, he has very little finishing skill. Just the way it is.

And I love how you spun facts about successful title defenses. The more important thing is not necessarily finishing in title fights, but winning title fights and who it was against. Edgar has fought two guys four times for the title. GSP has beaten 8 fighters in title fights.

I looked over Edgar's UFC tenure' date=' and compared it to GSP's equal time in the UFC from now back to that point.

Edgar, until he managed to TKO Maynard, has only finished gatekeeper talent, and that's being generous to the guys he finished.

GSP has finished champions. Some of the best.

Has GSP been finishing as much in his last five fights? No, but we know he is capable of it, he just seems to have lost some aggression and killer instinct.

Frankie, conversely, might try and try all he can, he has very little finishing skill. Just the way it is.

And I love how you spun facts about successful title defenses. The more important thing is not necessarily finishing in title fights, but winning title fights and who it was against. Edgar has fought two guys four times for the title. GSP has beaten 8 fighters in title fights.[/quote']

Yeah, I am the spinner. Your the one who had to stretch pack five years so you could show that GSP had more finishes than Edgar. I have just shown what their title defences look like and their RECENT finishing rate is. The idea that all of GSP's oponents are quality and everybody else is garbage is just nonsense.

Jake Shields: 1-2 in the UFC

Dan Hardy: 0-4 in his last four fights

Thiago Alves: 1-3 in his last four fights

Yeah, it looks like Edgar is not the only one fighting gatekeeper talent. Matter of fact some of them don't even belong at the gate.

The point you miss is that GSP is a proven finisher and part of why people are so mad at him is because he HAS the skills to finish fights, but hasn't been fighting hard to finish.

Edgar's win over Maynard was shocking because he DID finish someone that wasn't a scrub.

If you want to compare quality...

Alves - 7 fight win streak going into the fight with GSP, 4 KO/TKOs, 1 doctor stoppage. Including wins over notable grapplers Koscheck, Hughes, and Parisyan.

Hardy - Sure, he rode a hype train in.

Shields - Rode a big hype train in, and it derailed when he clearly can't win if he can't get you to the ground.

You're leaving out...

Koscheck - Highly skilled wrestler, KO power in his right hand and some dangerous (and unpolished) striking.

BJ Penn - GSP finished him, Frankie will never be able to.

Fitch - Was completely outclassed and nobody questions he's the #2 WW

Serra - Brutalized in the rematch

Hughes - Submitted and KO'd by GSP.

Frankie hasn't fought the same level of quality, much less finished any of them.

The point you miss is that GSP is a proven finisher and part of why people are so mad at him is because he HAS the skills to finish fights' date=' but hasn't been fighting hard to finish.

Edgar's win over Maynard was shocking because he DID finish someone that wasn't a scrub.

If you want to compare quality...

Alves - 7 fight win streak going into the fight with GSP, 4 KO/TKOs, 1 doctor stoppage. Including wins over notable grapplers Koscheck, Hughes, and Parisyan.

Hardy - Sure, he rode a hype train in.

Shields - Rode a big hype train in, and it derailed when he clearly can't win if he can't get you to the ground.

You're leaving out...

Koscheck - Highly skilled wrestler, KO power in his right hand and some dangerous (and unpolished) striking.

BJ Penn - GSP finished him, Frankie will never be able to.

Fitch - Was completely outclassed and nobody questions he's the #2 WW

Serra - Brutalized in the rematch

Hughes - Submitted and KO'd by GSP.

Frankie hasn't fought the same level of quality, much less finished any of them.[/quote']

I agree that GSP years ago was an accomplished finisher, but he sure isn't one now. You can try to validate GSP's opponents all you want but they are not any better than Edgars.

Alves: Once again you are talking about ancient history. In recent history hes 1-3.

Koscheck: I will give you that one

Penn: High quality opponent but the entire fight was controversial. Frankie beat him straight up.

Serra: Where is he?

Fitch: Most padded record and yes I do dispute him being number two. Everytime hes fought somebody good he either lost or he scored a draw. His best and only win against a good opponent was Alves.

I agree that GSP years ago was an accomplished finisher' date=' but he sure isn't one now. You can try to validate GSP's opponents all you want but they are not any better than Edgars.

Alves: Once again you are talking about ancient history. In recent history hes 1-3.

Koscheck: I will give you that one

Penn: High quality opponent but the entire fight was controversial. Frankie beat him straight up.

Serra: Where is he?

Fitch: Most padded record and yes I do dispute him being number two. Everytime hes fought somebody good he either lost or he scored a draw. His best and only win against a good opponent was Alves.[/quote']

That is "The Answer" to this mess. He made a mockery of Penn whereas GSP barely won one and had to cheat the other.

Alves' losses....GSP, Fitch, Story....to quote Meatloaf "Two outta three ain't bad"

Penn : No....GSP haters and Penn fans cried a storm about any little thing. Facts are Penn couldn't do anything effective in that entire fight.

Serra's career moment was beating GSP. He's 37 now and went to war with Lytle last year in a great fight. Retirement looms.

Fitch- Funny, he's beaten Alves twice. Sanchez is no joke either. Fitch should be put against better fighters.

And you ignored Hughes because it's bad to admit GSP has finished the other great WW two ways.

GSP is still an accomplished fighter, even if a few of his opponents aren't the best quality. He simply hasn't used his skills to finish someone. He can.

Edgar rarely ever has.

Alves' losses....GSP' date=' Fitch, Story....to quote Meatloaf "Two outta three ain't bad"

Penn : No....GSP haters and Penn fans cried a storm about any little thing. Facts are Penn couldn't do anything effective in that entire fight.

Serra's career moment was beating GSP. He's 37 now and went to war with Lytle last year in a great fight. Retirement looms.

Fitch- Funny, he's beaten Alves twice. Sanchez is no joke either. Fitch should be put against better fighters.

And you ignored Hughes because it's bad to admit GSP has finished the other great WW two ways.

GSP is still an accomplished fighter, even if a few of his opponents aren't the best quality. He simply hasn't used his skills to finish someone. He can.

Edgar rarely ever has.[/quote']

Fair enough. By the way, Hughes was past his prime when he lost to GSP. I was trying not to diminish GSP's victory over him because Hughes is an all time great. According to a scientific journal I posted here several months back, 20-30 is an athletes prime. Hughes was 32 or 33, so he was past his athletic prime. However, Hughes does have the distinction in beating GSP in his prime.

Archived